BBD wants to stay with Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics

In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : Aaron Gray or Chris Wilcox can be had for the Bi-Annual exception.  The problem with going after Dalembert is it will take the Celts out of the free agency bonanza in 2012. Not to mention Dalembert is already 30 years old, meaning this would likely be his last big pay day. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

As best I can tell, $38 million or so is coming off the books for 2012, and that's just for 3 players (JON, KG and Ray), so that figure is likely more.  I know we have no idea what the cap situation or CBA will be, but if they want to contend seriously for next year they may have to extend themselves for a guy like Dalembert if they can figure out a way to carry his salary on the books. 

The two premier FAs in 2012 are Howard and Paul.  I don't think they need Paul, and I'm not sure Howard would come here, so the Celtics are in the bind of losing current competitiveness to scrimp for cap room for a guy they might not get, while wasting the last year of the Big 3 because they're looking down the road. 

To me, they either have to add to the current roster or disband it and hope they can get a DH to build around with Rondo.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I wouldn't spend any money that I didn't have too. All the dead weight on the roster needs to come off...this includes not resigning BBD. Keep the payroll down as much as possible because everyone will be playing with the same deck of cards coming out of the lockout.

If the Lakers think they're going to sign Howard they will have to trim alot or trade.

The Celtics have minimal contracts past this year and players are going to have to take less. Ainge is going to have the pick of the litter when the lockout is over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't spend any money that I didn't have too. All the dead weight on the roster needs to come off...this includes not resigning BBD. Keep the payroll down as much as possible because everyone will be playing with the same deck of cards coming out of the lockout. If the Lakers think they're going to sign Howard they will have to trim alot or trade. The Celtics have minimal contracts past this year and players are going to have to take less. Ainge is going to have the pick of the litter when the lockout is over.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias

Think you're right, but he could also have a lot of cap room and no viable FAs to build around.  That could mean some lean, hungry years for Celtics fans expecting a big splash post lockout since I can't see DA spending $ on just anyone. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : Bias Think you're right, but he could also have a lot of cap room and no viable FAs to build around.  That could mean some lean, hungry years for Celtics fans expecting a big splash post lockout since I can't see DA spending $ on just anyone. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Yes but all teams will be in the same boat. If you can come out of the lockout with a good core going into 2012 that's enough to build around. Rondo, Green, Pierce and Johnson is a good start.

It will come down to where do guys want to play.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If there is a hard cap we may see the end of MLE, LLE and Vet Mins. We may see Franchise Tags and that's it.

Dang with a hard cap teams should be able to spend as they please and if they want to give the Franchise player 50% of the cap that's up to them. They will still have to fill a roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with Bias. Nobody is gonna sign the current crop of FA's to $9-12M long term contracts under a new CBA. I think we could see a surprising amount of movement via one year contracts until teams make the transition. Then the best FA's will get more $ and longer term deals but until then it's MLE for a year or go to Sacramento, Idiana, Washington, NJ, Toronto, Minnesota, etal and pray.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Agree that the salaries will be much lower in the future.  I just hope that they can get this resolved quickly.  I will be very disappointed, but not surprised if their is no NBA next season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

I must have missed it. What is the source of the "Big Baby wants to stay with the Celtics."? Thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]I must have missed it. What is the source of the "Big Baby wants to stay with the Celtics."? Thanks.
    Posted by hondorondo[/QUOTE]

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214480/Davis_Angling_For_Return_To_Celtics

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Bbd = TAllen. More valuable after they get nickle and dimed out of town. Then some rash move will need to be made when we realize 220 pounds doesn't cut it down low, regardless of length. BBD can hold his ground. Other than always injured JON, nobody else on the roster can, at least down low.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Bbd = TAllen. More valuable after they get nickle and dimed out of town. Then some rash move will need to be made when we realize 220 pounds doesn't cut it down low, regardless of length. BBD can hold his ground. Other than always injured JON, nobody else on the roster can, at least down low.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Allen took the same amount of money from Memphis, he wanted more playing time. Bad comparison.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Cavs got a 1st Rd pick for Hickson? I know Ainge can swing something for BBD and JONs contract.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

BBD is an unrestricted FA. Why you guys keep believing we can something in return for an unrestricted FA?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]What's the incentive to resign BBD from the Celtics point of view? By drafting JJJ Ainge has moved on. We know what his incentive is...security. Isn't it time for the C's to put a true PF behind KG to groom him and then fnd a center. We've seen the best of BBD and the worst of BBD and personally I'm ready to see a 6-10 PF who can defend and rebund with opposing PFs.

because we don't have anyone who can sop up 4/5 minutes like davis can you idiot!!  the 6-10, 156 pound kid they got in the draft is NOT THAT MAN for the job

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : Allen took the same amount of money from Memphis, he wanted more playing time. Bad comparison.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    MEM gave him an extra year - just like NOHA gave Posey

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]If there is a hard cap we may see the end of MLE, LLE and Vet Mins. We may see Franchise Tags and that's it. Dang with a hard cap teams should be able to spend as they please and if they want to give the Franchise player 50% of the cap that's up to them. They will still have to fill a roster.

