BBD wants to stay with Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics

In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : Look, I'm not here to argue, but read the last sentence of my post again. Davis stock is the highest it's been since he last signed and most likely want a 3 yr deal.   He couldn't sign a new deal last year because he was already under contract.  When you are a young player going into your second contract, there is very little incentive to sign one year deal unless you anticipate that your stock is going to rise.  That is where the injury debate comes into play.     
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

If someone offers him a 3  year deal  - see you later, we have JaJuan Johnson.  BUT, I don't think there is  a market for him.  And, that being the case, he should take the one year deal, with probably a TEAM option, and try to improve his stock, lose weight, keep his mouth shut........grow up, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

Ainge offered tony allen the same contract after memphis did but at that point it was too late.  Initially Ainge's offer wasn't as good, but when allen was on the verge of signing with memphis, Ainge tried to lure him back with the same amount he was getting from memphis.  Tony Allen wanted a bigger role.  Different situation than Posey, who never got that 4th year from boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]If Big Baby can be brought back for a 1-year deal, Danny should do it, even if he has to overpay BBD for that 1-year.  The Celts need BBD on the roster to make it an interesting season.  I am really hoping that they can also bring back Jeff Green on a 1-year qualifying offer level.  Then Danny will only need to work on finding another/backup 5. As for other options, I believe that Danny has made his call.  He is creating cap space for the 2012 off season.  The only thing he will do is to trade for top line players.  Like CP3 or Deron Williams.  BBD is not coming back on a multi-year deal. If the new CBA is restrictive, a lot of teams will be handcuffed and with their cap space, the Celts should be well positioned.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

All excellent points.  I would love to see BBD take a larger one year deal with us.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen that way.  Despite how many Boston fans are disappointed in one bad post season by BBD, his stock is still high enough (and his body of work over the past 3 years still good enough) that several other teams will offer him a multi-year deal......and he will take it if he's smart (get all you can while you can because an NBA career is short!).   I love his "dirty work" and will miss him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : All excellent points.  I would love to see BBD take a larger one year deal with us.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen that way.  Despite how many Boston fans are disappointed in one bad post season by BBD, his stock is still high enough (and his body of work over the past 3 years still good enough) that several other teams will offer him a multi-year deal......and he will take it if he's smart (get all you can while you can because an NBA career is short!).   I love his "dirty work" and will miss him.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

All good points, and I agree.........except for the last one.  He has said he wants to start (I KNOW I can).  On what team could he start?  Why not stay in BOS one more year, improve yourself, then go for a starters role next year.  I believe that unless some team is crazy, he will not get a multi-year deal and an opportunity to start.  His best role is as a backup in BOS.  The only problem is that he does not know that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : All good points, and I agree.........except for the last one.  He has said he wants to start (I KNOW I can).  On what team could he start?  Why not stay in BOS one more year, improve yourself, then go for a starters role next year.  I believe that unless some team is crazy, he will not get a multi-year deal and an opportunity to start.  His best role is as a backup in BOS.  The only problem is that he does not know that. 
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

This argument has been made about a lot of players, but then some team comes along and gives them the deal (Tony Allen, Telfair, Bibby, Arroyo, etc. are recent examples of players who got bigger contracts than I think they ever deserved).  Don't overestimate teams at the bottom looking for talent.  Even if he doesn't start - someone will go for a multi-year deal as a 6th man (and I think he'll deserve it).  If you're Charlotte, Houston, Cleveland, etc, Davis would be a good player to help bring you defense and intensity.   

I'm not arguing he's good or bad - just that its clear some teams out there can and will use him to improve.   And if you're BBD, take the money if you can get it.  Careers are short, injuries happen, your talent can drop off, and therefore you get all the money you can as soon as you can.   You can't really blame him for that.  I'd do it, as well, to build a stronger financial future for me and my family.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Why not work a S&T for BBD and JON for a big? If you bring BBD back we're basically looking at the same team again...ugh. I'm ready to start the rebuilding process with some fresh new faces. This is the year or half a year to get these guys some good experience.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    56 WINS IS UGH? A little spoiled, are we? Im not a huge fan of Baby, either, but trading 2 bigs for 1 doesn`t make a lot of sense. They`d have to sign Davis to  to trade him. Why would he sign with Celts rather than exploring the open market unless they overpaid or gave  him a long term -contract? Doesn`t seem likely.If Ainge doesn`t want him back he`ll most likely just let him walk. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportingGoods. Show SportingGoods's posts

yeah its funny how a first round draftipick, no matter how low,
    is first bunched in with the stars of the team, as an important
    piece of the winning puzzle. and then no one hears
    about them for half the season.. aka bradley last year.
    the only real
    hope is if celts finagle something in '12.. but BBD has
    been a core member of the team for a while now.
    too bad the celts fell just shy of a real mini dynasty.