Bench needs to step up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Re: Bench needs to step up

In Response to Bench needs to step up:
    [QUOTE]8 points in game 1 and 14 in game 2.  The bench is not supporting us at all we have a 10 pt lead in the 1st and the starters sit, 3 minutes later we are up 1. They need to hold us down. Green and delonte are very indecisive right now. Kristic has dissapeared. Also doc needs to stop taking out the entire 1st unit and replacing it with the entire 2nd unit ( he usually leaves one starter in though) he should be mixing and matching example, 3 starters and 2 bench guys. Cuz our bench has no leadership they have no flow on the offensive end. Id like to see delonte with rondo on the floor.  I thought this was the reason for the trade to get added depth. Our bench has to really improve moving forward cuz weve got some old tired legs and we are putting too much pressure on the big 4.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Bench needs to step up:
    [QUOTE]8 points in game 1 and 14 in game 2.  The bench is not supporting us at all we have a 10 pt lead in the 1st and the starters sit, 3 minutes later we are up 1. They need to hold us down. Green and delonte are very indecisive right now. Kristic has dissapeared. Also doc needs to stop taking out the entire 1st unit and replacing it with the entire 2nd unit ( he usually leaves one starter in though) he should be mixing and matching example, 3 starters and 2 bench guys. Cuz our bench has no leadership they have no flow on the offensive end. Id like to see delonte with rondo on the floor.  I thought this was the reason for the trade to get added depth. Our bench has to really improve moving forward cuz weve got some old tired legs and we are putting too much pressure on the big 4.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about Bench needs to play better? The bench dosn't play,
    Doc played Paul 46 minutes,Rondo 43 minutes Allen and Kevin 39 minutes,

The bench can't score on the bench.

wake up
    Run

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Re: Bench needs to step up:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bench needs to step up : What are you talking about Bench needs to play better? The bench dosn't play, Doc played Paul 46 minutes,Rondo 43 minutes Allen and Kevin 39 minutes, The bench can't score on the bench. wake up Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

Run, I'm shocked. I actually completely agree with one of your posts. I'm hoping that Doc reads the posts. Even if the guys can make it to the finals as they did last year, Doc is going to burn them out again. Last year they traded Eddie and Billy Walker for Nate only to have Nate sit on the bench. Therefore, we basically had the same team minus Eddie and Walker. This year with the total minutes given to Troy, Jeff, and Kris, we have the same team minus Perk!!!! How much do they pay NBA coaches and execs these days? If these walk next year, if there is a next year, what was the point in trading Perk even if Perk was going to walk!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bench needs to step up : What are you talking about Bench needs to play better? The bench dosn't play, Doc played Paul 46 minutes,Rondo 43 minutes Allen and Kevin 39 minutes, The bench can't score on the bench. wake up Run

You are 100% correct. How can the bench play better if they don't play at all. And the few that plays only play 7, 8, or 9 minutes. Krstic can rebound the ball. But how can he get rebounds when he is on the bench? Yet we complain that we are outrebounded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bench needs to step up : I agree totally here. Jeff Green has 6pts. and 3 rebounds in 12 minutes. BBD had less in 24. Green needs to be on the floor instead of BBD if we aren't going to play JO. Match-ups dictated BBD last night. I would like to see a lengthier, taller and better jumping Green on the floor. It was BBD's defense that let Jeffries get to the hoop to take the lead. Doc needs to get Krstic out there too. They both look scared to make mistakes.
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

You forgot to list in your stats that Green had 5 fouls in 11 minutes.  A minute later, he came out.  Fouling is not good defense, especially Greens dumb fouls.

But, the bench DOES need to step it up.  BBD is not having a good series nor is Green.  I have faith that BBD and Delonte will have a good game and I can only hope that Green will.

