Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charlespaul. Show charlespaul's posts

Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring)

As a long-time admirer of LeBron James I am surprised to say that I am starting to get sick of watching him just get up a full head of steam and barrel into/through guys on his way to the basket, with the refs sending him to the line every time. LeBron took 22 foul shots tonight, the C's as a team 25. To state the obvious, the Heat are not going to win a championship that way and we'd dust'em right now in a 7-game series. No question about it.

I think the Heat look like they have no offensive team game whatsoever, and the biggest change they may need to make is to move LeBron off the point-forward business. Dwayne Wade should be out front with the ball. Bosh should be triangulating the paint. And LeBron needs to watch Oscar Robinson/Lary Bird film clips, and discover the 3-4 man he can be in this new scheme of things. Lebron just taking it to the rack or pulling back off a ball fake for a jumper is BORING and ultimately selfish and ineffective.

Until further proof to the contrary the Celtics are the beast in the East when it comes to great team basketball. We're the Eastern Conference Champs for a reason. Everybody in green plays as a team and we care about DEFENSE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring)

lebron's game is like fingernails on the chalkboard to me.  he gets away with murder figuratively and also felony assualts on a nightly basis.  i can't believe my eyes watching the replays cut down to 1/4 frame speed.  this guy commits 9 or 10 charges a game easily and it's either no call or a shooting foul on the defense.  and the one charge he draws he's slack jawed shocked over.  sickening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

sickening is the right word. he gets every call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

He barreled into Erdan and called the foul on Semih.  CELTICS>HEAT+ZEBRAS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring):
    [QUOTE]He barreled into Erdan and called the foul on Semih.  CELTICS />HEAT+ZEBRAS
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    conspiracy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He gets 95% of the calls and when he doesn't, the faces he makes should warrant a technical under the new rules.  Guy gets his cake and eats it too.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

People try to compare him to Magic...no way. Magic was way smarter than him. Bron is like a runaway train all the time, he disappears at the wrong times and doesn't know how to finish games. Magic would dissect you and cut you up like a surgeon...slow and methodical but very smart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

As obvious as it is, with replays and the rest.. the NBA isnt gonna change a thing. They dont care that you, an intelligent bball fan understand the scam. They know the rest of the world doesnt and Leb is an NBA posterboy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorUpside. Show majorUpside's posts

I couldn't agree more.  Good post... I came here wanting to rant about this very topic. The Miami offense (last night, anyway) seems to consist of one play: clear out for Lebron.  Let him go at full speed in a straight line, crashing into the defenders like a football running back and hope for the likely bail-out whistle from the refs. 

Boring indeed.  Wade looks disgruntled.   Spoelstra looks outmatched.  Who is their Point Guard?  The whole thing with the fouls and bail out calls prolonged the game way too long.  I was wishing the game could be broadcast by Mike and Tommy just to hear the outrage from our homer broadcast team.  The LA/DEN game was half way through the first quarter by the time it finally ended.   Go C's. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I totally agree. All he does is charge against everyone in the paint, come on! Is this the NFL or what the heck? The worst part though is that he gets all those as "fouls" against him. The NBA really really does stink a lot these days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]They know the rest of the world doesnt and Leb is an NBA posterboy.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

interesting angle, but i can't see anyone but the martini soaked corporate seats not getting it or caring.  this isn't even subtle! 

old stern is D E S P E R A T E for the next 'big ticket' player.  i'd say he'd be better off going with durant

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I couldn't agree more.  Good post... I came here wanting to rant about this very topic. The Miami offense (last night, anyway) seems to consist of one play: clear out for Lebron.  Posted by majorUpside[/QUOTE]

1. watching shak stand him up a couple times was GREAT!

2. is this why d-wade looked SO SAD most of the night?  i know it was partly ray torching him too, but i wonder if the labron.monotony is getting to him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good posts... Lebron will tear this team apart. Last night he tried to be the hero, owned the ball, it was his and nobody else on the Heat better touch it. Lebron knew the refs would fall all over themselves blowing the whistle in his favor. If he had any doubt it was confirmed when he was yelling at a ref, calling his call BS and walking away scot free.

I loved watching Wade pout and seeing the Miami Cavaliers fall into the Lebron transe.

Heres a cool article I just found about Lebron, sums up last nights game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Akpi.9M_tYbTTNsp5INxZX85nYcB?slug=aw-celticsheat111210

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

The play where he buried his right side into Rondo, knocking Rondo to the ground pretty much sums up Lebron. Not only that he would be enough of a punk to do that. But when they actually called him he had the nerve to act shocked and cry like a little girl. As someone else said, under the new rules that should have been a technical. But not against "King" James. Dwight Howard is allowed to pull the same elbow first game. 

Anderson Varejo is allowed to hold, grab, clutch, push and slap away at the ball often catching the other player's head, or arms- in the name of defense. He flops at least a dozen times a game. And if the refs do call him for it, he gyrates and hops around like you just told a five year old with ADD he's can't have a cookie. But no technical.

Every time we play Hedo Turkoglu, we are subjected to at least half a dozen indefensible layups. I say indefensible because he takes five steps before laying the ball in. It's pretty much impossible to stop somebody (within the rules) that doesn't have to dribble.

I haven't even touched on the dozens of players that are allowed to travel all over the court- hopping while they dribble and palming the ball up around thier head. Under current NBA rules, both are considered cheating and should result in a loss of possession, But they almost never do call either foul. But Ray Allen move his pivot foot one sixteenth of an inch on an upfake and they will call it. It's a joke.

A while ago, I did a comparison of Perk and Dwight Howard. Just to illustrate a point. Over the last few years, their stats are surprisingly similar. With Perk even coming out ahead in a few catagories.

Yet Howard is touted as a superstar- even though he can't create his own shot, often forces things on offense and his idea of defense is to whack away at the ball- reaching in and often catching body parts. Knocking out teeth and knocking players unconcious with impunity. What he got away with in the playoffs against the Celtics last year was a disgrace. Not to mention 9 counts in the paint. There are times he spends the entire possession in the paint- upwards of 20 seconds.

But Perk? He is considered by most uneducated basketball fans to be a scrub. Dwight Howard is a star and Perk is a scrub. That's what a lot of people have been brainwashed into believing by the NBA hype machine. Superman my a@@.

I'd love to see Perk employ the antics of Howard or Verajo. He would foul out every game before the first quarter ended. Not only does Perk not get away with anything, he is targeted by the refs. There are at least two BS calls against him every game simply because the refs don't like him. You can say Perk brought it on himself with his attitude. But that still doesn't make it right.

Furthermore, there is a huge problem with refs calling plays they didn't see. Like the play where Ray Allen stripped the ball and got 100% ball- but was called for a foul. If you didn't see the play, keep the whistle in your pocket. Calling a foul simply because you think there might have been a foul is ridiculous. Conversly, the play at the end of the game where Ray Allen blew the dunk and there was no call on the forearm hack? The only defense I can think of, is the hack may have happened a split second after the botched dunk. But, that's not the point, I promise James would have gotten the call.

I'm not going to say Lebron's game isn't weak. But he's not the problem. It's not just stars getting star treatment anymore. The refs are shaping and controlling the game. They are destroying the game of basketball as we know it. Wether it's incompetence- or something more sinister like manipulation or flat out corruption. The officiating is ruining the NBA.

LeBron James is simply a sympton of the disease. I've said it before and I'll say it again: If James played in the 80s he would be averaging 7-8 ppg coming off the bench. Because every time he pulled his bull in a china shop routine- he would be charged with a foul or put on his butt.

Yes the players have gotten more athletic. But most of them wouldn' have been able to handle the phsyicality of the game back in the 80s and early 90s. I always laugh when people compare current players to Michael Jordan. Jordan played in the era of hand checking, grabbing and bumping. In today's game? He probabaly averages 40-50 ppg

LeBron embodies everything that is wrong with todays athlete: Self entitled, arrogant and mentally soft. And despite 7 years with no ring and still, not an ounce of humility. And as far as I can tell, no real drive. 

But he's not the problem. The Problem is David Stern. Another fan said it best: I love the Celtics but I hate the NBA. I think after this current team is done, I'm going to bid the NBA farewell. I follow the games out of loyalty. There is no longer anything enjoyable about watching an NBA game. I almost never watch a game without knowing the result first. I don't need to spend 2-3 hours watching my team getting jobbed by the officials. It's somewhat tolerable if you know everything will work out in the end.

I don't know what else to say. This is what the NBA has come to. It started with Lakers/Kings.

Now we have Lebron- the ultimate posterboy for the modern NBA. Unfortunately, that's no longer a compliment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I loved watching Wade pout and seeing the Miami Cavaliers fall into the Lebron transe. Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing- the heat are the new MEbron cavs but i don't think they have as much talent as the cavs did last year!  because, when lebron just "goes lebron" any given game, it marginalizes (and angers) a dwayne wade,

AND not only that, but bosh is looking every single bit as soft as antwon jamison.  the rest of the roster beyond those three is not much.  it took years to get the cavs stooges to work well with the labron machine. 

it will be the same in miami, and i would look out for <giddy thinking of it /> a d-wade trade demand if the lebron 92% ball time thing keeps up. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]LOL, you guys win and all you can do is bit.ch about lebron getting calls when wade was raped TWICE at the end of the first half and there is no call seriously, get a grip people miami is last in the NBA in free throw attempts...the celtics? 2nd...and lebron gets all the calls...laughable
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

tell me jimjack- why were 1/3 or better (70% or more in certain sections) of the primo ticket loge seats empty in the second half last night?

did you see d-wade sulking?  have you heard 'broonie's sound bites?  he's trying to get rid of spelestra already- "the difference tonight was jerry sloan was a great coach who knew what he was doing" (approximate but accurate quote of lebran)....

you guys in trouble friend, big trouble.  you think riles is going to get steam rolled by lebron when they have the same results with his old butt on the bench?  how long till the d=wade trade deadline.

i think 1/3 of the loge fans took the gate early last night to either barfe in the streets or drink themselves out of their sadness of watching their new elite team play stinko, again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]LOL, you guys win and all you can do is bit.ch about lebron getting calls when wade was raped TWICE at the end of the first half and there is no call seriously, get a grip people miami is last in the NBA in free throw attempts...the celtics? 2nd...and lebron gets all the calls...laughable

You make a good point. If Miami is last in the NBA in FT attempts, stands to reason the refs were in the tank last night for them  cause the Heat got substantially more FTs than the Celts.

