Beasley shopped hard!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Beasley shopped hard!

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard!:
    In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Maybe they won't - why would the lakers do it?  Ooops, they wouldn't!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

It doesn't make sense for Boston but does for the Lakers.
    The Lakers will need a starting sf next season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I thought it was going to be Stephen Jackson!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I thought it was going to be Stephen Jackson!!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

It still might be.
    I don't know what to think of Jackson right now.
    Is Milwaukee not playing him because he is not playing well or is he not playing well because Milwaukee is not playing him?

I have heard some say he doesn't have that much left.
    I don't watch him too often and he barely plays so I don't know if LA would even want him at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

And the Celtics still might get Nash - or Gortat - or Beasley  - or.........

I love how you continually try to prove others wrong, never admitting your own mistakes - I thought we were past that!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

And the Celtics still might get Nash - or Gortat - or Beasley  - or......... I love how you continually try to prove others wrong, never admitting your own mistakes - I thought we were past that!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Can you at least wait until 3/15 until you start looking to prove people wrong?

Yes, Boston might get those players.
    I try to see if trades are reasonable.
    Is is reasonable for Boston to get Beasley for JON and a 1st round pick? Yes.
    Is it likely? Probably not for the Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Can you at least wait until 3/15 until you start looking to prove people wrong? Yes, Boston might get those players. I try to see if trades are reasonable. Is is reasonable for Boston to get Beasley for JON and a 1st round pick? Yes. Is it likely? Probably not for the Celtics.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

I will if you will!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Yes, but I don't start threads just to mock or make fun of other teams and moves that they haven't done.

To blast the Lakers for not trading for Beasley on 2/29 is absurd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If Boston traded JON for Beasley would they keep him at $8.17m next season? That is the amount of his qualifying offer. That is a big chunk to take out of Boston salary cap for next season. If they let him walk after this year, why would Boston give up a 1st round pick for a rental who plays a position which is one of their strengths? 
    Posted by Mark from Ct

The 6.2 millon expiring contract. More money off the books in addition to Ray and KG next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : The 6.2 millon expiring contract. More money off the books in addition to Ray and KG next year.
    Posted by tompenny

If Boston has no plans to keep Beasley past this year, why would they give up a 1st round pick for him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Yes, but I don't start threads just to mock or make fun of other teams and moves that they haven't done. To blast the Lakers for not trading for Beasley on 2/29 is absurd.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Beasley IS being shopped hard!!  He WAS offered to the lakers and the lakers DID turn down the deal for luxury tax purposes!!!  How is that making fun of another team??  It IS a Celtics forum, after all!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Beasley IS being shopped hard!!  He WAS offered to the lakers and the lakers DID turn down the deal for luxury tax purposes!!!  How is that making fun of another team??  It IS a Celtics forum, after all!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

If you want me to live by a different standard on this Celtics Forum, then I will continue to do so.

LA turned them down as of 2/29. It makes no sense for LA to take Minnesota's first offer. They turned them down fitst because they need a pg more then a small forward. To give up the TPE and 1st round pick before getting a pg is shortsighted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : If Boston has no plans to keep Beasley past this year, why would they give up a 1st round pick for him?
    Posted by Mark from Ct

He's making 6.2 so what makes it automatic that they don't keep him? In today's NBA that is a bargain if he gets his head right.  The point is that if they don't want him they have another 6.2 off the books.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Red/Russ ... Beasley was in the Lakers plans until their cap saving deal for Paul fell through. Had they saved that cap space Beasley would already be a Laker. Now they can't do it as the added $ go right to their salary and luxury tax calculation at the end of this season. The C's can afford him and should get him.
    Posted by Mployee8

I agree

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Can you at least wait until 3/15 until you start looking to prove people wrong? Yes, Boston might get those players. I try to see if trades are reasonable. Is is reasonable for Boston to get Beasley for JON and a 1st round pick? Yes. Is it likely? Probably not for the Celtics.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

can you at least find a sports forum for Lakers fans where you might be welcome since you obviously are not welcome here?

you keep getting banned OVER and OVER... even if 'mark from CT' has been polite and not breaking any rules (yet)... he still represents the same loser that has been kicked out and has such a boring life he actually find fullfullment and a purpose in being a troll on a website

yuck

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Beasley should go to the Celtics cause if he joined the Lakers he'd just warm the pine. In Boston, he'd be a superstar.

Join Boston!

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Red/Russ ... Beasley was in the Lakers plans until their cap saving deal for Paul fell through. Had they saved that cap space Beasley would already be a Laker. Now they can't do it as the added $ go right to their salary and luxury tax calculation at the end of this season. The C's can afford him and should get him.
    Posted by Mployee8

Who did the Lakers sign with their "Cap Space"?
    They signed McRoberts with the Mini MLE and Murphy with the Veterans Minimum.
    Those two small signings are not holding up LA from signing other players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : can you at least find a sports forum for Lakers fans where you might be welcome since you obviously are not welcome here? you keep getting banned OVER and OVER... even if 'mark from CT' has been polite and not breaking any rules (yet)... he still represents the same loser that has been kicked out and has such a boring life he actually find fullfullment and a purpose in being a troll on a website yuck
    Posted by rameakap

You can continue to be a hater as usual.
    It doesn't bother me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Who did the Lakers sign with their "Cap Space"? They signed McRoberts with the Mini MLE and Murphy with the Veterans Minimum. Those two small signings are not holding up LA from signing other players.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

That is not what he said......he said the Paul deal fell through  - and if it had NOT fallen through, they would have saved cap space (trade of Odom and Gasol), which they then would have used on Beasley.  Makes perfect sense, and it is probably accurate!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Beasley should go to the Celtics cause if he joined the Lakers he'd just warm the pine. In Boston, he'd be a superstar. Join Boston!
    Posted by Elven 32

You clearly know nothing about basketball, Tayshawn.

Beasley would play over Artest, Barnes and Ebanks.......he would come off the bench in BOS!!

What a buffoon!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : That is not what he said......he said the Paul deal fell through  - and if it had NOT fallen through, they would have saved cap space (trade of Odom and Gasol), which they then would have used on Beasley.  Makes perfect sense, and it is probably accurate!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I see your point but ultimately it is the same if they would have gotten Beasley back then (time of failed Chris Paul trade) or now with the Odom trade exception.

It actually saves LA money the longer they don't have to pay Beasley's salary.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : According to Chris Broussard from ESPN.com : The Lakers' front office knows Kobe Bryant is looking for it to improve the roster, and GM Mitch Kupchak has been working the phones. He's spoken to Minnesota about Michael Beasley, and sources say the Lakers are intrigued by the Timberwolves' small forward. T he Lakers were actually in discussions with Minnesota about a potential trade for Beasley before the season started. If they would have been able to pull off the deal for Chris Paul, there is a good chance that a trade for Beasley would have followed. It's not clear what the Lakers would give Minnesota for Beasley (if indeed the talks get that far), but the Lakers could absorb Beasley into their $8.9 million trade exception while giving up a draft pick or cash.
    Posted by Mployee8

I am familiar with this, but I don't see how you feel LA used up their cap space?
    They have Odom's TPE to trade for Beasley if they want to.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

LA has not had "Cap Space" in years.
    They won't be under the Cap until Kobe's contract is over.

Sections
Shortcuts