Line ups

C Bosh      --------Kg/Bass/Wilcox

Haslem      --------Bass/Green

LJ              -------- Green/Pierce

Wade--       -------- Lee/AB

Chalmers--  ------ AB

RA –         --------Lee/T Will

Hope to see Doc mix it up defensively to keep them off balance

If Kg plays/ attack the middle aggressively/contain Bosh/Otherwise Wilcox/Bass

Must make the extra pass on offense as they like to play a gambling

Defense and create lots of turnovers.

Continue to spread the wealth around offensively and team rebound

Ffastbreak when its there, but must play our tempo or else we are in trouble.

Must keep turn overs to a minimum if we expect to compete

My concern is AB handling the ball..may have PP be the point forward

Nor Hero ball, trust your team...

Need solid games from Green and JT..

Focus on limiting D Wade and Ray from getting to their comfort zones.

We can get into Wade’s head….

Not much you can do to LB other than keep him from driving the lanes and

Make him earn his pts…foul him aggressively when necessary.

Doc has his work cut out...(Need to send a message)

Thoughts..??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Beat Miami--Mission Impossible??

http://www.bballbreakdown.com/how-to-beat-the-miami-heat/ 

found this article that states when they lose it is because they don't or can't post up

as much as when they win...

Others say that the way to beat them is to make lots of three's...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://clnsradio.com/2013/03/16/boston-celtics-can-beat-the-miami-heat-avery-bradley-jeff-green/

This one says Green and Ab are the keys...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If KG can't play then yes, it's pretty much Mission Improbable....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

With KG it'd be hard enough. Without him I can't see us beating them, especially seeing we're playing in Miami. Anyway, better to take a few losses and let his injury heal properly. Without KG I don't see us win a playoff series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

With KG it'd be hard enough. Without him I can't see us beating them, especially seeing we're playing in Miami. Anyway, better to take a few losses and let his injury heal properly. Without KG I don't see us win a playoff series.

Game is in Boston tonight, not Miami.  I still think it will be difficult for us to win this game without KG. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They won't beat Miami, but they won't lose by the 11 pts that Miami has been averaging in their wins in this span.

Miami by 7 or 8.   And even if it's close down the stretch, watch LeBron get to the foul line about 22 times today...more than the C's will shoot as a team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If the Celtics shoot well and play aggressive defense, any team can outperform for one game.  Wins like this happen more than you think.  Not saying it will happen, just that it can.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If the Celtics shoot well and play aggressive defense, any team can outperform for one game.  Wins like this happen more than you think.  Not saying it will happen, just that it can.

I just hope there aren't any horrible calls against us. The Heat get more than their share of the 50/50 calls ,, I would say its more like 80/20 for the Heat.  We always seem to have a questionable call against us in close games.   I could be looking thru my green glasses though. I just remember so many times that PP has drew a obvious charge on Lebron and they always call a blocking foul.  Just to name one.  I just hope its officiated without either team getting calls.  That would be a win for us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Simply put I think we have to shoot the ball well.  Paul and Terry cannot have those stupid turnovers that give the Heat two points.  Avery has to not only play defense well, stay out of foul trouble, but not force his jumpers.  Shoot the open ones.  

We have to keep them out of the paint for driving layups and ,stick with the outside 3 pter during that time.  We collapsed the lane last game on Lebron and thats the main reason we controlled him.  Green played him well but he was just part of the defense.  He did still score 30 on us. 

Last but not least is we have to make Wade and Lebron outside shooters,  then we have a good chance.

I think we play a good game whether KG plays or not.  We have played two pretty good games with KG.  Of course they were not good teams but we blew one out on the road and beat another that had just beat the heck out of us.

As bad as I hate the Heat and the Lakers,  if the C's lose,  I hope the Heat end up knocking the Lakers winning streak down.  Just to get rid of a Laker record.  Hopefully though we are the ones to stop their streak.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

I just hope there aren't any horrible calls against us. The Heat get more than their share of the 50/50 calls ,, I would say its more like 80/20 for the Heat.  We always seem to have a questionable call against us in close games.   I could be looking thru my green glasses though. I just remember so many times that PP has drew a obvious charge on Lebron and they always call a blocking foul.  Just to name one.  I just hope its officiated without either team getting calls.  That would be a win for us.

I thought of the same thing. If the league wants this streak, coupled with all the calls the Heat get when not on a streak it could near impossible to win.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

If Garnett were playing in this game, I think the Celtics would win because they get extra motivated for these types of matchups and they play the Heat tough regardless. Without Garnett, I just don't think the Celtics have the depth to hang with them. DJ White and Shavlik Randolph don't exactly inspire fear.

That being said, I see Paul Pierce going off for something like 35+ points tonight in a monster performance. It just won't be quite enough to beat the Heat. The Celtics will come tantalizingly close despite an injury-depleted roster: Miami 92, Boston 87.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

My gut says they can pull it off. With each win, Miami's probability of losing increases. And while  the Heat is clearly better, the C's are 7-5 against them over the last two years (counting playoffs). So, yeah, it's certainly possible. Though without KG, it becomes a lot tougher.

Actually, that feeling in my gut might be gas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I believe we can win even with Garnet out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If we are without Kg and Rondo..then lets hope they take the win for granted..

and we sabotage their little streak...POW!

If Kg plays, is he really 100%??  

I say, if he is NOT 100%, don't let him play...

Not workth it...

Live to fight another day...ergo...playoffs...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Hate to say it, but Ray is still a weapon in the fourth quarter...he made a few against Toronto that turned a close game around...they are a three and half headed monster...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

For me the most important is:

Can someone else besides KG guard Bosh on the perimeter. Bosh has really fallen in love with his jump shoot and playing far away from the paint aletly. His rebound numbers in the last month' are beyond awfull. If Green, Bass and one of the chinese guys can guard Bosh we have an advantage in the paint with KG (in the post season). Bosh forcing KG out of the paint was a big reason for Miami last seson to steal the series in 7.

Second Important:

Who is putting pressure on the guy who is bringing the ball up? If it is Wade --> AB? If it is Chalmers --> Lee and AB on Wade or the other way around? If it James --> Green or PP or will we let them come across halfcourt without putting pressure on the ball handler?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

If Garnett were playing in this game, I think the Celtics would win because they get extra motivated for these types of matchups and they play the Heat tough regardless. Without Garnett, I just don't think the Celtics have the depth to hang with them. DJ White and Shavlik Randolph don't exactly inspire fear.

That being said, I see Paul Pierce going off for something like 35+ points tonight in a monster performance. It just won't be quite enough to beat the Heat. The Celtics will come tantalizingly close despite an injury-depleted roster: Miami 92, Boston 87.

we don't need ...dj or shavy...to "inspire fear"

we only need the FAN BASE aroud the HEAT

bench to "INSPIRE FEAR" in hearts , minds

and KNEES of the SOUTHBEACH TERRORIST....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gviEcQCOA&feature=player_embedded

I hope we see more of this...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Yes.

Kudos to Bass for picking up his game recently, though. He looks like an actual professional basketball player these days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

The block, yes. The Rondo, no.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

One half to go..keep it up Celts!!!!

You know the Heat are not going to fold...

Sections
Shortcuts