Believe me now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Believe me now?

I've been saying all along that DA/Papile are inept at building a team/ evaluating players.   Any of us could have realized that KG and RA would be good pick ups.   Only thing they really did well was make McHale blink before they did (remember, rumor was that PP was to be traded at that time).   Other than that it has been old timers and 2nd round picks.   Most 1st rounders have bombed.   'Should we trade TAllen or DWest...West'.   Wrong!   Younger free agents?   Well, even tho MDaniels and Von Waters are nice guys (they have some positives.   More on that later), these kind of acquisitions are the reason C's can't win back to back games or all their games are close.
       If PP, RA or KG don't score, nobody does.   Nobody comes off the bench and helps pull away.   One of the Bost3 always has to be in the game and 'on'.   Sure BB scores some, but he's a long way from being confused w/ 'the microwave-Vinny Johnson.   Thing is DA/Papile have 3 yrs to build a bench and it has gone from best, to they tinkering, and now mediocre.   Sure, they can maintain.   But, the Bost3 have to keep doing they heavy work game in and game out.   For being 30-somethings, by now they should have had some help.   The first yr of this combo, they had a lot of help and the C's blew away lots of teams.   Now, teams often stay close.   Giddens, GGreene, Avery.   In all sports, if you can't build by the draft, your organization isn't gonna be any good.   All we C's fans asked was to build a bench!   And DA/Papile can't even do that.   Even the Maine D-league team stinks (aren't they in charge of getting those players, even if indirectly?)!   What old player from the mid season 'gonna release pile are they gonna try and get now?   And, if so, many of we forum readers could get them.   No astute player aquisitions are made by DA/Papile, where it takes a judgement of talent and feel for chemistry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Believe me now?

Nope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Docc has a good point in a way. Ainge has whiffed on draft picks but the bigger issue is this bench. Yes the starters on all teams do the heavy lifting so that's no surprise. We're relying on BBD to do all the scoring on the 2nd unit. This bench has no identity and it's been hurting us, specifically in back to backs. The back to backs aren't a problem if you're not relying on 30-something year olds to win both back to back games for you. If the starters can take care of Orlando one night we've got to have a bench to take care of Charlotte the next night. That's just one example but it's gone on all season.

This is why I keep harping on a Microwave type player (JR Smith, Rip, Monta Ellis type) It's not Nate. Those type of guys take time to learn the system. The others like TA or Posey bring something different and can be incorporated quicker.

We keep "waiting" but at some point we have to beat some of these bad teams or we're going to be kicking ourselves come April.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

You know what I think??

Some of you guys are never happy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So by happy do you mean the high you get from beating Orlando or the low you get from losing to the Bobcats??

This team will send you into a manic-depressive state if you allow them too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In Response to Re: Believe me now?:
    You know what I think?? Some of you guys are never happy.
    Posted by siestafiesta

You tell'em Danny!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Ainge isn't perfect but I think some of the criticisms are ridiculous.

It would be one thing if he could just sign anyone he wants or make any trade but he has to deal with the salary cap, luxury tax implications, trade restrictions, draft slotting and other measures that were created to even the playing field.

I guess the Lakers and Heat's bench is so much better, right??  C's are playing without both O'Neals, West, and Daniels right now but I guess they shouldn't miss a beat playing their 13-15th guys??

And talk about whiffing on some draft picks, lottery picks in the NBA are a crapshoot let alone picking at the end of the 1st or 2nd round.  Ainge has probably hit on as many late picks as any GM in the league.  Guys like Gomes, Powe, Davis, Erden

Since this team was put together, they won the title in yr 1, lost in game 7 of the conference title without KG in yr 2,  had a lead on the road in game 7 of the finals in yr 3, and are the 2nd best team in the NBA, first in the conference at the mid-point of yr 4. 

I'll take Ainge any day over some whiner on a message board who thinks he knows everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Didn't Ainge draft Rajon Rondo (or Phoenix drafted him and then immediately traded him to us).......or does that not count in this discussion because it doesn't support your argument?

Siesta is right...some of you guys really are never happy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

I'll take Ainge any day over some whiner on a message board who thinks he knows everything.
    Posted by siestafiesta

strongly aware.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Oh, yea tmot1234.   1 starting player has been drafted in 8yrs.   And, he's had lottery picks.   If you're astute enough, you move up in the draft to get a better player.   Only once in ? 8yrs has DA/Papile come close to this (RR).   KP?   He'll continue to make go crazy.   I think it's because KG looks for him too much and it's too frequent when KP has the ball w/ 5sec left in the 24sec clock.  He's a hard worker and good intentions, but their are more than a few centers/pf who could start instead of him (Erden, Gortat, Verajeo, Chandler) so he's not expendable.   But, he is our center.   DA/Papile's track record of acquiring talent, I don't think is very good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

So by happy do you mean the high you get from beating Orlando or the low you get from losing to the Bobcats?? This team will send you into a manic-depressive state if you allow them too.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Well it looks like it has happened to some.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Believe me now? : Well it looks like it has happened to some.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Too true, LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts