Becoming convinced we have to move Jeff Green...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Becoming convinced we have to move Jeff Green...

He just does not fit.

Brandon Bass is the better Small forward/ Power forward.

Courtney Lee is better at small forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Becoming convinced we have to move Jeff Green...

...the reason you think Bass is better is because he goes "bang" inside while Jeff just willing to shoot outside. Bass is the only one that bang inside.....no one else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I would like to trade Jeff to Minne for Stiemsma, Cunningham and Barea.

We should start seeing how good Joseph is on defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Green for Millsap at trade deadline......helps both teams, Millsap is a FA, Green would do well in Utah.  He could start, play 35 mins and lead the team in scoring.  Sully could start, Millsap off the bench, and move Bass in a separate deal for another SF to spell PP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I would definitely take Milsap over JG. Dude is lost here. I've seen his game on youtube and I know he's a better player than we've seen.

I just don't think we're ever going to see it. He looks lost and unsure of himself (not aggressive enough in ANY aspect of the game) under Doc Rivers. Doc recquires players to think, and some can't handle that and be good at the same time.

Plus, something he can't (or hasn't been able to) change that sucks for a small forward, NO quickness or ball handling.

I really wish we held out for Harden or did'nt trade Perk at all. And Jeff has not changed my opinion YET!

Seriously, the Spurs Danny Green would give us what Jeff is giving us. Maybe more.

Stephen Jackson and Danny Green for Sullinger,Melo and Jeff Green.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4wctPauxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIpsFxz2Io&feature=related

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He just does not fit.

Brandon Bass is the better Small forward/ Power forward.

Courtney Lee is better at small forward.

[/QUOTE]

Lee is a better SF???   Ok, I dont know where u got that. Dude is 6'4" and never played SF

As for J.G. , here is my assesment so far. He is the most athletic guy we have and has the most dynamic skillset so I hate when I see him sitting outside of kick out shots. Thats not his game, and that only works for guys like Allen who are used to it. The way they use him is puzzling. He has a nice midrange shot but its not consistent enough to take that often as he can get by his man most nights and Does do work in the paint when he is there but why no post up Opptys??  I recall one last night that drew a defensive 3 sec. call and a free throw so why not go back to it. Im not gonna write the guy off because is experimenting right now and not using him right but I know J.G. should get atleast 10-15 shots and get off that 3 pt line and in the post.  PP needs to start taking  a backseat to him if anything as he isnt the same,. He shot a horrible percentage last night and im not sure how long Green is supposed to back up PP, I think he is starter material but thats just My opinion

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

..............all I know Jeff Green is a good bait for a good banger ---- hmmmm, only if we can afford Josh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Four games is way to early to judge anyone. (Except for Darko, who when he played the other  night, camped out in the defensive paint for 4-5-6 seconds every time!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am a huge Jeff Green fan and have been since his days at Georgetown. And it is too early to make final determinations (not ready to trade him). But I CAN comment on what we're seeing. He looks like he looked during the 26 games right after the trade.

DaCeltics is right - he doesn't seem to "fit" right now! He looks timid and unsure of himself both offensively and defensively. He's not playing with confidence.  He looked so fluid during the preseason that Tommy was calling him James Worthy. He appears to really not know what to do when he has the ball.

Fortunately, we've only had 4 games but I would have expected him to come out much better after a stellar preseason and build on that. He seems to have resorted to the mediocre Jeff Green. Hopefully, Doc will work him in to where he can be that X-Factor that we all thought he'd eventually be for this team.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But Fiercest34 said that Jeff Green is the second coming of "BIG GAME" James Worthy?

ROTFLMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

Well in fariness Bloopity, He has the talent to do so. Right now though he looks as interested in basketall as the Lakers do. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But Fiercest34 said that Jeff Green is the second coming of "BIG GAME" James Worthy?

ROTFLMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

Well in fariness Bloopity, He has the talent to do so. Right now though he looks as interested in basketall as the Lakers do. 

