BB or BB??? (Big Baby or Brandon Bass)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perkmijay. Show perkmijay's posts

BB or BB??? (Big Baby or Brandon Bass)

Who do you like now?  Have been catching glimpses of Big Baby in his new role of Superman.....sure looks like a different player with renewed focus....it has been said in this forum in the past that we stole Bass and it was a lopsided trade....Well, who would you rather have now?  I will take the Baby.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: BB or BB??? (Big Baby or Brandon Bass)

All season, Bass has been bigger for us and better.   However, in the playoffs - BBD has been the better player by far......not even close.   But, each is playing a role for his current team.   I was a supporter of BBD but he's gone now.  Bass is my man and I believe in him because he's a Celtic.  With Rondo back, I expect Bass to be back to his old jump shooting self.   He'll never rebound or play D like BBD is during these playoffs, but He is a good shooter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosToNFan-inLA. Show BosToNFan-inLA's posts

Brandon Bass. 

We must consider Brandon doesn't have MUCH experience PLAYING in the playoffs.  Baby, because of KG's injury especially, has a lot of playoff experience already.  I think as the C's advance in this post season his play will be better.  You are right about the difference in defense, but other than that I am completely happy with Bass.  

I don't even need to mention Baby's MISHAPS this season..   his immaturity is something I do NOT miss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bass. Baby will be watching from home pretty soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Bass is a good player on a good team, Baby is a good player on a bad team. Id expect him to have better numbers, but would Baby be content on the celtics playing the type of role Bass plays or would he want to be the focus of our offense and take too many shots. On this team Id rather have Bass

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I'd go with Bass. And the main reason for that is BBD thinks he can shoot jumpers like RA and be walking 20-10 like KG (when they were his age). Sorry Glenn - it's not going to happen. OTOH, it seems that Bass knows what he can and can not do and operates within those parameters.

AK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

right now I'd love to have both. 

I'd probably still take bass, but lets give baby his due for playing well lately.  It's been fun rooting for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Big Baby got his nickname for a reason.  Bass is mature and solid for the most part.  He needs the playoff experience to know the new level he has to get to. He is still learning how to play the Celtics style. Overall, I like Bass much better on this team than Baby.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In spite of his timid playoff performances, Bass all day long.
    Baby just got too many antics, did you see him last night?
    He acts like he's the centre of the universe. Just too much
    baggage for what you get.
    And how long will his body sustain his energetic way of playing?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would take Bass over Baby every day and twice on Sunday. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Put him on a stretching machine and I'd take Big Baby. He's what ? Maybe 6'7" w/o sneakers and can BANG with the BIG GUYS but, alas, too short & loses out on many rebounds.

Fantasy I know but if Big Baby were 6'10'-7 ft, he'd be as tough as D. Howard and Bynum under the net and overall better because he can also shoot 5-15 ft jump shots better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Bass is a Celtic and BB is a Magic.....case close, next question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Baby has been playing great since Howard went down, because he wants to be the guy and he wants that really badly. Bass knows he is a role player accepts it and integrates with the team. Baby is more than willing to shoot his team out of a game if it pads his numbers. Baby is more than willing to take shots away from the likes of Howard in orlando, or Pierce and  KG here, because he beleives he is as good as those players.

Also, I think Bass has a more reliable jumper and since we actually rely on our bigs to spread the floor for Rondo, he helps us more than baby would even playing well.. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A mature big baby in the best shape of his life who doesn't fall in love with his jumper is a superior player to Bass

Too bad we may never see that big baby... so I'll take Bass

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Big "Brandon" has my vote

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: BB or BB??? (Big Baby or Brandon Bass)": [QUOTE]Here's a memo for Doc Rivers.... BRANDON BASS IS NOT A POST UP PLAYER! So stop trying to post him up. Sheesh! Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE] Do you really think that every time down the court, Doc (or any coach) calls every play?........or do you think maybe, just maybe, the player gets the ball in a position where he thinks he has an advantage and tries to post up (or is left with little option but to post up if there are no easy phases)? Come on, man, you're smarter than that comment. Bass takes it on himself (stupidly) to post up and the Coach probably has NO play where he designed it for Bass to post up. Same thing used to happen with Baby and Doc wasn't designing the Baby post up, either (and its why BBD wanted a bigger role). Blame Bass for his stupid post ups. I cringe and scream at the TV every time I see him holding the ball and beginning to think about posting up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: BB or BB??? (Big Baby or Brandon Bass):
    [QUOTE]All season, Bass has been bigger for us and better.   However, in the playoffs - BBD has been the better player by far......not even close.   But, each is playing a role for his current team.   I was a supporter of BBD but he's gone now.  Bass is my man and I believe in him because he's a Celtic.  With Rondo back, I expect Bass to be back to his old jump shooting self.   He'll never rebound or play D like BBD is during these playoffs, but He is a good shooter.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

that claim is BULL CRAPPE- bass is the same per minute rebounder and scorer that davis was for us last year and all we did in acquring bass was to force KG to play TONS of minutes at the 5, lose the lynch pin for our HELP DEFENSE SYSTEM (remember those days?), lose a lot of court vision, passing ability, foot work, PICK SETTING, to make slight gains in FG% and FT% and LEAPING ABILITY, but what good is leaping ability when bass gets the SAME REBOUNDS PER MINUTE as DAVIS DID.

I'll tell you the only difference is that the fat hatin' hypocrites climbed all ove rdavis like a cheap suit last year for "low" per minute rebounding and they dummied up like a bunch of stiffs THIS year when bass put out the SAME NUMBERS per minute for rebounding and virtually the same scoring, while being LESS AGGRESSIVE=  less FTA per minute played.

then check out BASS vs DAVIS per minute rebounding this year- run the numbers any way you want and DAVIS is 20-25% BETTER PER MINUTE REBOUNDER for THIS SEASON- he actually went out and improved himself in that part of the game. 

too bad doc rivers is such an IDIOT that he drove the ONLY thing standing between KG and inadvisably playing KG at the 5 spot right out of town.

Bass has shrunk from the post season spotlight, played like a big bucket of nothing even after josh smith OUT of the equation.  it's not like smith is that hard to "stop' either- his shot selection is TERRIBLE.

And Davis has risen to essentially be the ONLY player playing good ball on his team in the playoffs.

Nobody can make a logicial statisical based arguement that Bass is better than Davis- if you think you can SHOW ME THE NUMBERS- you all moaned SO HARD about davis' 5.7 rebs per 30 minutes played last year and then not a word about bass' virtually same 6.2 rebs per 32 minutes this year.  hypocrites and idiots.

we lost so much when davis left town- he turned games around by taking charges.  bass turns his head around the wrong way and his man scores on easy passes.  bass gets hung up on picks like he freaking wants to on a regular basis.  bass is VERY awkward any time he receives the ball in traffic, not a good passer.

but he's SOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUCH better for us this year.  really?  were we 33-9 with bass starting this year?  everything pretty much the same as last year (both o'neals and marquis were out).  nope.  answer: he's nowhere near the player davis is.

and also, go back and look at bass' per minute production PEAK in points and rebounds- it happened his breakout year in Dallas and he has never scored or rebounded more per minute since then.  that is ridiculous- you're talking FOUR YEARS ago and the dude hasn't gotten back to his "breakout" performance levels.  aren't you supposed to "get better' in time?

i know.  crazy talk again

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon Bass.  We must consider Brandon doesn't have MUCH experience PLAYING in the playoffs.  Baby, because of KG's injury especially, has a lot of playoff experience already.  I think as the C's advance in this post season his play will be better.  You are right about the difference in defense, but other than that I am completely happy with Bass.   I don't even need to mention Baby's MISHAPS this season..   his immaturity is something I do NOT miss.
    Posted by BosToNFan-inLA[/QUOTE]

well that's a GREAT ARGUEMENT to support getting bass, right??!!!  he's got his nuts in his throat, forcing KG to play the five AND the four once he lets his man catch on fire or does nothing at all on defense otherwise.

