BAYLESS or AB?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Re: BAYLESS or AB?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

YEP ITS gettin to that point. danny will have to ponder that. frankly, ab's off the bench at least in the beginning when ready to play. bayless is torching it.. had almost 30 last night. playing good enough d and a serious diverse scorer with some size who can play both guard positions. he will certainly cost us less than AB who increasingly cant stay on the court!

[/QUOTE]

Both!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If we draft someone like Wiggins or Gary Harris, it does not make sense to sign both with Chris Johnson already signed.  I guess it depends who we get from the draft but I would submit that AB should not be signed at 7-8M a year if we draft a high pick SG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

AB is a lot better than Bayless. Bayless had one good game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It depends..........if we are keeping Rondo, then I acutally like Bayless better.  Not saying he the better player, but he may be the better fit.  If we let AB walk, and sign Hayward, or draft Harris - those guys would need to start.  AB wouldn't be happy coming off the bench.  Bayless can play both positions, and would be good with the second unit.

If we trade Rondo, and understanding that we can't keep both, and draft a Smart/Exum/Ennis, then we need to keep Bradley and let Bayless go. 

Plus, AB gets hurt.....a lot.  This has to hurt his negotiations.  Perhaps another team would want to pay 8 mill per year for a guy with limited offensive skills, who has been in the league 4 years, and has yet to play a full season!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I would keep Bayless and Pressey and spent our money on the 2, 3, 4, and 5.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

in what world do we need a 4 at this point? we have sully, bass, olynyk and hump. unless we trade a lot of 4s, i think we're pretty much set there. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pressey is gone! I hope.  He is too small; a liability on defense.  And he not a good shooter especially from 3 point range.  AB is one of the best defensive guards in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

AB is a lot better than Bayless. Bayless had one good game.

[/QUOTE]

This.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Bayless is not getting it done...now we know why he's seen the team's he's been on...and AB can't stay healthy...he says he's injury prone because of his style of play..well, that's a problem because his value is based solely on the style of hoops he plays...I'm afraid we have to completely upgrade the backcourt personnel.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Bayless +5.6

Pressey +4.6

Rondo -5.3

Bradley -1.4

http://www.82games.com/1314/1314BOS.HTM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to FLACFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pressey is gone! I hope.  He is too small; a liability on defense.  And he not a good shooter especially from 3 point range.  AB is one of the best defensive guards in the league.

[/QUOTE]

Pressey is good for the team......in a tank year. We also need an upgrade from AB. He is a good player off the bench on a championship team, but not a starter on that same team. We need a big,strong, big time scoring 2 guard that can play defense. You know, an allstar, if we plan to get back into the hunt. We are building the framework for another run, but the 2 big time players needed probably aren't on the team yet.

Sections
Shortcuts