Beginning to Look Like

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Beginning to Look Like

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like:
    In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Yes, P34, Murphy is a reject.  I don't generally agree with Che, but all of murphy's stats show he's a reject.  I hope he has a comeback, but this year - he's a bust, a reject, a project, a failure, etc, etc, etc. At least we knew what we had with Semih.  Not a great player, but a body that was starting to learn the system and get the ball underneath for baskets (could catch better than Perk!).  With Murphy, we KNOW he can't play D (never has) and the only hope is that he can still shoot.  All of those great stats that people quote on this board are from years gone by when he had starter minutes.  Now he's NOT going to get those minutes with us and he may well look just like he did in New Jersey. Let's hold judgement on him.  He may do well.  But, there's just no data saying we should plan on him making a big difference in Boston.   I hope he does, but you just can't bet on that based on his recent performances.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Contradict yourself much?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Yes, P34, Murphy is a reject.  I don't generally agree with Che, but all of murphy's stats show he's a reject.  I hope he has a comeback, but this year - he's a bust, a reject, a project, a failure, etc, etc, etc. At least we knew what we had with Semih.  Not a great player, but a body that was starting to learn the system and get the ball underneath for baskets (could catch better than Perk!).  With Murphy, we KNOW he can't play D (never has) and the only hope is that he can still shoot.  All of those great stats that people quote on this board are from years gone by when he had starter minutes.  Now he's NOT going to get those minutes with us and he may well look just like he did in New Jersey. Let's hold judgement on him.  He may do well.  But, there's just no data saying we should plan on him making a big difference in Boston.   I hope he does, but you just can't bet on that based on his recent performances.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I disagree. The Celts will get 2 things from Murphy that they didn't get from Erden, shooting and rebounding. Even with limited minutes Murphy still averaged 4.2 rpg this season. Way better compared to Erden's 2.9 rpg.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : This probably isn't doable as both Shaq & JO will probably be out for 2 weeks or more esp JO ... The most contracts an NBA team can sign an NBADL player is two consecutive 10-day terms then they must either release him or sign him for the remainder of the season. So Johnson either gets released in a few days and called back again in a few weeks or they keep him for one more 10-day contract and release him for good unless they want to keep him which would mean that they thought he was better than Erden... Not gonna happen!
    Posted by Mployee8

Again, if Erden was still with the Celtics I don't think Murphy would have come to Boston. 

Krstic, Shaq, JO, and Erden, why would Murphy come to Boston if the Celts have those? Murphy sure ain't gettin' KG and Big Baby's minutes, I can tell you that!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : I disagree. The Celts will get 2 things from Murphy that they didn't get from Erden, shooting and rebounding. Even with limited minutes Murphy still averaged 4.2 rpg this season. Way better compared to Erden's 2.9 rpg.
    Posted by P34

Just remember this Fierce----remember this please.....

WE ARE WINNING WITHOUT PERK AND SEMIH WAS PLAYING......
    THIS IS NOT A FICTION -- IT'S WRITTEN IN THE BOOK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Murphy has a role that will require not a lot of time on court.  He has been successful scoring and rebounding as a starter.  I think when you look at what he will be asked to do he will be a big plus considering Erden while a fluid athlete could not score or rebound consistently.

Those worried that Erden is going to end up a star are way off he won't.

Murphy is a second unit guy now who will bring way more to the table than Semih ever could dream of. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Just remember this Fierce----remember this please..... WE ARE WINNING WITHOUT PERK AND SEMIH WAS PLAYING...... THIS IS NOT A FICTION -- IT'S WRITTEN IN THE BOOK
    Posted by CHEisCHE

I hope you aren't giving credit to our wins to Semih...that statement is a lot like a pointless statistic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!....Trust me....he'll be back!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Send him back down to D-league and we have the roster spot. If we gave players away to get roster spot to bring up our own D-league player, then that is just a big waste.  That D-league player is ours no matter what as long as we want to keep him.
    Posted by scubber

Chris Johnson 10 days will be up in couples of days.The celtics options are:give him another 10 days or release him.He does not belongs to the celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Yes, that's true. But how sure are you the Celts are not planning on giving him a contract? Right now it's a fact that the Celts have 14 players on the roster. 
    Posted by P34

Now if you want to get technical about Chris Johnson and his "roster" spot, I just looked at the roster on ESPN and there is no sign of Murph.  If he is on the "roster" I suppose we will see him tonight, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : Contradict yourself much?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

There's no contradiction here, Hedley.  However, since you're having trouble understanding, I'll explain it to you again:

1. I think he's a reject and a failure because he didn't get any playing time on a team that is terrible and wants to get more wins.   His recent stats show that he's a failure this year during the minutes that he does play.  His team, the Nets, rejected him. 

2. Consequently, I don't see him making any significant difference on the Celtics team this year.  He'll get only backup player minutes and can't do much in those minutes - that's my view.

3. I still hope that I'm wrong and that he turns it around.  I hope I'm wrong.  I won't say its impossible for him not to play better.  As a Celtics fan, I hope he does play better than his recent performance.  But, make no mistake, his recent performance suggests he is a reject and failure.....rejected by his current team, delivering poor stats and performance, and a clear failure.

Understand now or should I just give up on your ability to get this point of view?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Beginning to Look Like : I disagree. The Celts will get 2 things from Murphy that they didn't get from Erden, shooting and rebounding. Even with limited minutes Murphy still averaged 4.2 rpg this season. Way better compared to Erden's 2.9 rpg.
    Posted by P34

Hope you're right, P34, but just because he gets 2 rebounds more, I'm not excited.   Also, when he steps into the Celts system and is asked to get back on D like everyone else (or sit), he's not going to be getting as many rebounds (like the rest of the Celts don't).

We'll see.  I'll be happy if you're right and I'm wrong.  Time will tell, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Sections
Shortcuts