Becoming convinced we have to move Jeff Green...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Becoming convinced we have to move Jeff Green...

I want to see more of the line up Wicox,JG,Bass, Barbosa, Rondo on the break..that is speed!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Without Jeff Green, only PP and Kris Joseph are the SFs on the roster.

No way is Kris Joseph ready to defend Lebron or Carmelo in the playoffs.

The Celts need Jeff Green to play well.

Give Green until January. 

Agree

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Green is just not that good - I've been saying it since the trade.

I have no idea why Ainge is obsessed with Green.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and our bench is only going to get better...I don't think we have seen how good they will be mid December..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Not ready to give up on Green yet, but.....he could be the perimeter scorer a team like Utah needs at the deadline.  They are loaded up front, and may want to part with Jefferson or Millsao (they will probably keep Favors and Kanter)

Jefferson/Millsap is a great trade if we can get it...at the right price..

We all saw what the Jazz did to the Lakers. And the Jazz are a playoff team, no way they're going to trade their starting frontcourt.

Although I believe the Jazz will be in the playoffs- a 2-3 team w/ no wins on the road is no lock for the playoffs. One of the 2 will be gone by deadline. One big too many. It is written. Right here that is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

you guys really have to be kidding me.  jeff green's contract is a poison pill just like eddy curry's was to NY.  WHO wants a 6-9 guy who plays like a 6-4 guy and is softer than fresh baby crud on the inside- 2 rebs a game this year.

danny made another disastrous judgement- totally unforced.  look at how much wilcox is making coming off of the ticker surgery- 1.X million.  not 36 million guaranteed or i don't even care if it's only 30 million guarantteed

there are NO GUARANTEES with coming off of heart surgery.  a simple ONE YEAR contract is what green deserved.  NOBODY ELSE was lining up trying to buy him out from under us- or they would have taken him after danny opened his yapper and said "36 million" and then the MONTHS between that and the actual signing. 

stupid stupid stupid.  green is not going anywhere unless we gift (our only chance to get ahead) a TON of future unguarded first round picks.  even then- the demand for 6-9 guys who play like 6-4 and 6-5 guys is running low.  charlie villanueva is 6-11 and plays like he's 6-6- got a big contract from DET and now rides pine. 

just get over it- this was a massive mistake.  the best you can hope from out of it is the same 9 and 3 that green gave us last year in the same amount of minutes.  it's not going to get better than that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"The Celtics needs a type of player like POWE & BABY WHO HAZZLE INSIDE

Agreed. 

But: you're thinking of Powe four years ago. He's done now. Baby gets pushed around inside all the time. He thinks he's a scorer so he hides out of the box to hit his jump shot, or miss it. That's not what we need either. On the other hand if Baby is going to put up 18 and 8 every night from now on, then maybe I will change my mind. :) 

But yeah, we need a masher.

I'm only suggesting a type of player like Baby & Powe. I know Powe is gone and baby...who know where he is.
    As I said, to fix the mediocrity Danny has to do subtraction and addition. Jeff is a good bait...excellent bait. He can find a real banger......say like Josh Smith??? 

Mid season, things will open up for some good trades. As of now, Lebron and company will eat them up ---easy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Doc on Green:

"The question for Jeff, is he a guy that can consistently give you 20 points a night, or 18 points a night? It's in him, as far as what we see, ability-wise. But, you have to have the ability and the mental, and that's what we'll find out, if the other part's in him." 

Seems like a 9 million dollar gamble.

I don't know if I like those odds.

If Green wasn't earning so much, we wouldn't have a problem with him.  He needs to start earning what he is being paid.  It is still too early to give up on him, but he has to improve significantly to really help this team.  Did Danny really need to sign him to his current salary?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

But Fiercest34 said that Jeff Green is the second coming of "BIG GAME" James Worthy?

ROTFLMAO!!!

Well in fariness Bloopity, He has the talent to do so. Right now though he looks as interested in basketall as the Lakers do. 

Have to respectfully disagree with you on that statement. If he were that talented then I am pretty sure Celtics fans would not be talking about trading him this early on in a season.

I appreciate the respect bloopity, but Celtics fans have such high standards as the team with the most world titles.  That is why they are rough on Green. They don't accept play that is in the category of an Antawn Jamison (42.9 percent shooting) or starting mascot Metta World Peace (39.1 percent shooting)

Really, because in 2007 when the Celtics won a mere 24 games, I didn't see Celtic fans talking about trading Paul Pierce.

Just sayin'

U obviously wasn't around here and don't  know squat about it then do you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Without Jeff Green, only PP and Kris Joseph are the SFs on the roster.

No way is Kris Joseph ready to defend Lebron or Carmelo in the playoffs.

The Celts need Jeff Green to play well.

Give Green until January. 

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Thank goodness there are no coaches and GMs for the Celtics here.  4 games and we make trades!   Other than Rondo, KG, and Paul - all of these new pieces need work.   Give 'em some time, fans.  They are playing terribly inconsistent right now, but they have to have some time to work it out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank goodness there are no coaches and GMs for the Celtics here.  4 games and we make trades!  

+10

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Thank goodness there are no coaches and GMs for the Celtics here.  4 games and we make trades!   Other than Rondo, KG, and Paul - all of these new pieces need work.   Give 'em some time, fans.  They are playing terribly inconsistent right now, but they have to have some time to work it out.

well, this ain't college ball players ... team paid them gazillions and the cost of going to the game is pricey .... you can't get two things at the same time.....of course fans deserve better on the product they are buying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

well, this ain't college ball players ... team paid them gazillions and the cost of going to the game is pricey .... you can't get two things at the same time.....of course fans deserve better on the product they are buying.

Fans get to have any opinion they want.  Mine is that players take time to gel.  If it wasn't like that, the Heat would have played well their first few months together, the Nets would be killing people right now, the Knicks would have looked better last year when they brought people together for the first time, the Lakers would not be 1 and 4.    No matter what team it is, its early in the season.

True - Green and others like Lee and Terry look lost.  That's what a new team looks like.   I hope they come around but if they don't by all January or Feb, you look at moving them.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Fans get to have any opinion they want.  Mine is that players take time to gel.  If it wasn't like that, the Heat would have played well their first few months together, the Nets would be killing people right now, the Knicks would have looked better last year when they brought people together for the first time, the Lakers would not be 1 and 4.    No matter what team it is, its early in the season.

True - Green and others like Lee and Terry look lost.  That's what a new team looks like.   I hope they come around but if they don't by all January or Feb, you look at moving them.

Cfan,

Agree 100%.  The two things I see wrong most with the C's is all our guys getting on the same page defensively,  which will come,  I am positive about that.  The other is shooting.  Guys like Terry, Lee, etc are missing shots that they are known to make pretty regular. I just believe we have to be patient, and good things will come.  If we can get by the first part of this season with a fair record,  turn it on 15-20 games into the season,  good things will follow.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Lee and Terry are used to saving themselves on defense so that they have enough energy on offense. That extra energy expenditure may be affecting their legs on the three's.

Nobody on this DEEP team should be worried about over-exerting themselves. If you get tired, there's another guy ready to take the baton and run with it.

Jeff has really rubbed me the wrong way with his trotting in transition  and his general tippy toeing around on the boards.

Watch how many times he gets back late on defense for no reason.

• Sections
    Shortcuts