Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speed3Bri. Show Speed3Bri's posts

Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...

I hate when they do this.  Lose to Cleveland...  after MeBron,  then lose to OKC sans Durant.  What are they doing?  Frustrating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

No excuses. If we want to hold or get home court for the the playoffs, we HAVE TO beat teams like this, especially without their superstar not playing tonight.

Celtics better get their act together, or the Lakers will tie us for championships won.

Lakers are beating down teams like the Thunder, why are we struggling so much with teams like this when we crushed the Heat twice so far??

Celtics, get it right!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

They went away from Shaq who was dominating down low.  Keep feeding him until the defense can stop him.  The rest of the starters were flat or had cement boots on!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'd rather the Celtics lose like this than lose to Miami, Orlando, or the Lakers. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree going away from Shaq when he had it going.

All the missed FTs was disturbing especially BBDs.

Now I know why I didn't like West. He never hits shots when they count.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Complacency will be the Celts undoing again this season.  If they had been a bit bothered during the regular season last year, they might have come away with home court advantage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

We beat OKC with KD but cant beat them without him... ridiculous every game we lost have been close.. how about closing out the opponent esp. at home!!! Whats up with Baby missing 3 straight FT's might as well left Shaq in

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Bias ....darn dude....it was his (West) 2nd game back. His defense on Westbrook was exceptional. Ray miss wasn't big? Glen's missed free throws wasn't big? I guess their's didn't count.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...:
    [QUOTE]We played aweful start to finish, we played down to the competitions level and deserve to lose this game. So losers enjoy insulting us over 1 game.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

I guess that the C's thought this game would be a cake walk after "thumping" OKC in their house with a healthy Durant. Don't overlook ANY of the West teams. The west has been winning most Division battles for the last few years, and despite what many of you believe, they're actually more athletic and tougher than the east.

I know this was just a bump in the road, but I have to admit I enjoyed it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

That's my point why not go to Nate instead of West? Why is West playing at the end after just one game??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...:
    [QUOTE]That's my point why not go to Nate instead of West? Why is West playing at the end after just one game??
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Defense Bias defense....you would put Nate on Westbrook?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yes West is the reason why we got back in the game BUT Doc stopped playing offense/defense. Our last possession Nate should've been in the game because he's been running the offense longer than West. The offense wasn't there when we needed it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Put Rondo on......P34 says his free throw shooting has improved out of sight along with his fg%.

Go figure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Old habits die hard.  Remember last year.  Remember Perk talking about how the team was bored with the regular season.  That's a big part of what we saw tonite.
    Just shows how magical that first season the big 3 got together was.  I can't recall a night that team wasn't hungry.  And as I'm sure a lot of the posters here remember, that team OWNED the 3rd quarter.  That's when they were always putting teams away.
    Magic's special.  It usually doesn't last. 
    I'm glad we lost tonite. The C's didn't deserve to win.  Let's hope what Doc's gonna tell em tomorrow sinks in.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Stop it already. Ray had a chance to give the Celtics a 1 point lead when it was 85-84. Delonte had a chance to tie it when it was 87-84. It was just not the Celtics night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming...:
    [QUOTE]Davis makes his free throws, we win.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

It would have been tied and then OKC would have had the ball and since the C's weren't playing any D who knows what would've happened there's no excuse to even be down to a team without 2 of their main guys

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming... : It would have been tied and then OKC would have had the ball and since the C's weren't playing any D who knows what would've happened there's no excuse to even be down to a team without 2 of their main guys
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

The Knicks made it to the Finals in 1999 without Pat Ewing. If we follow your logic then there was ZERO chance of the Knicks making it to the Finals when Ewing went down. Go figure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming... : The Knicks made it to the Finals in 1999 without Pat Ewing. If we follow your logic then there was ZERO chance of the Knicks making it to the Finals when Ewing went down. Go figure.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

1. This has nothing to do with Davis' FTs or the C's losing 2. Pat was like 36 and the Knicks lost in the finals 4-1 ... so this is pretty much null and void

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming... : 1. This has nothing to do with Davis' FTs or the C's losing 2. Pat was like 36 and the Knicks lost in the finals 4-1 ... so this is pretty much null and void
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

It has everything to do with Davis making his FTs. The 4-point deficit could have been cut to 2 pts if Davis made his 2 FTs when he was fouled on the fast break.

I didn't say the Knicks would've won. I only said the Knicks would not have made it to the Finals. A Knicks team without Ewing is like a Celtics team without KG. 

How about this, in 2004 there was no way the Lakers should have lost to Detroit, right? I mean a team with Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Before the trolls come in and talk smack because we know it's coming... : It has everything to do with Davis making his FTs. The 4-point deficit could have been cut to 2 pts if Davis made his 2 FTs when he was fouled on the fast break. I didn't say the Knicks would've won. I only said the Knicks would not have made it to the Finals. A Knicks team without Ewing is like a Celtics team without KG.  How about this, in 2004 there was no way the Lakers should have lost to Detroit, right? I mean a team with Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton...
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

once again. my concern is for MY team i dont care what any one else is doing .. there is no way they should have lost tonight  .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsAZ. Show CeltsAZ's posts

My concern is that we rely so much on the jump shot that even when we get them in foul trouble it takes us awhile to get FT which stop the clock and SHOULD give us two free points.  Unfortunately, tonight they were not so free.  BBD has been solid all year, but do we really need both him and KG doing all their damage from 18 ft out?  Anyhow, hope that Doc starts emphasizing inside out, as we are getting outshot at the charity stripe every game, whether home or away.

Nat

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

They lost cause they played like garbage. BBD worse game of season but hes been so good, hes entitled to a bad game. So many missed FT's, thats the Celtics fault. Stagnant, stand still offense, thats the Celtics fault

Refs were lousy again. Flagrant on Shaq was a sample.

Bottom line is theres lots of reasons but the biggest is OKC outplayed the C's, even without KD. C's looked lethargic and without fire. One of those games and thats that.

btw, Nate missed a big 3 also. The guy just cant find his shot this season.

Sections
Shortcuts