Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz!

when West comes back everything will come together..Nate wont have to have the ball in his hands anymore and can be a focused scorer..and you already know west can score. plus baby and shaq. wen healthy and intact, this bench is going to be really good.

remember, these Celtics blow games like this routinely..they did it last season as well. in saying that, they are doing a much better job this year than last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Stuff Happens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Anytime we lose a game, you blame the bench. According to your post, we need a bona-fide scorer from the bench. But how about having consistent bona-fide scorers from the starting line-up? I think that would solve our problem. The starters are paid multi-millions to shoulder the team's responsibilities. The bench salary is peanuts compared to the starters. So they should all produce accordingly. Stop blaming the bench, please. 

Time Will Only Tell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

You lose some, called being human, no robots playing the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz!:
    [QUOTE]You lose some, called being human, no robots playing the game.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Even the Spurs lost a game last night. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]Anytime we lose a game, you blame the bench. According to your post, we need a bona-fide scorer from the bench. But how about having consistent bona-fide scorers from the starting line-up? I think that would solve our problem. The starters are paid multi-millions to shoulder the team's responsibilities. The bench salary is peanuts compared to the starters. So they should all produce accordingly. Stop blaming the bench, please.                                        Time Will Only Tell
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Pierce and Allen had bad scoring games.  If they didn't the "we need a scorer off the bench" thing would be a complete non issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

11 4th quarter points.  The whole team had a bad scoring 2nd half.  It was so bad it looked like they were shooting at a trick basket that was rigged.  They just couldn't buy a bucket for the life of 'em.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Anytime we lose a game, you blame the bench. According to your post, we need a bona-fide scorer from the bench. But how about having consistent bona-fide scorers from the starting line-up? I think that would solve our problem. The starters are paid multi-millions to shoulder the team's responsibilities. The bench salary is peanuts compared to the starters. So they should all produce accordingly. Stop blaming the bench, please.                                        Time Will Only Tell
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Um, the starters were blowing them out.  The bench loses leads and makes the starters play longer and harder. Do you expect the starters to play every game ALL GAME!

I just wish some would stop giving this bench so much credit when they're an average bench.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If wall hadnt' bangged in that three off the glass, this would be just another game where we paced ourselves to a tight road win over a poor team.

Yes, I had to intentionally misspell bangged.  crazy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz!:
    [QUOTE]I'm still stunned that we lost that game. Friday the bench played well and the starters got rest. Then Sat no one looks like they wanted to play. Went to the game and I watched Doc from the 2nd quarter on and he was disgusted. He had his head in his hands, folded arms, not coaching. He looked like he had just given up. Something was wrong last night. Rondo was a very RELUCTANT shooter, the refs wouldn't let PP play, Nate stunk, RA didn't get enough shots but played excellent defense on Young. The only guys who came to play were KG and BBD. This team is going to look back over this season and wonder how they lost some of these games if they don't have homecourt. We need something off the bench quick and in a hurry. If we had a bonafide scorer off the bench that game is over when we go up by 14 points in the first half. Danny find us a bonafide scorer please!! West and Perk will bring good intangibles but this bench needs to put the ball in the basket...buckets!!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

As I have been saying for weeks,  we need a backup pg.  That is it.  You put Rondo with those guys and they would score. The bench is fine when we have all our players. The only thing we don't have is a backup PG. West will help but he is not a PG.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : As I have been saying for weeks,  we need a backup pg.  That is it.  You put Rondo with those guys and they would score. The bench is fine when we have all our players. The only thing we don't have is a backup PG. West will help but he is not a PG.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Funny how the refs would "not allow Pierce to play" when the entire crowd was booing the refs about their treatment of the home team.

My guess is that with D West they have about 5 fewer losses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm not following dudder.  Are you saying the home crown intimidated the officials?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not following dudder.  Are you saying the home crown intimidated the officials?
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

No that is not what I am saying at all... what I am saying is that the home crowd thought the refs were doing an horrendous job (which was evident by the constant booing) but somehow a homer-idiot poster thinks that "Pierce was not allowed to play".... the "Pierce was not allowed to play" was a quote from another post......

Every night we hear from Tommy how bad the refs are but there were almost no plays that were not booed by the Wiz's crowd but somehow some idiot on this board thinks that "Pierce was not allowed to play", i.e - absolutely no objectivity as to what was actually happening in the game.....  15000 sitting there watching and booing the refs about how the calls were going the wrong way and there is someone in Boston that can somehow deduce from that and the replay that "Pierce was not allowed to play"..... 

There are any number of nights where players are "not allowed to play", it is called a better player or a very good defensive player.

Whenever a Celtics player has an off night - they either have an off night or the refs had it out for them, the idea that a player is a good defender and or even a better player is not even a remote possibility.

When LeBron has 45 against Pierce it is the refs and when Pierce has 40 against Mo Pete it is because Pierce is the greatest ever but if Pierce has an off night against Gerald Wallace it is because Pierce had an off night or because the refs had it in for Pierce.  So the fact that Wallace is an all-star and really gives Pierce a hard time, it cannot possibly be that - it is the refs fault or Pierce had an off night.

I apologize if I was not clear in my thoughts and writings and I hope this clarifies what I was trying to say.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Reports are that the C's had faint interest in Peja.

I keep telling you guys we need scoring off the bench. I think Ainge is quietly searching for that punch off the bench besides BBD.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz!:
    [QUOTE]I'm still stunned that we lost that game. Friday the bench played well and the starters got rest. Then Sat no one looks like they wanted to play. Went to the game and I watched Doc from the 2nd quarter on and he was disgusted. He had his head in his hands, folded arms, not coaching. He looked like he had just given up. Something was wrong last night. Rondo was a very RELUCTANT shooter, the refs wouldn't let PP play, Nate stunk, RA didn't get enough shots but played excellent defense on Young. The only guys who came to play were KG and BBD. This team is going to look back over this season and wonder how they lost some of these games if they don't have homecourt. We need something off the bench quick and in a hurry. If we had a bonafide scorer off the bench that game is over when we go up by 14 points in the first half. Danny find us a bonafide scorer please!! West and Perk will bring good intangibles but this bench needs to put the ball in the basket...buckets!!

Stunned?????

In the next couple of years would you rather have McGee - Blatche - Wall or anyone on the entire Celtics roster?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : Stunned????? In the next couple of years would you rather have McGee - Blatche - Wall or anyone on the entire Celtics roster?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand the question.

McGee is too raw and has a lot of work to do on his game.
    Wall is a keeper but probably won't resign in Wash when his contract is up.
    Blatche is pretty good but he doesn't play hard all the time and is out of shape,soft.

So if you're saying the Wiz have a good young nucleus? Maybe but I would rather stay the course and get some cap room in a few years to get better players than those guys you mentioned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : I'm not sure I understand the question. McGee is too raw and has a lot of work to do on his game. Wall is a keeper but probably won't resign in Wash when his contract is up. Blatche is pretty good but he doesn't play hard all the time and is out of shape,soft. So if you're saying the Wiz have a good young nucleus? Maybe but I would rather stay the course and get some cap room in a few years to get better players than those guys you mentioned.

What I am saying is that in terms of young talent all three of them have more talent in their left pinky finger than any one on the entire Cs roster after the BIG 3 go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : What I am saying is that in terms of young talent all three of them have more talent in their left pinky finger than any one on the entire Cs roster after the BIG 3 go.

Hmmm, maybe! I would bet YOUR house on it...not mine. :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : Hmmm, maybe! I would bet YOUR house on it...not mine. :-)

I guess pretty typical..... when the Cs lose to the Wiz it is because it is an off night, a back to back, etc., it cannot possibly be the other team is talented.

Give me McGee for Perk, Blatche for Davis, and Wall for Rondo and I really like my future.........  which house?  primary residence or vacation or kids house?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : Funny how the refs would "not allow Pierce to play" when the entire crowd was booing the refs about their treatment of the home team. My guess is that with D West they have about 5 fewer losses.

Please show me where I said that "Pierce was not allowed to play"  Making up stuff again?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : I guess pretty typical..... when the Cs lose to the Wiz it is because it is an off night, a back to back, etc., it cannot possibly be the other team is talented. Give me McGee for Perk, Blatche for Davis, and Wall for Rondo and I really like my future.........  which house?  primary residence or vacation or kids house?

If you don't think the Wiz won because the C's didn't play well I have a bridge i need to sell you.  You are slowing leaving the time zone. Mentally

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : Please show me where I said that "Pierce was not allowed to play"  Making up stuff again?

I didn't say you did, go back and read the thread where someone said that Pierce was not allowed to play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beat Jazz easily, lose to Wiz! : If you don't think the Wiz won because the C's didn't play well I have a bridge i need to sell you.  You are slowing leaving the time zone. Mentally

Try to imagine this:  The Boston Celtics are not the Harlem Globetrotters, they do not play the Washington Generals every night.  There are actual NBA teams with actual players and coaches and often times the other players are better than some of the players than the Celtics put on the floor.

There is an entire mentality which you quite often display that goes something like this:  when the Celtics win it is because of the Celtics, if the Celtics lose it can only be something the Celtics did internally or the refs caused them to lose.

With your mentality there is never any reason other than something than what the Celtics have done or something the refs have done that could possible have cause the loss.

So ignoring the teams that played Saturday - the last time they played, team A had its entire starting 5 which included their center and Team B was missing their point guard - who by all accounts is the best rookie point guard to come along since Chris Paul.  Team A won by about 30 points.  The next time the two teams played Team A was missing their starting center and Team B had their point guard.  Team B won and not so coincidentally Team B's point guard was named the player of the game and hit the game winning shot.

So somehow in your little tiny tiny tiny mind the way to reduce it to something that fits your ego and perspective is that Team A did not play well.

The idea that Team B had really good match ups and this time had their best player on the floor may have made a difference......

Nope.... just Team A "didn't play well"........

What I guess I can deduce from this is that when your team loses it is because:

- the refs caused the loss
    - they didn't play well.....

and certainly not because the last time they played the other team was missing its best player and this time your team was missing one of its most important players.......

I guess I have it now......... I think we call that homerism.......  that is the mindset and mentality where the concept of OBJECTIVITY very simply does not exist.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Again are you saying the Wiz are better than the Celtics that played Saturday?  If you are call this number 1-800-IDIOT  

If those exact two teams played again tonight who would you bet on?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Think about going to your job. Being human you can't perform to the same level every day. You have OFF days due to various reasons. The Wiz are obviously talented, they are NBA players. The Celtics are more talented. The Celtics had a off night and lost the game.

Sections
Shortcuts