[/QUOTE]

Have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement. If he were that talented then I am pretty sure Celtics fans would not be talking about trading him this early on in a season.

[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the respect bloopity, but Celtics fans have such high standards as the team with the most world titles.  That is why they are rough on Green. They don't accept play that is in the category of an Antawn Jamison (42.9 percent shooting) or starting mascot Metta World Peace (39.1 percent shooting)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement. If he were that talented then I am pretty sure Celtics fans would not be talking about trading him this early on in a season.

[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the respect bloopity, but Celtics fans have such high standards as the team with the most world titles.  That is why they are rough on Green. They don't accept play that is in the category of an Antawn Jamison (42.9 percent shooting) or starting mascot Metta World Peace (39.1 percent shooting)

[/QUOTE]

Really, because in 2007 when the Celtics won a mere 24 games, I didn't see Celtic fans talking about trading Paul Pierce.

Just sayin'

[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain bloopity knowing Pierce stayed and torched and humilated the Lakers in 51/2 games. It took the Lakers 7 of course to beat the injured and mighty Celtics. That would bother me if I were a Laker fan.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not ready to give up on Green yet, but.....he could be the perimeter scorer a team like Utah needs at the deadline.  They are loaded up front, and may want to part with Jefferson or Millsao (they will probably keep Favors and Kanter)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Doc on Green:

"The question for Jeff, is he a guy that can consistently give you 20 points a night, or 18 points a night? It's in him, as far as what we see, ability-wise. But, you have to have the ability and the mental, and that's what we'll find out, if the other part's in him." 

Seems like a 9 million dollar gamble.

I don't know if I like those odds.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not ready to give up on Green yet, but.....he could be the perimeter scorer a team like Utah needs at the deadline.  They are loaded up front, and may want to part with Jefferson or Millsao (they will probably keep Favors and Kanter)

[/QUOTE]

You have to look at Brandon Bass as basically a poor man's Milsap. Bass had 12 and 8 last night and that is what Milsap has produced over his career. I don't see the need for Milsap on our team, especially when he's more expensive than Bass and has an expiring contract and will be looking to be paid more.

Al Jefferson, on the other hand, maybe could help. Maybe Big Al could help fill the hole when KG sits. Can you imagine either KG or AJ on the floor for the entire game, and BOTH of them finishing the game? I would surely give up Bass 6M and Green 9M for Big Al 15M. But that isn't happening. 

OUR TEAM IS GOOD and WILL BE GREAT!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The Celtics needs a type of player like POWE & BABY WHO HAZZLE INSIDE, UNTIL THEN Celtics is just a regular NBA team. They will win here and there through perimeter shooting but when it comes to push and shove, they have nothing. Take my word!

They need to trade someone for a player who can play inside. After all, the bull fight happened in the bullring. No bull fight no ring.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Green can't play, he stinks. But: he's also not worth a bag of ballz right now. 

The Celts have no choice but to play him and see if he can get better. 

Green is overpaid and there's no way any team wants him right now, don't delude yourself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The Celtics needs a type of player like POWE & BABY WHO HAZZLE INSIDE

Agreed. 

But: you're thinking of Powe four years ago. He's done now. Baby gets pushed around inside all the time. He thinks he's a scorer so he hides out of the box to hit his jump shot, or miss it. That's not what we need either. On the other hand if Baby is going to put up 18 and 8 every night from now on, then maybe I will change my mind. :) 

But yeah, we need a masher.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

Green for Millsap at trade deadline......helps both teams, Millsap is a FA, Green would do well in Utah.  He could start, play 35 mins and lead the team in scoring.  Sully could start, Millsap off the bench, and move Bass in a separate deal for another SF to spell PP.

[/QUOTE]

I love Millsap...he could be our answer for post pp era...great inside outside game...something JG has not mastered just yet...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jefferson/Millsap is a great trade if we can get it...at the right price..