Best and worst case scenario for the 10.3 mil. trade exception

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Best and worst case scenario for the 10.3 mil. trade exception

I guess the worst case would be if we don't use it. The best case could land us a Monroe or a Cousins, both are restricted free agents next year.

What do you guys think we will, should, could do with the 10.3 mil trade exception?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Best and worst case scenario for the 10.3 mil. trade exception

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Right now the Celts can't use that trade exception because the Celts are hard capped at 75.7m.

Cousins would have to do something really stupid or dumb for the Kings to let him go.

The Pistons can afford to give Monroe the max next year.

So I don't think we end up with Monroe either.

And because the Celtic owners are not willing to pay repeater tax, there's very little chance the Celts will use that 10.3m trade exception next year.

What about next year when Humphries contract is up and Bogans i believe can be waived, won't that free up more money to sign someone. I know we have to do something with AB if he is not traded, but something like 4 years 20 mil would probably lock him up.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

[QUOTE]If he can score.4-5million per year is ok.Just for his defense will be too much money.Marshoon will be the starter at the 2.We need points.

Right now the Celts can't use that trade exception because the Celts are hard capped at 75.7m.

Cousins would have to do something really stupid or dumb for the Kings to let him go.

The Pistons can afford to give Monroe the max next year.

So I don't think we end up with Monroe either.

And because the Celtic owners are not willing to pay repeater tax, there's very little chance the Celts will use that 10.3m trade exception next year.

What about next year when Humphries contract is up and Bogans i believe can be waived, won't that free up more money to sign someone. I know we have to do something with AB if he is not traded, but something like 4 years 20 mil would probably lock him up.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I guess the worst case would be if we don't use it. The best case could land us a Monroe or a Cousins, both are restricted free agents next year.

What do you guys think we will, should, could do with the 10.3 mil trade exception?

The biggest problem here is that this trade exception can't be combined with salaries in trade.  But, I believe that it can be combined with other trade exceptions.  If that is correct, I will look for Danny to collect more smaller trade exceptions.  Then he can potentially play in the free agent market next year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

The biggest problem here is that this trade exception can't be combined with salaries in trade.  But, I believe that it can be combined with other trade exceptions.  If that is correct, I will look for Danny to collect more smaller trade exceptions.  Then he can potentially play in the free agent market next year.

A trade exception can't be combined with anything.

Not even other trade exceptions.

Sounds like the trade exception may not be as big a deal as it was first made out to be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

When does it expire?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

When does it expire?

I think next July.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

So your thinking they are not going to take advantage of this then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

My guess is they do not use it for this season to get under the repeater tax, and then use it next offseason to "add payroll" through a sign and trade as described above.  The C's will have several expiring contracts along with the draft picks and the new draftee's to be active next offseason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Trade exceptions are huge because they let you take someone else's salary reductions. If the Celtics are fortunate they'll get a very good peice for nothing in return. The timing would work the Celitcs do not use it this year to remain under the repeater threshold but use it next year before it expires after the season ends.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.