BEFORE AND AFTER

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: BEFORE AND AFTER

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

It's only 4 games but a 10 pt. point differential is amazing.

Upgrade over Bass (maybe package him and Lee) and this team could be on to something...

it shows the serious ill effects of slamming the ball into the ground as the primary 'offense'- things get stale, people get upset, now suddenly we get contributions from green, terry, barbosa scoring as much as rondo did = kg and pierce not the ONLY ONES doing the lifting each night.

and even bass seems to be stirring awake.  slowly but perhaps surely

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

we are better with rondo...it's silly to think this team is better with out rondo...this team is pulling together because of the loss of rondo..so rondo is even helping from the bench if you think about it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its called a Honeymoon period. Im thrilled we are winning but what did you guys think, that we wouldnt win another game after Rondo got hurt? We are talented with or w/o Rondo, that shouldnt have ever been in question. But wen it comes to the playoffs, to consistently beating good teams? Thats where we will struggle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

We will struggle when we play 7 of 8 on the road in a few weeks.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

its called a Honeymoon period. Im thrilled we are winning but what did you guys think, that we wouldnt win another game after Rondo got hurt? We are talented with or w/o Rondo, that shouldnt have ever been in question. But wen it comes to the playoffs, to consistently beating good teams? Thats where we will struggle.

I bet it just about killed you when we won today!!  HaHaHa

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

we are better with rondo...it's silly to think this team is better with out rondo...this team is pulling together because of the loss of rondo..so rondo is even helping from the bench if you think about it.

We are better without Rondo.

Rondo is a poor defender...lazy and weak.

Lazy and weak? Kirk you don't know what you are talking about.  C'mon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I think we just have to wait and see. I have mixed feelings about Rondo, but I'm not ready to say we are "better without him." Let's see where this team is at the end of the season first...then maybe we can pass fair judgement.

Nice to see guys stepping up (JG, Jet, Lee) regardless of Rondo or no Rondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I said last month I was done defending him.  Now I will say I was wrong to have been doing so all year.  The team has been better without him.  This doesn't mean I am convinced Rondo is a bad idea as point guard for the Celts, just that he hasn't done a good job this season.  He had definitely responded to his critics regarding shooting, but his style running the offense almost buried Leee and Terry and Bass and Green.  I apologize to those guys.  And Pierce too...Pierce looks great this past week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

And obviously the on-ball D from the guards is much improved without Rondo's matador act.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

I said last month I was done defending him.  Now I will say I was wrong to have been doing so all year.  The team has been better without him.  This doesn't mean I am convinced Rondo is a bad idea as point guard for the Celts, just that he hasn't done a good job this season.  He had definitely responded to his critics regarding shooting, but his style running the offense almost buried Leee and Terry and Bass and Green.  I apologize to those guys.  And Pierce too...Pierce looks great this past week.

Good post.  Thoughtful.  

we are not necessarily better without Rondo, especially in half court tight games.  But, equally, we have to admit Rondo this year has been too controlling and hasn't adapted to the fact that he has guys who can score WITH THE BALL IN THEIR HANDS.  He has tried to turn Green, Lee, and Terry into Ray and that's not their style.  He needed to share the ball with them as they do more than catch and shoot like KG, Pierce, and Ray did.  Doc pleaded with Rondo to move the ball and he resisted...and it hurt the team.  When he comes back, I hope he trusts his teammates more and shares the ball with them.  That will make Rondo even MORE effective.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

And that's Rondo's fault ... that they were missing their shots before and he had to rely of PP, KG and himself?   Please ....

oh come on.  rondo hogging up the ball and everyone standing around for that tired old hack kneed spin the ball around the perimeter for a horrible perimeter shot schtick.  WHO can operate in that well?  substandard ball movement, lackluster pacing and that's all rondo, whether or not you can recognize it for what it was.

it's really not that hard. you see rondo developed himself a little system whereby he never let go of the ball and "cut away", he'd just stand there at the top of the key and get the ball back or worse yet never start swinging it until shot clock under 10.  what %age of the time did rondo use his quickness to drive the ball or step into freebie jumpers? 

once again, into the seventh year, nothing in that regard was the same every night- same goes for FT shooting, defensive intensity. 

a point guard is supposed to be the steady man on the squad.  rondo was only steady in making sure he never became useless in a half court set and had to go hide in the corner like in past years- made him feel uncomfortable to have been ignored by both teams as the non-threat that he was.  so the new rondo hogged the ball more than ever.

and players like terry, lee, green's games all died for it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

and if we don't?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

and if we don't?

I'll be psyched.  I am just not one for mass hysteria.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

and if we don't?

I'll be psyched.  I am just not one for mass hysteria.

Not sure how we will do but none of those 7 away games are against great teams.

Sections
Shortcuts