Beasley shopped hard!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Beasley shopped hard!

In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : I am familiar with this, but I don't see how you feel LA used up their cap space? They have Odom's TPE to trade for Beasley if they want to.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that mean they can absorb a salary?  It still would count against the lux tax, wouldn't it?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

Any chance of Beasley for Jermaine - similar salaries.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Doesn't that mean they can absorb a salary?  It still would count against the lux tax, wouldn't it?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Luxury Tax is not the same as Cap Space.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Yup ... but Minny wants a pick too and I say they get exactly what they paid for him ... a second round pick .... Be happy to acquire Beasley for JON & a 2nd!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Would Boston keep Beasley past this season?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : I think that depends upon how well he integrated into team concept and chemistry. They'd have the ability to use the TO or do a S&T for another player so it's a worthy gamble for the C's.

Good point about the S&T.
    It worked out very well doing that with BBD.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Luxury Tax is not the same as Cap Space.

Doesn't really answer my question - which is - if they use the TPE on Beasley, does his salary still count toward the lux tax?

Anyone?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Doesn't really answer my question - which is - if they use the TPE on Beasley, does his salary still count toward the lux tax? Anyone?

Yes, Beasley's $6.2m salary counts toward the Lakers luxury tax.
    So, if LA traded their TPE and a 1st round pick for him right now, LA's cost this season for Beasley would be:
    SALARY: $2,367,473 (31 games @ $73,370.09 per game)
    LUXURY TAX: $5,040,426 (66 games @73,370.09 per game)
    TOTAL: $7,407,899

The luxury tax is reduced as are salaries due to the shortened season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Beasley should go to the Celtics cause if he joined the Lakers he'd just warm the pine. In Boston, he'd be a superstar. Join Boston!
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

If he becomes a superstar, its because of the elite coaching skills of Doc..
    and the veteran leadership, and team environment. Alien to LA..I know..
    Thanks for you stamp of approval...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In this thread it was detailed how LA did not want to give up a 1st round pick for Michael Beasley.

Apparantely, L.A has declined the Cavs offer of Ramon Sessions for one of LA's 2 first round draft picks.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-lakers-doesnt-want-to-concede-draft-pick-for-ramon-sessions-20120302,0,6685086.story?track=rss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In this thread it was detailed how LA did not want to give up a 1st round pick for Michael Beasley. Apparantely, L.A has declined the Cavs offer of Ramon Sessions for one of LA's 2 first round draft picks. http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-lakers-doesnt-want-to-concede-draft-pick-for-ramon-sessions-20120302,0,6685086.story?track=rss

Does that mean they are giving up?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Does that mean they are giving up?

No. It's still early.
    They legitimately might feel that he is not worth a 1st round pick.
    They also might feel that there aren't many other teams looking to trade for Sessions. Would Cleveland take (2) 2nd round picks a week from now?

LA would still rather have Calderon or Lowry but chances of that happening isn't great.

I wouldn't be surprised if very few trades were not completed until 3/12 or later.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beasley shopped hard! : Nope ... Toronto wants cap relief only ... no mano y mano baby!

There are ways around this that could work for both teams if Toronto doesn't want to take back salary. I think they mean Toronto doesn't want to take back salary past this season. To not take back any salary would mean Toronto would have to trade Calderon to Indiana who is way under the Cap. That is not happening. I don't think any team has a Traded Player Exception that could take on Calderon's salary.
    Here is one way LA can trade for Calderon and have Toronto take back no salary from the time of the trade:

LA trades $8.1m of their TPE to Atlanta for Kirk Hinrich.
    This would give Atlanta an $8.1m Traded Player Exception and would save them $5.5m this season. ($2.96m + $2.54m in luxury tax). Also, Atlanta would now be under the Luxury Tax line.

LA would then trade Hinrich, a 1st round draft pick and $2.96m cash (balance of Hinrich's salary) to Toronto for Calderon. Toronto would not take back salary and get the 1st round pick that they want.