Bass, Lee, and 1st rounder

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: Bass, Lee, and 1st rounder

Would you trade Green for DeRozan ( rumored to be available)?

THEN, do the Rondo trade for McLemore, Thompson, Thomas and 2 #1's

Thomas/Crawford

Bradley/McLemore

DeRozan/Wallace

Sully/Hump/Oly

Asik/Thompson/Fav

That's a fun team, my friends.......

Or, let's do Rondo straight up for Danny Granger.....help Larry win the title, and tank!

Just kidding!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I don't like this trade at all.

I would rather keep the pick.

Asik is not that good.

Chris33- Really?  You're goin' to miss Bass's defense?  Are you serious?  This is the whole reason why we'd been starting him.  Praying that someone may offer us something for his mediocreness.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants's comment:

Ok, let's say that Danny does fleece the Rockets and sends them ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (assuming it's the pick from the Clips) to get Assick.  Where do we go from here?

• PG Rondo
    • SG Bradley
    • SF Green
    • PF Sully
    • C Make an Assick out of Houston

That's a young starting five with plus defense.  And it's no tank show.  So you can throw away any thoughts of Wiggins, Parker et al. 

• Is the next step to trade Rondo?  Is SAC for real?  Are we still interested in draft picks + McLemore + IT2 for Rondo?  AWFUL tempting.
    • What about Detroit?  Does this mean that I need to stop dreaming about Monroe and Jennings?
    • Is Hayward still in play?  What about Deandre Jordan?

I predicted around 28 wins for this team, it looks like they will def exceed expectations but even with 28 wins they werent going to be in the mix  for top 4 pick anyway( more like 5-8range) and the top 4 is where your going to get a stud . Now with already 12 wins they are on pace for like 35-40 wins and this is without their only all star in rondo playing yet.

If da can pull off the asik trade for 2 good rotational players (bbass and lee) and a late 1st pick, that would be a very good move. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Don't just look at Bass, also look at Courtney Lee.

Lee's contract doesn't expire until 2016.

Asik's contract expires next season, 2015.

Getting Asik now doesn't make the Celts contenders, but it gives the Celts more cap flexibility in the future.

Yeah, Bass is playing really well.

But is Bass part of the future plans?

i hate everything but i like this. JG, no but Bass & Lee. the pick is harder to give up but...yes, this would be a handy way to get a handy player. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

In response to Petey62's comment:

Bass is the only player who has the foot speed and strength to defend both Melo and Lebron.  As a matter of fact, he can defend most FORWARDS in the NBA (PF and SF).  

true!..a fair share of Bass and Green on these guys has worked this year.

Using BOTH is what has worked.  We cannot expect Green to defend them on his own.  Having Bass is what allows Green to save himself by not guarding Lebron or Melo.  I don't think Sully can defend and that is what may keep him on the bench in foul trouble.

And I'm just not ready to see guards "go off" once Bradley sits down.  All teams would have to do is wait for Bradley to sub out to take advantage of Marshon Brooks.   With Courtney Lee, teams know their guards will have to work for good looks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

Asik is not that good.

Chris33- Really?  You're goin' to miss Bass's defense?  Are you serious?  This is the whole reason why we'd been starting him.  Praying that someone may offer us something for his mediocreness.

I repeat...I would rather keep the pick.

I don't care for Asik at all.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA     Celtics, Rockets still haggling over which future first-round pick goes to Houston in Asik deal, sources tell Yahoo.

Danny should change it to a second round pick at the last second.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Oh no, not the good draft choice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I am having second thoughts and I'll tell you why.  I am not convinced that our overall defense will get better.  Definitely don't anticipate Asik being much of an offensive factor.

Bass is the only player who has the foot speed and strength to defend both Melo and Lebron.  As a matter of fact, he can defend most FORWARDS in the NBA (PF and SF).  Sully at the PF would get exposed defensively against these players unlike Bass.  Then you lose the defensive ability of Lee on the perimeter and replace that with, who, Marshon Brooks?

It would be nice to have that defensive presence in the middle that Asik brings but we'd be compromising our team defense and that might make obtaining Asik negligible.

To me, bringing in Asik is not about offense whatsoever.  It's all about our defense.

Agree! Bass has shown serious d and some much needed rebounds and offense. We need to keep BB and CH as they complement the team in a way no other nba players can!

Good post!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I agree that bbass is very good at defending  big 3's (lebrons and melos) but thankfully there arent too many of those types of players around the league. 

Sully has played the 5 admirably but that is not a long term option. We need a legit 5 and asik is that. Plus sully can now abuse similiarly sized pf's in the post instead of trying to post up behemoths. Keep in mind as weak as the east is there are many quality centers in the east to conted with, you cant go into every game and have a 3-4 inch size disadvantage at the center spot, its just too much to overcome on a nightly basis. Now we go from being a small team to a big team,  (ab being only undersized starter). Plus we still have the flexibiltity of playing small ball with putting sully or hump at the 5 and playing ko at pf.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Asik is not that good.

Why? He is one of the best defensive centers in the league.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

How many trade rumors over the last two years as Bass been mentioned in? Just about every one. Nah, keep Brandon he's a hard worker.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

hey guys don't know if this is true or not but my friend at the game said bass and lee just walked to the locker room..don't hold my word he may be joking on me but i think the deal is official

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

In response to SoxCsBruins' comment:

hey guys don't know if this is true or not but my friend at the game said bass and lee just walked to the locker room..don't hold my word he may be joking on me but i think the deal is official

He just called back saying they both ran to the locker room right before TIP but came back out..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Asik is not that good.

Why? He is one of the best defensive centers in the league.  

He's a stiff.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

He just called back saying they both ran to the locker room right before TIP but came back out..

They had to p.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA     Serious talks on Boston-Houston package for Asik have included Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee and a 1st round pick, sources tell Yahoo. 7 Minutes Ago  from  Twitter       Reply      Retweet      Favorite    

I dont like it! DA gives up too much.

I hope theres a last minute swap of Brooks for Lee. That'll make me feel better

Sections
Shortcuts