too bad that DANNY THE DOPE allowed Doc's demented 'father-son" thing with glen get out of hand- and it was ALL  on doc rivers- there were bigger reasons to "go to the press" than when dumbo rivers continually cut press confereences selling the hustle player / affable kid davis out.  like maybe when sheed showed up with bigger titttays than pam anderson?  and didn't hustle at all?  blew all our leads?  how about rondo's 57% free throws? 

but no, doc had to go right to the press with his "issues" that were either NOT issues or things that stay in house when you have a REAL coach.

you guys have fun with bass, he's a journeyman for a reason.  davis has a bright future in this league.  he took his extra money and invested wisely in himself and now has a cook and nutritionist.  what do we have?  a guy who puts up LESS per minute rebounding than davis and does SO MANY LESS THINGS- how many charges did brandon draw this year?  where did our help defense system go?  out the door with davis?  KG at the 5 spot at age 10,295 years old- WOW that's a smart move.  too bad we don't have davis, he could have soaked those minutes up.

wake up brain deads- danny RUINED our chances by getting bass and then NOT getting any REAL help at the 5.  and beyond that, we invested in a guy who had his best per minute outputs FOUR YEARS BACK, he's NOT IMPROVING

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Big Baby got his nickname for a reason.  Bass is mature and solid for the most part.  He needs the playoff experience to know the new level he has to get to. He is still learning how to play the Celtics style. Overall, I like Bass much better on this team than Baby.  
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

oh yea, davis was a BAD EGG.  he was so much worse than sheed showing up with titteys that touched his chin and belly button when he tried to run, then sheed never got in shape at all!!!  but davis was so much worse than that!

and it's davis' fault we signed sheed and three dollar bill jerlame o'neal to MULTI YEAR CONTRACTS!!

and it's davis' fault that rondo can't shoot free throws for crap!  still in the 50%'s.  it's because glen ate all rajon's food and rajon had no energy.  oh wait, rajon is STILL in the 50%'s.

just admit you hate someone not based in reality of "who is better for our team" but you just don't like them, probably becuase they are "fat".

davis WAS an OLD STYLE "they broke the mold" HUSTLE PLAYER like from the old celts days, who would do anything to win, could play multiple positions, was a FRIENDLY KID and aside from the "crying" incident, which was immature but was out of disappointment in himself and the bench unit, NEVER CAUSED ANYONE on the team but doc to say a bad thing about him.

this was the doc rivers "i want a player out of town" show.  doc couldn't stand nate robinson either, he had a personality.  so now we have vanilla bland bland-one bass with far less skills and versatility than davis.  bland-one is NOT getting any better in numbers, while davis became a better rebounder this year.  dang we could have used that!!

i know, he's fat and someone nicknamed him big baby.  so bass has got to be the better player.  ask KG who's the better player when he's all tuckered out from trying to play the 5 using mirrors after the celts get put to bed early this year.  you can fake a lot of things in the regular season, but not in the playoffs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

ACIEMVP...Re: "i know, he's fat and someone nicknamed him big baby.  so bass has got to be the better player.  ask KG who's the better player when he's all tuckered out from trying to play the 5 using mirrors after the celts get put to bed early this year.  you can fake a lot of things in the regular season, but not in the playoffs."

I always liked Big Baby & felt he always came to play & gave it his 100%. Will always remember fondly in Game 4 vs Lakers 2 years ago the photo of him and Nate Robinson as Shrek & Donkey.

I am not into the stats comparisons you've made vs Bass but I accept them.

Big Baby is not fat...he's lost some weight & is strong as a bull. I realize with D. Howard out he's needed to shoot more & truly be aggressive rebounding.

He really played outstanding 1st 2 games with 16pts/13 rebs and 18pts/10 rebs.
    Last night he scored more than previous with 22 pts but only 4 rebs...I'm sure he's being boxed out based on his rebounding games 1 and 2. 

Has played good defense too. I always liked him..felt he played to compete every day. He's the only reason that Orlando team stays close but they ain't gonna do it. And I'd be happy with him on the C team now !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB or BB??? (Big Baby or Brandon Bass) : that claim is BULL CRAPPE- bass is the same per minute rebounder and scorer that davis was for us last year and all we did in acquring bass was to force KG to play TONS of minutes at the 5, lose the lynch pin for our HELP DEFENSE SYSTEM (remember those days?), lose a lot of court vision, passing ability, foot work, PICK SETTING, to make slight gains in FG% and FT% and LEAPING ABILITY, but what good is leaping ability when bass gets the SAME REBOUNDS PER MINUTE as DAVIS DID. I'll tell you the only difference is that the fat hatin' hypocrites climbed all ove rdavis like a cheap suit last year for "low" per minute rebounding and they dummied up like a bunch of stiffs THIS year when bass put out the SAME NUMBERS per minute for rebounding and virtually the same scoring, while being LESS AGGRESSIVE=  less FTA per minute played. then check out BASS vs DAVIS per minute rebounding this year- run the numbers any way you want and DAVIS is 20-25% BETTER PER MINUTE REBOUNDER for THIS SEASON- he actually went out and improved himself in that part of the game.  too bad doc rivers is such an IDIOT that he drove the ONLY thing standing between KG and inadvisably playing KG at the 5 spot right out of town. Bass has shrunk from the post season spotlight, played like a big bucket of nothing even after josh smith OUT of the equation.  it's not like smith is that hard to "stop' either- his shot selection is TERRIBLE. And Davis has risen to essentially be the ONLY player playing good ball on his team in the playoffs. Nobody can make a logicial statisical based arguement that Bass is better than Davis- if you think you can SHOW ME THE NUMBERS- you all moaned SO HARD about davis' 5.7 rebs per 30 minutes played last year and then not a word about bass' virtually same 6.2 rebs per 32 minutes this year.  hypocrites and idiots. we lost so much when davis left town- he turned games around by taking charges.  bass turns his head around the wrong way and his man scores on easy passes.  bass gets hung up on picks like he freaking wants to on a regular basis.  bass is VERY awkward any time he receives the ball in traffic, not a good passer. but he's SOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUCH better for us this year.  really?  were we 33-9 with bass starting this year?  everything pretty much the same as last year (both o'neals and marquis were out).  nope.  answer: he's nowhere near the player davis is. and also, go back and look at bass' per minute production PEAK in points and rebounds- it happened his breakout year in Dallas and he has never scored or rebounded more per minute since then.  that is ridiculous- you're talking FOUR YEARS ago and the dude hasn't gotten back to his "breakout" performance levels.  aren't you supposed to "get better' in time? i know.  crazy talk again
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Why do you have this obsession with Davis?  You simply cannot even make a post without bringing him up.  Davis is not very good.  He just isn't.  Bass not being very good either does not make Davis any better.  Is it possible for you to hate on Bass without acting like Davis is special? It would make you seem more sane.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Both are scrubs. For people currently living in Boston, I am sure they are happy with Bass as that leaves more food in the city. 

Laughing 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

We got your points and some are valid, but still mentally Davis IMO didn't really fit into the team and Bass does. And even more important: Bass logged a lot of minutes this year. The Davis which I have seen in the Celtic dress was always exhausted after 25 minutes (it might be better now, I don't know). But for this years team, per minutes stats weren't the only important thing. We had so many injuries, we needed Bass eating a lot of minutes.

Anyway: Both are role players for their entire career anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hey, AcieMVP.  Haven't heard from you in a while.....but then again, we haven't discussed BBD in a while and we all know you are such a BBD fan you can't see straight. 

I liked BBD and was one of his defenders.  I've always said we were going to miss his inside presence and dirty work....and we do.   I even posted that he's playing much better than Bass in the playoffs (and I still hold to that opinion because Bass is not doing well right now).   The guy is playing HUGE right now and some of it is because of what he learned in Boston.  

But, you've gone overboard.  Bass does a lot for this team that BBD didn't do.   We lose on rebounding and defense, but our offense goes smoother and we have a reliable shooter in Bass.  The ball doesn't stick and Bass doesn't try to become the center of attention like BBD did.

Try being objective, man, and you'll have more credibilty.  The one sided, 3 page posts about BBD's greatness are not indicative of a poster who's thinking with his brain rather than his heart.  Maybe you're BBD's dad in disguise or something?

Sections
Shortcuts