BBD wants to stay with Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

BBD wants to stay with Celtics

Um, sorry but I don't think so. Let him go get his money because I have a feeling Doc got all he could get from BBD and it's down hill from here. He fizzled out way too much to bring him back to Boston. He knows the money is going to dry up after the CBA and a dose of reality is in store for the 6'7 PF.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics

If the sample of fans on this board is representative of the overall fan base, then BBD is not favored by the fans.  Perhaps he has worn out his welcome with the fans.

However, I'm still a Davis fan.  I think its up to Doc and Danny to discuss with BBD whether or not he can stay "within his role" and if he can do that/wants to do that, I love his hustle and ability to hit a shot, get a few rebounds and play D.  We need "dirty work" type players.  It will be very hard to replace that and even more difficult to find someone who understands the offensive and defensive schemes of the team.   

The only question is whether Davis wants to be a "dirty work" player.  If so, I love him on this team and would love it if they could do a reasonable deal with him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

What's the incentive to resign BBD from the Celtics point of view? By drafting JJJ Ainge has moved on. We know what his incentive is...security. Isn't it time for the C's to put a true PF behind KG to groom him and then fnd a center. We've seen the best of BBD and the worst of BBD and personally I'm ready to see a 6-10 PF who can defend and rebund with opposing PFs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I agree with you 100%.....Baby would stand in there and take the charge...he is a big guy who uses his strength well and can play several positions....I don't care if he used to get his shot blocked..he has developed his 15 footer, has good hands, and rebounds.....he brings youth and energy, not to mention a very physical game...he and Doc just need to get on the same page...I hope he stays!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think grooming JJJ is the way to go. Why stunt JJJs growth on a one year deal with BBD?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Why not work a S&T for BBD and JON for a big? If you bring BBD back we're basically looking at the same team again...ugh. I'm ready to start the rebuilding process with some fresh new faces. This is the year or half a year to get these guys some good experience.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

What's wrong with Big Baby?  Everyone wants to get rid of him because of one bad playoff performance.  Did everyone forget how well he played when he filled in for Garnett? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : Nobody wants JO because of age and health issues. If another team wants BBD they just need to give BBD a contract as BBD is an unrestricted free agent.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You don't get JON to use him, you're getting him for his contract. The opposing team gets more value with BBD and JON's contract if it looks like they cannot sign their own player.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong with Big Baby?  Everyone wants to get rid of him because of one bad playoff performance.  Did everyone forget how well he played when he filled in for Garnett? 
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with BBD but at some point this team needs to turn the corner. We would be looking at the same starting 5, BBD and Green coming off the bench. This ain't getting it done vs Miami and Chicago we saw that this past May.

You have to force Doc to start using Bradley, JJJ, Moore, perhaps start Green to start making the transition. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong with Big Baby?  Everyone wants to get rid of him because of one bad playoff performance.  Did everyone forget how well he played when he filled in for Garnett? 

He cant rebound.  He has no low post game.  He is overweight and immature.

There are good things about him too.  He has a little jumper, he works hard and plays good team D.  The thing is there are all sorts of bigs that can get you 11 points and 5 boards in 30 minutes a game. In fact 11 and 5 is really unproductive for those minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : That's true, but that's also very complicated. Who do you have in mind? And don't forget a new CBA will be in place after the lockout.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Well I think Atlanta would definately do a BBD and JON for Crawford if they cannot resign him.

Chris Wilcox
    Aaron Gray
    Dalembert

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I agree..I bashed the guy during the playoffs but we know he is capable of playing better BUT just for the right amount of money..and thats the key right now..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You can still win and infuse youth into the lineup. The one time when BBD really could've made his money vs Miami, he didn't show up. That was a series that he and Green were suppose to take over. Now that BBD is getting a sense that he's not in high demand he wants to return. If Ainge thought BBD was in the plans don't you think he keeps Marshon Brooks?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I guess I'm willing to get bigger but not give out long term deals. I never liked the combo of BBD and Green. I like Green at PF with a low post center. When BBD and Green play together no one is posting up and we lose the rebound battle big time. This is what made Posey and PJ work so well...inside and outside, not outside and outside.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

1 year deal,,its do or die time for BB...help the big three go out in style!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : He cant rebound.  He has no low post game.  He is overweight and immature. There are good things about him too.  He has a little jumper, he works hard and plays good team D.  The thing is there are all sorts of bigs that can get you 11 points and 5 boards in 30 minutes a game. In fact 11 and 5 is really unproductive for those minutes.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    You`ve touched all the bases.BBD is too short and can`t jump. That`s the bottom line.

Sections
Shortcuts