My proposition was and is:
    each team gets one franchise tag.  It does NOT count toward the cap.  After that, it is a hard cap!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

If you want to win a title next year, keep Davis , you will not have the money to sign the guys that you are talking about after we sign a good big.  Davis is a keeper.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

If Big Baby can be brought back for a 1-year deal, Danny should do it, even if he has to overpay BBD for that 1-year.  The Celts need BBD on the roster to make it an interesting season.  I am really hoping that they can also bring back Jeff Green on a 1-year qualifying offer level.  Then Danny will only need to work on finding another/backup 5.

As for other options, I believe that Danny has made his call.  He is creating cap space for the 2012 off season.  The only thing he will do is to trade for top line players.  Like CP3 or Deron Williams.  BBD is not coming back on a multi-year deal.

If the new CBA is restrictive, a lot of teams will be handcuffed and with their cap space, the Celts should be well positioned.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Apparently fans like pracash, Ortiz123, Fiercest34 and a few other notables think Davis is going to sign a ONE YEAR deal just to play for the C's because they MIGHT have one more run left in them!  If you crazies were on the job market would you sign a ONE YEAR deal when you know you can get more.  One year deal and the risk of injury just doesn't make sense.  Davis stock is the highest it's been since he last signed and most likely want a 3 yr deal. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTruthsays. Show TheTruthsays's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently fans like pracash, Ortiz123, Fiercest34 and a few other notables think Davis is going to sign a ONE YEAR deal just to play for the C's because they MIGHT have one more run left in them!  If you crazies were on the job market would you sign a ONE YEAR deal when you know you can get more.  One year deal and the risk of injury just doesn't make sense.  Davis stock is the highest it's been since he last signed and most likely want a 3 yr deal. 
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

Wrong!!

Davis's stock was never higher than last year, when nobody else wanted him and we got him back.

This season, his stock fell!! He lost his game at the end of the season and all through the playoffs. He had a big  mouth. He talked trash and didnt back it up. He played like sh!t!!  He got fatter.

How you can say his stock is highest now as compared to last year is nonsense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : Wrong!! Davis's stock was never higher than last year, when nobody else wanted him and we got him back. This season, his stock fell!! He lost his game at the end of the season and all through the playoffs. He had a big  mouth. He talked trash and didnt back it up. He played like sh!t!!  He got fatter. How you can say his stock is highest now as compared to last year is nonsense.
    Posted by TheTruthsays[/QUOTE]

You tell em, Mployee8! 

Different username same "drivel". Just saying.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently fans like pracash, Ortiz123, Fiercest34 and a few other notables think Davis is going to sign a ONE YEAR deal just to play for the C's because they MIGHT have one more run left in them!  If you crazies were on the job market would you sign a ONE YEAR deal when you know you can get more.  One year deal and the risk of injury just doesn't make sense.  Davis stock is the highest it's been since he last signed and most likely want a 3 yr deal. 
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

N0, new troll.  We are saying here is a one year deal, take it or leave it.  Kind of like what the lakers did with Mike Miller.........how'd that work out?  We are all of the same opinion here, that he takes the one year deal, or he walks, and we are all cool with that!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBD wants to stay with Celtics : Wrong!! Davis's stock was never higher than last year, when nobody else wanted him and we got him back. This season, his stock fell!! He lost his game at the end of the season and all through the playoffs. He had a big  mouth. He talked trash and didnt back it up. He played like sh!t!!  He got fatter. How you can say his stock is highest now as compared to last year is nonsense.
    Posted by TheTruthsays[/QUOTE]
    Look, I'm not here to argue, but read the last sentence of my post again.
    Davis stock is the highest it's been since he last signed and most likely want a 3 yr deal. 
    He couldn't sign a new deal last year because he was already under contract.  When you are a young player going into your second contract, there is very little incentive to sign one year deal unless you anticipate that your stock is going to rise.  That is where the injury debate comes into play.     

Sections
Shortcuts