Bass: This guy is pathetic. Denver game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Bass: This guy is pathetic. Denver game.

I agree he is growing more and more painful to watch. All he does is jack up 12 foot shots and isnt even making those at a high clip anymore. He used to be able to finish and now he just dribbles into the paint, gets stuck and starts upfaking and pushing his head into peoples stomachs...Ugggh, He is killing me right now. I would rather play Wilcox and lose that baby jumper in favor of more hustle, rebounding and put backs, not to mention EFFORT on defense.

Green has been playing REALLY WELL on the other hand and Im glad they didnt  GIVE UP on him like many wanted to after 2 months....tisk tisk!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

People are on Bass lately,just like were on Green,AB before that and Tony Allen before that. I see a trend here fans seem to hyper focus on a guy and just micro analyze every missed jumper every errant pass just everything they do and decide it ain't right. Bass isn't the best player on the team but he is a steady player who does his job and is a team player. His stats are off this year but, I think it's because we have more players scoring and getting shots called for. In the games since Sullinger went down I think he has played well not great but he isn't horrible.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

People are on Bass lately,just like were on Green,AB before that and Tony Allen before that. I see a trend here fans seem to hyper focus on a guy and just micro analyze every missed jumper every errant pass just everything they do and decide it ain't right. Bass isn't the best player on the team but he is a steady player who does his job and is a team player. His stats are off this year but, I think it's because we have more players scoring and getting shots called for. In the games since Sullinger went down I think he has played well not great but he isn't horrible.

Last year Bass was the best one on one defender at his position according to the stats.

He is better than people think.

He just needs not to post up. He is not a post up player.

He plays because he can defend.  But he doesn't rebound.  And if he is not hitting his shot he is basically useless.  I had hoped that Terry, Green and Bass would out-run and out-gun all the other second units in the league this year.  All have disappointed, but at least Terry and Green have shown glimpses lately that they are playing better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Bass was a plus 5 tonight.

Barbosa was a minus 10.

Terry was a 0.

Kirk are you surmising Terry had a worse game than Bass.  All irrelevant stats.  Barbosa made a key very unselfish play, Terry was one of the reasons we won the game in three overtimes. Terry is showing you he is much better than Ray and is a valuable asset.

Terry missed 5 straight threes in the first two overtimes.

So now you have to lie about stats to rag on a player? The bottom line is the whole team went cold for a big stretch of time, not just Terry.  Lastly, if it were not for his shooting during regulation time, the Cs lose by 10.  Get your facts straight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Barbosa was a minus 10.

Terry was a 0.

Kirk are you surmising Terry had a worse game than Bass.  All irrelevant stats.  Barbosa made a key very unselfish play, Terry was one of the reasons we won the game in three overtimes. Terry is showing you he is much better than Ray and is a valuable asset.

So now you have to lie about stats to rag on a player? The bottom line is the whole team went cold for a big stretch of time, not just Terry.  Lastly, if it were not for his shooting during regulation time, the Cs lose by 10.  Get your facts straight.

Look out Kirk! Venice is gonna call you a racist for criticizing JT! I think Venice is trying to build a team of racists......What a fool he is...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Let's hope Ainge can get rid of him next week.

It would be a disaster if he keeps getting all these minutes in the playoffs.

Bass sadly is untradeable I think at this point.  He should be coming off the bench. Where is Bass's pride? At least block out with that big body so others can grab rebounds.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Barbosa was a minus 10.

Terry was a 0.

I did not lie. Terry missed 5 straight threes in the first two overtimes.

Plus he can't defend. I would rather see Lee.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130210/DENBOS/gameinfo.html

Kirk, just check "play-by-play", he missed 3 not 5. Unless you are using modular arithmetic 3 is not equal to 5.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Last year Bass was the best one on one defender at his position according to the stats.

He is better than people think.

He just needs not to post up. He is not a post up player.

He plays because he can defend.  But he doesn't rebound.  And if he is not hitting his shot he is basically useless.  I had hoped that Terry, Green and Bass would out-run and out-gun all the other second units in the league this year.  All have disappointed, but at least Terry and Green have shown glimpses lately that they are playing better.

i don't get why a 6'8" big body can't rebound. they teach you how to box out in high school.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I get frustrated on the box out thing too, but you have to bear in mind the c's play a help d that helps so much it's worse to box out in than a zone. Guys are in transition from help when a shot goes up and they don't know exactly what to do.

it seems that rebounding is actually inversely related to wins? Did I hear that miami was the worst rebounding team in the nba? If you don't miss shots and you emphasize getting back, no offensive rebounds. If you play zone or help a lot, it's hard to box out.

That said, we've all seem times when boxouts are obvious and obviously neglected and I shake my head a lot too. Hasn't PP done a fantastic job since sully went down though? Is there anything that guy CAN'T do when asked?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Not sure Bass even played in the fourth last night.

Celts don't need a trade, they need Green to be able to play like that consistently.  It would be as good or better than most trade chances out there.  He has a few moves that are simply unguardable.  Explains why he was starting over Harden in OKC...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

Kirk, just check "play-by-play", he missed 3 not 5. Unless you are using modular arithmetic 3 is not equal to 5.

According to this Terry missed 7 shots including 5 threes in the fourth quarter and overtime before he made his last three.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Barbosa was a minus 10.

Terry was a 0.

I did not lie. Terry missed 5 straight threes in the first two overtimes.

Plus he can't defend. I would rather see Lee.

"And then there's Terry, who never lets a miss discourage him. Terry had been 0-for-5 beyond the 3-point arc since the start of the fourth quarter on Sunday"

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8935312/jason-terry-boston-celtics-enjoy-benefits-experience

You said 2 overtimes! Not the 4th quarter and the first 2 overtimes! It's not the same thing! But i guess we now know the truth and there's nothing to argue about!:) Just don't trade Terry, Kirk!))

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

According to this Terry missed 7 shots including 5 threes in the fourth quarter and overtime before he made his last three.

Yes, in the fourth quarter and overtime but Kirk said it was the first 2 OT.