Best Case Scenario - 4th Worst

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Best Case Scenario - 4th Worst

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

In response to Fiercy's comment:

With tonight's win, I think the Celts can not go lower than the 4th worst record.

That means the 4th pick of the draft.

FYI, if you have the 4th worst record, you can end up anywhere from the 1st pick to the 7th pick.

It's not good if the Celts end up with the 5th worst record because the Celts can end up with the 8th pick and are not allowed to have the 4th pick.

But Celts still have a small chance of ending up with the #1, #2, or #3 pick.

um no.. it doesn't mean the 4th pick of the draft. it could mean the 1st pick of the draft, it could mean the 7th pick of the draft. it's a LOT-TOR-Y

I like how you spell it out like that and spell it wrong.

Derp.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

With tonight's win, I think the Celts can not go lower than the 4th worst record.

FYI, if you have the 4th worst record, you can end up anywhere from the 1st pick to the 7th pick.

It's not good if the Celts end up with the 5th worst record because the Celts can end up with the 8th pick and are not allowed to have the 4th pick.

um no.. it doesn't mean the 4th pick of the draft. it could mean the 1st pick of the draft, it could mean the 7th pick of the draft. it's a LOT-TOR-Y

I like how you spell it out like that and spell it wrong.

Derp.

i like how u like what i do

How could I not?

Classic comedy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1995592-2014-nba-mock-draft-first-round-projections-entering-ncaa-tournament

picking in the top 5 and again in the top 20 gives us a lot of options. granted, one of the big 3 would be nice, and that's still possible. but there are a lot of very talented guys in the top 20 if danny picks wisely. 

i like the idea floated of rondo and nash for their lotto pick. that would be intense. then we could grab smart or exum to groom to take rondo's place and still end up with a center and a wing player to put with sully/oly. 

and we still have to figure out what to do with bradley and green.

the draft/free agency is going to be exciting this summer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

No Sir, not really high on Carmelo but maybe another nice piece becomes available that Rondo can be used in. Either straight up or in a 3 way deal. Like Aldridge, Cousins, Monroe, Gasol or someone of that nature. I know I do not have the answers and it is only my opinion but all along I have thought that Ainge would dump the pick if he did not get one of the more sure things and possible Cornerstones {Parker, Wiggins, Embiid}. I also realize there are no "sure things" but these are the guys that seem to be Franchise type players. IMO after those three, there is a big drop off. Whatever we do, I sure hope it is the right thing becasue I am tired of "cheering to lose". Peace Fiercy. I respect your opinion and appreciate your knowledge but everybody on here is guessing.

Here's the thing, back in 2007, even before the season ended, everybody already knew KG was going to be traded.

It was just a matter of where.

Right now only Carmelo will be available.

Greg Monroe is not worth it because we already have Oly and Sully.

Monroe is NOT a Center.

Yes, Monroe IS a center. Drummond was too good for the Pistons to pass up. Monroe is on the block because Dumars was dummy for giving Josh Smith that big contract and he's been a disaster at the #3. They want to move him to #4 and draft a #3 next season.

Sully is an underized 4. The jury is still out on Olynyk. Sully is trade bait. 

How would these guys fare against Indy or Miami in a best of seven series? A lot of the Cs stats are inflated since the contending teams rest their stars against Boston. Sully can score 30+ against the Kings, and in a low pressure enviorment, KO will have plenty of open shots, but the playoffs expose weaknesses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Add 1 to the Cs pre lottery position. If they finish with the sixth worst record, they will likely pick 7-8, unless they get the top 3.

BTW, I disagree with your avatar. I blame the CIA. Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

What about Gasol or Cousins {headcase I know} or Aldridge? 

Before this season started, I made a thread about how the Celts could speed up the rebuilding process by trading for Aldridge.

Aldridge was unhappy at that time.

Right now Aldridge wants to stay with the Blazers.

Cousins was sort of available not so long ago.

But he already signed a max contract with the Kings.

That means he's the Kings' #1 guy.

There are very few impact players or star players in the NBA worth trading our lottery pick for.