Doc played 2 starters and 3 bench guys in game one.  He didn't sub all bench players for all subs.  Watch the game:  it was Rondo + Pierce at guards, BBD and Green at forward and krstic at center 3/4 of the way into the 1st quarter in the first game.  In the second game, Delonte came in sooner than normal at PG because Rondo was gassed from all those breakaway layups.  So, he needed a rest and that's how we ended up with 4 subs + 1 starter.   I'm guessing you'll see more of 2 starters and 3 bench guys (and then we'll hear more complaints from the other posters about why the rest of the bench doesn't get more minutes).    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

when he(krsitic) first got here, he was racking up the boards and most of them offensively and giving us second chance points, so even if he isnt getting them defensively, atleast he can get us the same 2nd chance points the knicks are getting to even it out.

People were saying he was the best inside scoring center we had since Parrish....now the guy cant sniff the court.

I understood why Doc does not want to play him, but experience or not, he could be used to rebound, and he needs to spell JON and Baby.  People say he cant defend, but I didnt see Baby stopping anyone...only thing he did good was show up on the hard double team with Melo, but he has some very uninspired minutes in this series and it will only get worse. if Doc said Baby's minutes shouldnt exceed 15, and that was regular season, how will be effective playing 25, and the less you play Kristic, the more Baby plays and becomes less effective;...so Docs stubborness is a snowball only gaining ground....I dont like to question coaching...but you have to let a guy play into some kind of role or you wear down your key players. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Jay, a lot of mis-information in that post.

1. Doc did not say BBD should not play more than 15 minutes.  He said as a starter his minutes were too long and that hampered his play.  He was also talking about the regular season, not the playoffs.
    2. Krstic's play deteriorated about about 3 weeks.  he went to nothing.

Let's put some data on the table.  Here are Krstic's rebounds for the games he played from the day he arrived on the 26th of Feb:  6, 5, 4, 6, 3, 9, 15, 14, 2, 7, 3, 4, 4, 2, 8, 6, 2, 1, 6, 3, 6, 1, 5, 6.  During that time he averaged 22 minutes pretty consistently except the 2 games he was injured.  After Milwaukee on march 13, he dropped down to an average of about 4 rebounds in 22 minutes at the center position.  He was doing great and then his offense AND his rebounding when to terrible and his minutes did not drop.   He just stopped producing.   During that same time, Davis average 6.5 rebounds per game per the stats on ESPN in about 4 more minutes per game.

Now on D, Davis has not had a stellar defensive performance.  neither has Garnett nor Pierce nor Rondo.  But, at least we've seen great D from BBD over the last year.  We've NEVER seen great D from Nenad.  

So, I don't see where Krstic would increase our rebounding.  Do you have some stats that show how our rebounding goes up with krstic is in??

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

13 points.... out of 113?!!!!!!!!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And I'm glad Doc played them as much as he did.  I'd rather them play 43 minutes and we sweep this series than for them to play 35 minutes and we struggle.  I said before - if I'm Doc, I'm going for the win, not for playing some guys who didn't show they could play against a Wizards team that have 2 d-league guys and missing their top scorers.   Arroyo, Wafer, and Murphy didn't show much at all when they had their chances during the last 1/3 of the season.  That's when they could have earned their minutes.  Its now money time and there's no time to play around and experiment.  We need to WIN!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bench needs to step up : And I'm glad Doc played them as much as he did.  I'd rather them play 43 minutes and we sweep this series than for them to play 35 minutes and we struggle.  I said before - if I'm Doc, I'm going for the win, not for playing some guys who didn't show they could play against a Wizards team that have 2 d-league guys and missing their top scorers.   Arroyo, Wafer, and Murphy didn't show much at all when they had their chances during the last 1/3 of the season.  That's when they could have earned their minutes.  Its now money time and there's no time to play around and experiment.  We need to WIN!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

no brainer for me

30 minutes a game for 7 games = 210 minutes
    40 minutes a game for 4 games = 160 minutes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bench needs to step up : 1 question mark and 10 exclamation points. Just sayin'!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Im glad you love me enough to sit there n count it

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts