Bass, Lee, and 1st rounder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Bass, Lee, and 1st rounder

Asik is OK, I wouldn't give all that up for him. I thought his salary next year is over 14 mil how does that give us cap flexibility? I think we can do better. If we could work Wallace instead of Bass/Lee I might be willing to part with our lowest pick. The only way I see DA wanting to make this move is because of too many PFs so Bass is odd man out and they feel Rondo is going to be fine coming back making Lee the odd man out if so, I don't think we need to add a pick in a deep draft for an OK player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Bass for Asik might be better than a wash regarding our record going forward as he's taller & apt to pull in more rebounds but he's not a prolific scorer. I wouldn't even give up a draft pick along with Bass, maybe toss in Lee.  Even keeping our team as it is, we could win the division being a .500 team but I think the Nets will come alive and surpass us. What is our objective with Asik, he's not a Love, Hibbert, Cousins etc. that will bring us a championship. He's simply a big man to be played with Faverani & Olynyk. Our team is exciting now and because of Stevens plays like a run and hustle college team. It doesn't seem we are going to tank...I didn't mean do that on purpose...but I don't see us have the worst record so we may not get the best draft pick but getting the #2, 3 & 4 best will help us going forward & maybe there is a 7 footer in the draft that might become a star---dunno ? But, I would not be excited picking up Asik !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't like this trade at all.

I would rather keep the pick.

Asik is not that good.

[/QUOTE]

Chris33- Really?  You're goin' to miss Bass's defense?  Are you serious?  This is the whole reason why we'd been starting him.  Praying that someone may offer us something for his mediocreness.

[/QUOTE]

I repeat...I would rather keep the pick.

I don't care for Asik at all.

[/QUOTE]

Why? He is one of the best defensive centers in the league.  

[/QUOTE]

He's a stiff.

[/QUOTE]

What do you base that on. The fact fact that he averaged the second mst rebounds in the NBA per 36 minutes. The fact that that the Rockets last year were a ful ten points better with him on the court or the fact that last year he produced more win shares for the Rockets than Pierce or Rondo did the Celtics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

won't Houston have to add more pieces for salarys to match?

Bass and Lee are over $11M

Asik is listed as just over $8M ( though his salary this year s only around $5M).

so won't Houston ahve to send back other pieces?

Garica

Brewer

Brooks?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think I'm all in on the trade. I was concerned about the pick being this year. If it's next year's Clippers pick i'm ok with the deal. If they have to throw in someone I would want Brooks. I've always like him, he's a shooter/scorer and we could send Pressey down. 

We need a big though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think I'm all in on the trade. I was concerned about the pick being this year. If it's next year's Clippers pick i'm ok with the deal. If they have to throw in someone I would want Brooks. I've always like him, he's a shooter/scorer and we could send Pressey down. 

We need a big though

[/QUOTE]

We DESPERATELY need a good big..and Asik can play D and rebound in the paint...he won't be manhandled by anyone in the NBA

[/QUOTE]

We have a good big named Kris Humphries, but doesn't start.

I would do the trade, but not with a first round pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

At the least the worst first round pick. Hold em up or walk away

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

If we trade for Asik, we become the Timberwolves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I am watching the Rockets vs Bulls right now.

If HOU will throw Beverley in the deal, I'm all in!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I'm all for Asik for Bass/Lee +

This team needs a BIG big to defend the Lopez/Chandler/Noah types that just kill us down low.  

I was all in on tank-a-palooza, but this team is headed for 40 wins now so that ship is cruising thru the harbor, and headed out to sea.  Forget a top #4 pick... we're looking at another mid-teen hope & pray pick.

Asik by tomorrow night and Rondo shortly after that, and let the chips fall where they will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2. Celts get a starting Center.

[/QUOTE]

I know you must be thrilled...but explain the starting Center for a guy that averages like 5 5 .. I still cant find what the hype is all about..

[/QUOTE]

when u give a guy like Asik starting minutes aka last year he averaged 30 mpg he averaged 10 &11... put him on the floor as the only big man he will be productive

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA     Serious talks on Boston-Houston package for Asik have included Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee and a 1st round pick, sources tell Yahoo. 7 Minutes Ago  from  Twitter       Reply      Retweet      Favorite    [/QUOTE]

Bass, Lee and maybe the Clips pick next year. NO WAY if they want a 2014 pick or a Nets pick down the road that could become a Lottery pick. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Fierce I saw this earlier and this is a great trade if the Celts can pull it off. 

Some folks are questioning Asik's abilities. I would question why not take a chance, as we would not be giving up much at all. Bass handled that last possession with his usual lack of flair tonight....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Asik is OK, I wouldn't give all that up for him"

All that? 

A bad first round pick and a couple of scrubs? C'mon. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am having second thoughts and I'll tell you why.  I am not convinced that our overall defense will get better.  Definitely don't anticipate Asik being much of an offensive factor.

Bass is the only player who has the foot speed and strength to defend both Melo and Lebron.  As a matter of fact, he can defend most FORWARDS in the NBA (PF and SF).  Sully at the PF would get exposed defensively against these players unlike Bass.  Then you lose the defensive ability of Lee on the perimeter and replace that with, who, Marshon Brooks?

It would be nice to have that defensive presence in the middle that Asik brings but we'd be compromising our team defense and that might make obtaining Asik negligible.

To me, bringing in Asik is not about offense whatsoever.  It's all about our defense.

[/QUOTE]

A good case can be made that Humphries would best replace Bass at PF. Hump can hit the mid-ranfe shot and rebound. He's big/strong enough to defend most PF's with maybe the exception of the freaks like LBJ that can blow past him. Sully may be better left at C for now with Oly behind Hump.

[/QUOTE]
    Maybe Ainge can bring back Mikael Pietrus and Marquis Daniels!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

IF Asik and Rondo are added in the near future and we add them to Green, Sullinger, Avery, Fav and Crawford plus old heads Wallace and Hump, we are no lottery team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Also, last year Asik averaged a double double. He is a good defender as well. I would take him if he only hand one hand.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

Brad Stevens already did his job regarding Bass.

Last season, Bass wasn't tradable at all!

[/QUOTE]

Bass was playing good ball last year...I kept saying that, but the haters went on and on..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA     Celtics, Rockets still haggling over which future first-round pick goes to Houston in Asik deal, sources tell Yahoo.[/QUOTE]

Danny should change it to a second round pick at the last second.

[/QUOTE]

and a gift certificate.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This trade would balance the rotation for sure right as Rondo comes back. Minutes projections (IMO):

C - Asik (30), Favarani (10), Sully (8)

PF - Sully (26), Olynyk (12), Wallace (10)

SF - Green (34) Wallace (14)

SG - Avery (32) Crawford (16)

PG - Rondo (34) Crawford (14)

Pressey is 10th man. Hump should replace Olynyk and Favarani's mins for an 8 man rotation if the team really wants to get best record possible. But point is still to develop for future and as a big expiring I'd expect DA to move him at the deadline.

Goal remains cap space for 2015, so Wallace still needs to go as well, despite being a VERY useful bench player on a winning club. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.