But at this point in time, no one is available.

Best case scenario is the Celts get another lottery pick and build through the draft.

Just like what OKC did.

OKC got Durant and Jeff Green in 2007.

Ibaka and Westbrook in 2008.

Harden in 2009.

By 2012, the Thunder were already in the Finals.

I still say the best way to go is build through the draft.

Another possibility is trade Rondo for Nash and the player the Lakers get in the lottery this year.

Maybe.OKL rebuilded tru the draft,but they not won anything and there is signs that the team will start to desintegrate very soon.The draft alone is not the answer.Go celtics.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

What about Gasol or Cousins {headcase I know} or Aldridge? 

Before this season started, I made a thread about how the Celts could speed up the rebuilding process by trading for Aldridge.

Aldridge was unhappy at that time.

Right now Aldridge wants to stay with the Blazers.

Cousins was sort of available not so long ago.

But he already signed a max contract with the Kings.

That means he's the Kings' #1 guy.

There are very few impact players or star players in the NBA worth trading our lottery pick for.

But at this point in time, no one is available.

Best case scenario is the Celts get another lottery pick and build through the draft.

Just like what OKC did.

OKC got Durant and Jeff Green in 2007.

Ibaka and Westbrook in 2008.

Harden in 2009.

By 2012, the Thunder were already in the Finals.

I still say the best way to go is build through the draft.

Another possibility is trade Rondo for Nash and the player the Lakers get in the lottery this year.

Maybe.OKL rebuilded tru the draft,but they not won anything and there is signs that the team will start to desintegrate very soon.The draft alone is not the answer.Go celtics.

Depends on who you draft...I think it was kismet that the last Olympic team had a choice of two wackjobs at PG...Westbrook or Rondo...poor Coach K, what a hideous choice.....

If you pick trash in the draft your team will become trash"ish".....they need a reliable PG...just like us...someone who you know will provide you with consistent good play everynight

Our talent level is so bad right now they could have the last two picks in the first round and STILL be better next year...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Neither of the 2 players I like are in the top 5 or maybe even top 10 and I haven't seen their names mentioned in any posts above. I like the league's top scorer, Creighton's McDermott and Syracuse's C.J.Fair. As opposed to some more desirable draft choices it seems who are freshmen, these 2 are seniors and do have 4 years of college experience so their stats and performances are more reliable to me, I think, and they could be undervalued sleepers in the draft.

I realize our biggest need is a Center and if Embiid not available, and we can't get Cousins, Marc Gasol etc. I'd try and get Omer Asik, not a prolific scorer but sort of a banger like Perkins was. And also with him hope Faverani is a good backup keeping in mind we can also play Sully and Oly at C when necessary. Then we hope for a rookie C in next year's draft.   I would start McDermott and Fair over Wallace, Bass or Green right now and hope they are all gone !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I have a feeling we will pick 2nd. Just a feeling

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

I have a feeling we will pick 2nd. Just a feeling

The Beatles had a feeling too- let's hope you're right

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I'll be happy with a lottery pick within the top 5 and one at 17...we'll do just fine.....if Embiid decides not to come out this year, grab a 2nd somewhere and take him with that pick, sign him before the draft next year like we did the year we got Bird.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Yes, Monroe IS a center. Drummond was too good for the Pistons to pass up. Monroe is on the block because Dumars was dummy for giving Josh Smith that big contract and he's been a disaster at the #3. They want to move him to #4 and draft a #3 next season.

Sully is an underized 4. The jury is still out on Olynyk. Sully is trade bait. 

How would these guys fare against Indy or Miami in a best of seven series? A lot of the Cs stats are inflated since the contending teams rest their stars against Boston. Sully can score 30+ against the Kings, and in a low pressure enviorment, KO will have plenty of open shots, but the playoffs expose weaknesses.

If Greg Monroe is your Center then you'll end up being a middle of the pack team.

He's not a defensive player.

Celts need a big who can protect the rim.

Monroe is not the answer.

Don't worry, Monroe will not be a Celtic next season.

+100

Sections
Shortcuts