Thank you

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring) : tell me jimjack- why were 1/3 or better (70% or more in certain sections) of the primo ticket loge seats empty in the second half last night? did you see d-wade sulking?  have you heard 'broonie's sound bites?  he's trying to get rid of spelestra already- "the difference tonight was jerry sloan was a great coach who knew what he was doing" (approximate but accurate quote of lebran).... you guys in trouble friend, big trouble.  you think riles is going to get steam rolled by lebron when they have the same results with his old butt on the bench?  how long till the d=wade trade deadline. i think 1/3 of the loge fans took the gate early last night to either barfe in the streets or drink themselves out of their sadness of watching their new elite team play stinko, again.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    glad to see there isnt any gloating going on

your team is old...when they are used up by the end of the regular season...miami will gleefully push your team into the retirement home

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring) : your team is old...when they are used up by the end of the regular season...miami will gleefully push your team into the retirement home

the team IS old.  a young core such as yours should have killed us.  both games so far this year. 

i fear you might be right.  miami is really coming together.  bron is stepping up and hasn't even thrown spolestra under the bus yet like after that miami game!  bron wants spoelstra gone and an employee of his publicity corporation made coach who will tell him during time outs :

"bron, you gotta control the rock a little more, drive the lane straight line style and knee anything in the way in the chest.  c'mon bron, you can do this.  d-wade shut the h*ll up, beotch.  bron, listen to me, just take it end to end man, and nike will give us another deal.  you'll lead the league in ball time and they'll have to recognize that."

or something like that. 

do you REALLY think that old lazy riles wants to coach this bunch of turds for a whole season that they will likely go nowhere in the playoffs for?  he'll be really pleased to have to do that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring) : glad to see there isnt any gloating going on your team is old...when they are used up by the end of the regular season...miami will gleefully push your team into the retirement home

That may be true, but as of right now the EAST still goes through Boston. And instead of accusing us of gloating (which you deserve, btw, for hiding after Game #1), you should be more respectful of a team that beat your binkies twice in a month.  Don't see how you have the stones to even pretend your team is better as of November 12, 2010!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

miami is second in the league in FT attempts per game, trailing only durant's thunder. boston is next to last, ahead of dallas only. jimmyJack would deceive us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring) : so you tell me not to gloat and then you, yourself gloat...and then you call me a coward? good grief, get a life

JJ- that's boring stuff.  let's talk about this d-wade / bronnie burgeoning dysfunction thing that's going on AND also 1/3 or more courtside seats were EMPTY after half time last night down in my ami?  how dat?  why dat?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring) : so you tell me not to gloat and then you, yourself gloat...and then you call me a coward? good grief, get a life

Here's the way it works in the civilized world:

You brag, you boast, you predict...you WIN and you gloat.  You LOSE, and you take your ribbing like a man.

Here's how it works in JJ's delusional world: - He brags, he boasts, he predicts, he LOSES and hides on the politics forum.  He LOSES again, and instead of showing the slightest bit of respect or humility, he continues to boast and brag over an over-hyped over-rated, when-is-Pat-Riley-gonna-coach-us team.

I knew this would happen, you are the worst kind of troll.....you lost and right now we are better.  Everyone would respect you more if you just admitted it!!

Just for the record, I am NOT gloating.  We are 7-2 and I am very happy.  The problem is YOU!!!!  You predicted, boasted, bragged and LOST.  You need to show respect for the team that beat you twice - especially on this forum......or don't, you've already lost everyone's respect by hiding anyway!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Celtics are old and will run out of steam in the playoffs huh?  Just like last year?

I couldn't believe what JJ said about celts being 2nd in ft attempts and heat being 2nd from bottom, but I did believe him.  Thanks for correcting him.  Every game the c's get out shot from the line, including dallas.  Have the c's shot more ft's in ANY game this year?

It's cause they're shooting jumpers right?  Except where do the c's rank in points in the paint?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Battering Ram Le Bron... (Boring) : 1. watching shak stand him up a couple times was GREAT! 2. is this why d-wade looked SO SAD most of the night?  i know it was partly ray torching him too, but i wonder if the labron.monotony is getting to him?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Aciemvp,
    I think you're mostly right that DWade's mood is due to LJ.
    It was very clear that Miami looked very much like Cleveland last night. I don't think that it's just one or two isolated games. I think it's LJ's philosophy that he's got from his school days and it was refined and ingrained in him during the next 7 years he spent in Cle. And now poor coach Spo got stuck with it. I doubt very much that Spo has guts and will power to change it.
    That's why the sour look on DWade's face. I suspect that he started to understand that he was duped by Riley and LJ into this colorful and loud soap-opera with no substance.
    Sad, very sad. But from standpoint of a Celtics fan - demoralized opponent is weak opponent.

AK

Sections
Shortcuts