Bass: This guy is pathetic. Denver game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Bass: This guy is pathetic. Denver game.

One of the worst games by a starting player I have ever seen since the Celtics were a team. What is wrong with him? Why does Doc keep starting him?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Re: Bass: This guy is pathetic. Denver game.

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

One of the worst games by a starting player I have ever seen since the Celtics were a team. What is wrong with him? Why does Doc keep starting him?

For what? Dud of the year?

Only reason I can think of is the Celts are showcasing him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

He doesn't have anyone else.  The celtics are so thin up front that it is scary. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i feel bad for the guy.  he's the last of the funk ridden players to start coming around.  it looked like some of the last few games he might have been coming back into it and now this. 

but what can you really complain about- our old old old legs win a 3 OT marathon with JT, the guy people buried as dead and gone being the spark plug and KG has 20 and 18.  i don't ever want to see KG and PP play this many minutes again unless it's semi-finals or deeper in the playoffs but we are on a GREAT RUN right now.  we were outrebounded by nearly 15 tonight (is it tomorrow yet?) and still won!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Right now I would take the 1990-1991 Ed Pinckney over Bass.

i would too

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

not even a tough choice actually....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Sadly I would also take Joe Kleine over wilcox, Collins or Melo.

Ha.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Bass was a plus 5 tonight.

Barbosa was a minus 10.

Terry was a 0.

Kirk are you surmising Terry had a worse game than Bass.  All irrelevant stats.  Barbosa made a key very unselfish play, Terry was one of the reasons we won the game in three overtimes. Terry is showing you he is much better than Ray and is a valuable asset.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Sadly I would also take Joe Kleine over wilcox, Collins or Melo.

Ha.

mark acres too

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Bass couldn't even exploit Wilson Chandler in the low post, ended up getting his shot blocked.

That was the difference in last year's playoffs against the Heat, Bass just couldn't exploit the smaller Shane Battier. If the Celts had Jeff Green last season, the Celts would have had Banner 18.

only if rondo went down in a heap....

you see how well things went for green under rondo's PG tutelage after the OKC trade and this year....  there would not have been any big renaissance or emergence with rondo pounding the ball flat into the floor 18 seconds of every posession

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Bass was a plus 5 tonight.

Barbosa was a minus 10.

Terry was a 0.

Kirk are you surmising Terry had a worse game than Bass.  All irrelevant stats.  Barbosa made a key very unselfish play, Terry was one of the reasons we won the game in three overtimes. Terry is showing you he is much better than Ray and is a valuable asset.

Terry missed 5 straight threes in the first two overtimes.

He missed 3, not 5, Kirk! And he made game winning three, that's why DA brought him here - to make big shots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

bass is your best trade chip..trading bass and a pick....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The problem is not Bass being bad, the problem is that Wilcox is just as bad. We are so thin up front it scares the sh*t out of me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard to figure how Bass seems to perform worse than the year before..Unless hes dunking or with an open 15 footer, he trembles with the ball in his hands.

Last night against the Nuggets he got a few post-ups and looked horrible. At least the guy seems to put out the effort each game, just his results arent good enough. Losing Sully is a killer for us....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Hard to figure how Bass seems to perform worse than the year before..Unless hes dunking or with an open 15 footer, he trembles with the ball in his hands.

Last night against the Nuggets he got a few post-ups and looked horrible. At least the guy seems to put out the effort each game, just his results arent good enough. Losing Sully is a killer for us....

Jeff Green earned his starting post last night. Bass was pathetic. especially on the rebounding end. PP and KG did't get any help on the boards from these younger dudes. He's a  6'8" big body who's afraid to get down and dirty under  the glass.

Sections
Shortcuts