bass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

bass

should be sent the d league or last person on the bench

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: bass

He is one of the few big bodies we have on the entire team... Danny could have, and should have, made a move before the trade deadline as our highest priority. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Bass coming from the bench would probably play better. Dont count him of just yet...I know he is playing awful but reality is, he is not a starter and not an NBDLeaguer either..he is supposed to be a role player..he will find his groove, I hope so

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Bass coming from the bench would probably play better. Dont count him of just yet...I know he is playing awful but reality is, he is not a starter and not an NBDLeaguer either..he is supposed to be a role player..he will find his groove, I hope so

All true and he is still starting.  He might actually improve if he goes back to the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard to understand why Bass goes into nervous breakdown mode everytime the ball touches his hands on the offensive end, esp in the post. He seems so uncomfortable.  Is it because hes been ordered to stay out of the post?   Hes played ball entire life, the guy needs some confidence or assistance with this.... I cant understand it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Hard to understand why Bass goes into nervous breakdown mode everytime the ball touches his hands on the offensive end, esp in the post. He seems so uncomfortable.  Is it because hes been ordered to stay out of the post?   Hes played ball entire life, the guy needs some confidence or assistance with this.... I cant understand it

Agreed Karl...I had been thinking the same thing about the panic mode. He's not anything close to his confident self from last year. He was even at times showing some great McHale like post moves. Where have they gone????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

You bring up a point I really wondered about.  To be so unsure as Bass appears at his level in the NBA as a starter for two years is astounding.  Holding the ball unable to decide whether to shoot is an offense that requires being put on the bench. In high school that is what my coach did when I did it.  On this level something very destructive is going on in this guy's head.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Have we not been getting to good starts? Yes or no? 

I think Bass is fine. Keep him starting, but when KG comes out take Bass out too, put in Wilcox & White. And then put Green in. Let Bass start the 1st & the 3rd for 7 minutes, then sit him. That will solve the Bass problem. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Have we not been getting to good starts? Yes or no? 

I think Bass is fine. Keep him starting, but when KG comes out take Bass out too, put in Wilcox & White. And then put Green in. Let Bass start the 1st & the 3rd for 7 minutes, then sit him. That will solve the Bass problem. 

Unfortunately Bass is getting more than 14 minutes per game.

Hopefully Doc makes a change soon.

Right, but what I'm saying is that the change shouldn't be to throw Bass to the bench, it should be to keep in as a starter in the rotation, but cut down on his minutes and give more to Green, Wilcox, and White.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

The plain sad fact is that basketball doesn't come naturally to him. He seems like a big strong guy that needed to play some sport and basketball was it.

No intuitively 'basketball' move is comfortable for him. He always seems a dollar short and a day late on any combinations of help defense. If a rebound doesn't practically rebound him, he has no instinct for where it might be going. His basketball vision is horrible; oftentimes he doesn't notice opponents standing right next to him let alone someone on the periphery. There's a 3-4 second delay between the time he catches and the time when he has finished formulating his decision on what to do next. His hands may be strong but he juggles and bobbles more balls than most any NBA player of recent memory. Honestly, it may be that his vision needs to be examined.

But he does have a reliable mid-range jumpshot and is an adequate one-on-one defender. Just don't ask for much else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Bass not hitting his shots = teets on a bull.......aka useless!

Sections
Shortcuts