Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...

It's November folks. Very early in the season. Like someone posted that famous mantra--"On any given night, any NBA team can win."

The Celtics, Lakers, Heat & Orlando have a BIG TARGET on their backs by all the other opposing NBA teams. Every time they play, it's the opposing team's championship.

But HOME COURT ADVANTAGE IS CRITICAL. Without it, I don't believe my Lakers would have won the title this past season. Had the Lakers had homecourt in 2008 anything could have happened. 

Matt Barnes was sizzling tonight!

The  Laker Troll!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

That's very true, finals are not won in November.

However, they can still be lost in November.

I've said it before that the Lakers test will come in February, I think it's our toughest month. After February I may have some idea about how we're travelling this season.

The NBA season is so long that it's impossible to tell much from this early stage. Only safe bet is picking the truly bad teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Of course Matt Barnes will sizzle, he's playing against the Wolves.

HAHAHA!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's November and the Lakers have yet to play the Jazz, Spurs, Mavs, or Hornets. 

Almost forgot, the Lakers went to Denver and got raped by JR Smith and the Nuggets.Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

All teams have off nights. This just happened to be a really bad one on our home court. No sense in speculating on what could have been. Let's move on to the next game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the Lakers can lose to FC Barcelona the Celtics can surely lose to OKC. Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

The Thunder came in with the worst 3 pt shooting percentage.....so they get hot and hit 6-9 (66%) including a couple of bank shots, one at the buzzer....the team was on fire....especially Westbrook..Celts took the night off.....on a positive note....how about Rondo's thunderous put back? ...nice....BUT....the Celts also missed free throws....yesterday I complimented Erden on his 87%....close game and he misses 2 in a row.....I think it was just one of those nights on both sides of the ball....a loss is a loss.....but we have had a chance to win in all three of our losses..... right down to the last minute....the team can still win 60 if their heads are into the game...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

3 losses every month would mean a 60-win season. So far the Cs only have 2 losses in November. Getting 60 wins is doable, I agree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...:
    [QUOTE]If the Lakers can lose to FC Barcelona the Celtics can surely lose to OKC. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously believe the Lakers or any of their fans gave a hoot about FC Barcelona in a preseason game?

Me and my fellow Laker buddies just wanted to see them get back home without any injuries.

That's a very weak comparison. The OKC game counts in the standings...and if the Lakers end up with "home court" by ONE game, you'll look back at last nights game as having cost them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Qdaddy when the Lakers actually begin there schedule you will see how well they can play.  They have not played anybody yet. Their schedule has been beyond easy.  Enjoy where your team is it is going to get much rougher.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...:
    [QUOTE]Complacency will be the Celts undoing again this season.  If they had been a bit bothered during the regular season last year, they might have come away with home court advantage.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  They can't start that same trend as last year.  They have to give 100% every game and not take the other team for granted. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We may have to face it that the vet team of Celtics dont play with the same intensity every game. We saw it all last year, why would this year be any different?

Playing real tight defense is exhausting both physically and mentally.  If the olders guys really made that effort every single game, they may be burned out by Feb. Just may be a reality we have to live with.

If so, at least we can look forward to the playoffs when they'll have the juice to turn it on every game. I dont like it but that may be the deal. Was lousy to watch last year but things changed in the playoffs. We'll have to wait and see

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]All teams have off nights. This just happened to be a really bad one on our home court. No sense in speculating on what could have been. Let's move on to the next game.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]That's my point why not go to Nate instead of West? Why is West playing at the end after just one game??
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

because doc is desperate to have a "true" (although west has averaged 3.7 dimes per game in his career, to nate's 2.7) point guard handling the ball in the fourth quarter.  rondo won't do it.  can't do it.  can't hit free throws or jumpers, and that late in the game everyone is too tired to deal with constant double downs from rondo's man, it's a poison pill for the half court offense. 

so he puts west in and lives with that.  for what it's worth, delonte had some effect in slowing down westbrook from dumping 50 on us compared to rondo's defensive techniques on him.

yeah, i know, bad game all around for everyone.  davis outright stank shooting fish in a barrell.  and so did others.  kg got clunked in the head.  but @ the end of the night, we did it to ourselves.  ONE GUY to stop on OKC and we get a win and we couldn't do it.  not even close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Why are the Lakers supposed to win against the Wolves but we are not supposed to win against the Cavs and a KD and Green-less OKC(at home and rested) ???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming... : Really?  FC freaking Barcelona in a preseason game?  Besides yourself, who the hell cares? 
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

You think FC Barcelona is a better team than an OKC team without KD and Jeff Green?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Why are the Lakers supposed to win against the Wolves but we are not supposed to win against the Cavs and a KD and Green-less OKC(at home and rested) ???
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Maybe your expectations are too high. According to the experts from ESPN and NBA TV the Celtics will not be winning the championship this season. Even some of the Celtic fans here don't believe the Celtics can get 57 wins. 

What do you think, how many wins will the Celtics get this year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Maybe last nights loss was due to a continuation of last seasons Friday night home game curse. If you remember, the C's had a long string last season of losing home games on Friday. Maybe there's a voodoo curse going on here. Is there anybody out there that knows how to undue a voodoo curse? If so, the Celtics need you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe last nights loss was due to a continuation of last seasons Friday night home game curse. If you remember, the C's had a long string last season of losing home games on Friday. Maybe there's a voodoo curse going on here. Is there anybody out there that knows how to undue a voodoo curse? If so, the Celtics need you.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

It's not voodoo. Just look at the pattern on the stat sheet, in the 3 losses Ray Allen is only 1-9 from 3pt land. When Ray struggles the Cs struggle. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe last nights loss was due to a continuation of last seasons Friday night home game curse. If you remember, the C's had a long string last season of losing home games on Friday. Maybe there's a voodoo curse going on here. Is there anybody out there that knows how to undue a voodoo curse? If so, the Celtics need you.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Easy. Trade Rondo for a pg that can shoot, Ray for a sg that can play,KG for a pf that can rebound and show heart, Perk for any sort of center with game and Pierce for any sf that does not believe they can play 1 man ball in the last few minutes with the game on the line.

Easy huh.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray struggling is a fact in most losses. My question is why he struggles.  Defense, age, or just Ray being Ray.  Whatever it is it is a barometer for if this team wins.
    I sense Rondo being out of the line up might be a good barometer as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Ray struggling is a fact in most losses. My question is why he struggles.  Defense, age, or just Ray being Ray.  Whatever it is it is a barometer for if this team wins. I sense Rondo being out of the line up might be a good barometer as well.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I think the main reason why the Cs lose when Ray struggles is the Celtics can't get offensive rebounds. When Ray misses it's a long rebound because it's usually a shot from the outside. It's one and done. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming... : Who the F cares...it was an exhibition dummy.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

If it was just an exhibition why did Gasol, Odom and Kobe play until the game ended? 

Usually in exhibition games the starters are already resting in the 4th qtr. I mean the Lakers actually tried to win that game, come on!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I was listening to a station in Los Angeles and Phil Jackson went on record before the game saying how badly they wanted it. They did everything they could to win.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I was listening to a station in Los Angeles and Phil Jackson went on record before the game saying how badly they wanted it. They did everything they could to win.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

That's what I don't like about Laker trolls, they don't adhere to the truth.