BBD & Perk's post-Boston transformation!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

BBD & Perk's post-Boston transformation!

Must have been the pasta in the North End (or the chicken in Fenway)?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

Re: BBD & Perk's post-Boston transformation!

Guess I'll be the first to say it: where was this dedication to conditioning his first 6/7 years in the league?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

BBD has only been in the league for 4 years and gotten better every year (with a digression in the playoffs last year).   Its not surprising to see players improve and get more dedicated to better health each year.  Remember that last year he has lost significant weight from the previous year.

Perk, however, has always been a bull so I'm not sure weight loss is good for him.  But, he's in his first year or two of marraige and I'm sure his wife cooks better meals than the McDonalds where the single young man probably ate before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Good for them but sadly I doubt they would've looked this good had they got the same contracts to stay in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD will be a lot better than Perk.  Perk will be on the bench once the games mean something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lighter may not be the best thing for those 2 guys that rely on strength and power.. Being in good shape helps though///

Baby may be trying out for the 3 spot lol..."Hey coach, did you see my jumper earlier in the season with the Celtics?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Baby knew he would be going somewhere else so it made sense that he would dedicate himself to being in the kind of shape to step in and help somebody.  As Celtsfan4life said, he's gotten better each year and I'm sure he's looking to do even more with this opportunity.

As for Perk, I'm not sure what being lighter will do to improve his game.  He's basically slow of foot anyway and he may be less of a banger.  I felt his bulk was part of what made him such a defensive enforcer.

Both will have interesting seasons as they see how much they overvalued their worth as Celtics.  If Baby clashed with Doc, believe me, he will have the same kinds of problems with Stan Van Gundy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

I think that perk will actually be a lot quicker which is what he needs in OKC and just because he lost weight doesn't mean he lost strength. Plus the reason he was so good at D was his footwork, not that his strength hurt him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The pic of Davis has been run through a PhotoShop session.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: BBD & Perk's post-Boston transformation!:
    [QUOTE]The pic of Davis has been run through a PhotoShop session.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]
    Nah, he's just wearing spanx.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]BBD has only been in the league for 4 years and gotten better every year (with a digression in the playoffs last year).   Its not surprising to see players improve and get more dedicated to better health each year.  Remember that last year he has lost significant weight from the previous year. Perk, however, has always been a bull so I'm not sure weight loss is good for him.  But, he's in his first year or two of marraige and I'm sure his wife cooks better meals than the McDonalds where the single young man probably ate before.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

the DIGRESSION last year was that the dude had a seriously inflamed patellar tendon and they couldn't rest him as much as the injury needed BECUASE JERLAME O"NEAL was broken and on the shelf as usual.  This is the time period when Davis gained weight- because he couldn't do phyiscal activity.

all you hatin' fools, and i'm not saying the above is hatin'- you're going to miss this guy starting right about now.  he was the everyman for this team when we were THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR, mostly without shaq, ALL without JerLAME O'neal. 

and the picture of him shows him IN THE SAME SHAPE HE WAS IN AT THE START OF LAST YEAR you calorie hitler freaks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]It wasn't the weight, it was the money.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

it was niether.  it was the doc rivers problem.  doc is the one who ran davis out of town.  doc killed off davis, the glue for our help defense system.  he was a hole plugger and a passing lane disrupter extraordinaire. 

and now, with brandon bass, you'll see that davis' skills are not replacable with someone with a stat line that looks similar.  what has held bass back in his career has been horrible defense.  he may hustle some on the floor, but he CANNOT bang and grind on big 5's like davis did and he will not function well in our high paced switching-a-lot help defense. 

if i was doc, i would scrap the whole plan.  bass is going to be the starting 5 at 6-8 and 250.  we're giving away a ton of weight to any 5 in the league right there.  no need to give away a dunk / layup line off of bass's one famous "turned  his head the wrong way" defensive move

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD & Perk's post-Boston transformation! : it was niether.  it was the doc rivers problem.  doc is the one who ran davis out of town.  doc killed off davis, the glue for our help defense system.  he was a hole plugger and a passing lane disrupter extraordinaire.  and now, with brandon bass, you'll see that davis' skills are not replacable with someone with a stat line that looks similar.  what has held bass back in his career has been horrible defense.  he may hustle some on the floor, but he CANNOT bang and grind on big 5's like davis did and he will not function well in our high paced switching-a-lot help defense.  if i was doc, i would scrap the whole plan.  bass is going to be the starting 5 at 6-8 and 250.  we're giving away a ton of weight to any 5 in the league right there.  no need to give away a dunk / layup line off of bass's one famous "turned  his head the wrong way" defensive move
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    Good points acie, but IMHO, sometimes BBD was his own worst enemy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD & Perk's post-Boston transformation! : Good points acie, but IMHO, sometimes BBD was his own worst enemy
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

BBD was just his 2nd worst enemy.

This is his worst enemy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I think Bass is an underated player who will get a good chance in Boston, but I  am going to miss BBD.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Both players just taking what they learned in Boston.  Nothing new here