Bench Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bench Play

Seems we keep hearing how our bench gets outplayed.  Sometimes they do and sometimes not.   What I do not understand is even if a bench player is playing well they still rot away on the bench.  In this stretch right now I truly don't understand the Avery Bradley deal. We all no he doesn't create much for anyone but I will be the first to admit he is far better quicker than I ever thought.  He may miss a outside shot bad and the very next one is net.  He doesn't force shots,  plays his AZZ off on defense and he plays 7 minutes last nite?  Yes we won the game but I think Avery has earned his playing time.   Dooling is truly pathetic.  He has no business on the floor. AB should get every minute of Doolings.  Moore is another one.  He has to be in Doc dog house.  He obviously can shoot, we need points yet he doesn't get any run. Only talking about giving him a few minutes a game, even if its the first half.  Same with JJ.   You can't tell me that a few minutes a game in the first half if going to make us lose.  Especially if you don't put them all in there at the same time.  I think all three of those youngsters could help us if given a regular chance. 

Steamer out of necessity if playing ok and will get better.  I know one thing if the other team takes it to the rack and he is in the game  they will know it.  He has the ability to block shots and alter shots.  The more he blocks the more he will get the reputation and people will not challenge him.  Yes he misses rotations but playing time will cure that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Bench Play

Doc is his own coach.   Second night of a back to back and he made the starters play a lot of minutes.  But, it worked so its hard to complain.   You and I would give JJJ and Moore some additional minutes but we are not the coach.

As for Bradley, I was ok with him not playing as much last night because Rondo is young and can handle more minutes.  And.....Rondo was playing great.  We needed this win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Bench Play:
    [QUOTE]Doc is his own coach.   Second night of a back to back and he made the starters play a lot of minutes.  But, it worked so its hard to complain.   You and I would give JJJ and Moore some additional minutes but we are not the coach. As for Bradley, I was ok with him not playing as much last night because Rondo is young and can handle more minutes.  And.....Rondo was playing great.  We needed this win.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

This trip is probably the most important part of our season.  I guess I can understand right now how he is using the bench but for the who season I can't.  If we end of with a good road trip we might could get a on a pretty good run.  I looked at the schedule for the rest of the year.  Of course injuries could and will be part of the equation. Bradley I was not OK with last night. The minutes Dooling gets are a waste of developing our youngsters.  There is no way his play is significantly better than anyone we have on our bench. Even Sasha who has been bashed around here quite a bit would play better if he got regular minutes. He works on defense and can score on occasion. Like you said we got the win. Would have been nice not to give the game away against the Fakers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bench Play : This trip is probably the most important part of our season.  I guess I can understand right now how he is using the bench but for the who season I can't.  If we end of with a good road trip we might could get a on a pretty good run.  I looked at the schedule for the rest of the year.  Of course injuries could and will be part of the equation. Bradley I was not OK with last night. The minutes Dooling gets are a waste of developing our youngsters.  There is no way his play is significantly better than anyone we have on our bench. Even Sasha who has been bashed around here quite a bit would play better if he got regular minutes. He works on defense and can score on occasion. Like you said we got the win. Would have been nice not to give the game away against the Fakers.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Sasha and Bradley should get all of Dooling's minutes. As soon as Bradley figures out he can take his man off the dribble, he will become a good scorer. If he would just stop and shoot the 12 foot jump shot, he could become a 10 to 12 points per game player!! As for Steamer, we would not have won the game without him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I agree that Dooling is a waste on the court.  I don't like that substitution.

But, Bradley loses the ball every time he takes his man off the dribble.  He has small hands and cannot grip the ball so its easy to know it out of his hands.  Ever notice how often he beats his man and they knock it out of his hands as he goes up?

Sasha - sorry, I'm not sold there.  He's so off and on that we just cannot count on him. I'd rather see his minutes go to Pietrus and Moore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bradley dunks the ball one handed like and animal.  Are you sure his hands are small?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that Dooling is a waste on the court.  I don't like that substitution. But, Bradley loses the ball every time he takes his man off the dribble.  He has small hands and cannot grip the ball so its easy to know it out of his hands.  Ever notice how often he beats his man and they knock it out of his hands as he goes up? Sasha - sorry, I'm not sold there.  He's so off and on that we just cannot count on him. I'd rather see his minutes go to Pietrus and Moore.

Sasha is off because he is never on, the court that is. If Doc would play him i think he could give us some good minutes. I guess we'll have to find out who is right about Bradley!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Agree with a lot of op, especially with Dooling, that's a no brainer and those minutes should go to Bradley who makes things happen defensively and his offense is better than expected.  Agree about giving a few minutes to the Purdue rookies as well, get them acclimated, they've looked good in spurts when given the chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Doc said The Steamer did not play very good, Doc must have watched another game, the one I say, Steamer did just fine if you consider the limited minutes the Great Doc Rivers has given him.  Pav has been doing pretty good lately.  LIKE IT OR NOT THOUGHT IF WE ARE STICKING WITH THE BIG FOUR we should get another big body or two or half way through the playoffs we will be having pactice at the HOSPITAL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]Doc said The Steamer did not play very good, Doc must have watched another game, the one I say, Steamer did just fine if you consider the limited minutes the Great Doc Rivers has given him.  Pav has been doing pretty good lately.  LIKE IT OR NOT THOUGHT IF WE ARE STICKING WITH THE BIG FOUR we should get another big body or two or half way through the playoffs we will be having pactice at the HOSPITAL.
    Posted by romneywins[/QUOTE]

It sounded that way but Doc was talking about Steamer's bad ankle, not his play.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In his very first game, Dooling proved that he was useless and clueless. How this guy has remained in the league is a mystery, and yes, his minutes should be divided between Bradley and Moore. Moore might be a downgraded version of MarShon Brooks (whom I lusted after before the draft only to have him snatched away once drafted) on this team, he doesn't seem to have the same range, but he is a player who can get his points if given the oportunity. He plays with confidence that has been rare around here in rooks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley dunks the ball one handed like and animal.  Are you sure his hands are small?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

That's his leaping ability and when he does, he has to "cup" the ball between his wrist and his fingers.  Ever dunked a ball?   If so, you kow what I mean.   They show it in slow motion sometimes.

Again - watch Bradley go to the hole in traffic and see how many times he loses the ball out of bounds.  You'll see what I mean.  I like him, but I think he'll always struggle with handling the ball, especially in traffic.   

On the flip side, look at Rondo's arms and hands.  He can control the ball with ease as he dribbles and as he passes and handles it in traffic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bench Play : That's his leaping ability and when he does, he has to "cup" the ball between his wrist and his fingers.  Ever dunked a ball?   If so, you kow what I mean.   They show it in slow motion sometimes. Again - watch Bradley go to the hole in traffic and see how many times he loses the ball out of bounds.  You'll see what I mean.  I like him, but I think he'll always struggle with handling the ball, especially in traffic.    On the flip side, look at Rondo's arms and hands.  He can control the ball with ease as he dribbles and as he passes and handles it in traffic.

I know what your talking about with Bradley, but his TO's per game aren't that bad.  I bet he has more turnovers trying to pass someone the ball with a bad angle than he does fumbling it away.  Maybe when he is fumbling it the team gets it back so its not a turnover.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Who cares if he has small hands? The one thing he has going for him is he play hard. He's got no handle and can't run an offense. Neither can Dooling so I'd rather see Bradley. I'm suspect Moore is banging Doc's daughter. Why esle would Dooling get minutes? He's atrocious. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Bradley has suprised me with his play improved a lot.  He is a long way from a point guard, but he is seviceable.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts