Bass or Sully

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Bass or Sully

I know im going to get hammered on this one, but I think Doc should stick with Bass..for now.

He is the vet

He earned it last year, therefore, he should start until it is obvious that Sully is the better player(Im not in practice, so I am assuming that Bass is holding his own at this time). I also think its nice to have Sully to push him to be a better player.

I still feel that eventually, Sully will take the position on a permanent basis(just a matter of time)

I say let the rook earn his stripes first.

Either way, its a nice problem to have.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1384629-boston-celtics-making-huge-mistake-starting-brandon-bass-over-jared-sullinger

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Re: Bass or Sully

Doc is trying to balance out his lineups.  1st unit has the scoring punch but lacks rebounding (So he added Sully).  By putting Bass in the 2nd unit he gets scoring out of Bass and the rebounding from Darko and Wilcox.  I like a 2nd unit of Terry, Barbosa, Green, Bass and Darko/Wilcox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doc is trying to balance out his lineups.  1st unit has the scoring punch but lacks rebounding (So he added Sully).  By putting Bass in the 2nd unit he gets scoring out of Bass and the rebounding from Darko and Wilcox.  I like a 2nd unit of Terry, Barbosa, Green, Bass and Darko/Wilcox.

[/QUOTE

Eventually that may be a very potent  2nd unit..of course it always works better on paper..but im not so sure Bass works as well without Rondo feeding those open j's. Green will be making waves for 6th man of year...If Wilcox gives us  some of the same efforts..watch out..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

I think Sullinger's greatest impact will be the rebounding help he would provide as a starter.  I like the second unit you noted much better.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Sully is a better rebounder.  That, and that alone, is going to get him more minutes than bass this year.  If Bass could rebound he would be a good starting PF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

It is really about the ability to anticipate and read the situation.  Some have it, some don't have it and some haven't discovered it.  Bass doesn't have it.  His reads and reactions are poor.  He reads only some aspects of the situation.  That is why he is a poor help defender and a poor rebounder.  That is where Sullinger is superior.  But Sully is inexperienced.  So Doc has to ease him into discovering how he can be successful in NBA.

The knock against Jeff Green is that he too doesn't have it.  That is why, in his first year with the Celts, he looked tentative, slow, frozen and was ineffective.  Doc has to believe that he hasn't discovered it.  I remember reading some comments where Doc got on to Green's case for not attempting to do some thing, right or wrong, in situations.  To me, that is the key to Jeff Green.  Move him from a mind set of not making mistakes to attempting to make things happen, even if he makes some mistakes.  Indications are that he is already making progress there.

The two projects for Doc are to put Sullinger in positions to succeed.  Help him discover his formula in the NBA.  And to get Green going.

I can see Bass starting.  But I hope that he will soon be supplanted by Sullinger and Green.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1385796-debate-who-should-start-at-pf-bass-or-sullinger

There is definitely  valid arguments on both sides. What makes this a good situation is that apparently they are both ok with whatever Doc decides..At least, publicly..

There is no question that Green and Sully are the future. The only question is the time line. I like Green coming off the bench for now.  But he may eventually be our go to guy and can easily see him in the starting unit come playoffs. Sully seems to be on a very short learning curve. This guy could be a very scary player in the near future. Some of his low post moves remind me of what Mchale provided for us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Bass for now. He seemed to pout when not starting this Pre-season and by mid-season Sullinger will have played his way onto the Starting unit. Bass will see it with his own eyes and accept a role off the bench.

Sections
Shortcuts