Best Case Scenario - 4th Worst

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Best Case Scenario - 4th Worst

speaking of draft.. Doug Gottlieb was on Gresh&Zo today he says he thinks Brad Stevens would love a Marcus Smart at pick #4 after Parker, Wiggins and Embiid because he is all about toughness

I wouldnt mind that

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

speaking of draft.. Doug Gottlieb was on Gresh&Zo today he says he thinks Brad Stevens would love a Marcus Smart at pick #4 after Parker, Wiggins and Embiid because he is all about toughness

I wouldnt mind that

Well, if Smart is available when the Celts are picking, it's a no-brainer.

I still think that if Danny cannot get a Top 3 pick then he uses it in a trade. Love maybe?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Well, if Smart is available when the Celts are picking, it's a no-brainer.

True, are you still high on Gary Harris?

if so, lets hope Iowa St and MSU meet in the elite 8. DeAndre Kane/Harris will be a great matchup to see where he stands imo

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

I still think that if Danny cannot get a Top 3 pick then he uses it in a trade. Love maybe?

Yes, Danny would trade for Love, but why would Minny agree to trade Love?

It's not what Danny or us Celtic fans want, it's what Minny wants.

How sure are we that Minny wants what we have to offer.

Fiercy, you are getting a bit snippy. I did not say for sure Love, just that if they do not get a Top 3 pick, Danny goes the route of using that pick in a trade for a proven Star. It could be someone else. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

With tonight's win, I think the Celts can not go lower than the 4th worst record.

That means the 4th pick of the draft.

FYI, if you have the 4th worst record, you can end up anywhere from the 1st pick to the 7th pick.

It's not good if the Celts end up with the 5th worst record because the Celts can end up with the 8th pick and are not allowed to have the 4th pick.

But Celts still have a small chance of ending up with the #1, #2, or #3 pick.

This will be of interest to you...

Past Lottery Results

Note: the last time the top 3 picks went to the worst 3 teams was 1996.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Fiercy, you are getting a bit snippy. I did not say for sure Love, just that if they do not get a Top 3 pick, Danny goes the route of using that pick in a trade for a proven Star. It could be someone else. 

Here's the thing, there are no stars available other than Love.

You want Carmelo?

No Sir, not really high on Carmelo but maybe another nice piece becomes available that Rondo can be used in. Either straight up or in a 3 way deal. Like Aldridge, Cousins, Monroe, Gasol or someone of that nature. I know I do not have the answers and it is only my opinion but all along I have thought that Ainge would dump the pick if he did not get one of the more sure things and possible Cornerstones {Parker, Wiggins, Embiid}. I also realize there are no "sure things" but these are the guys that seem to be Franchise type players. IMO after those three, there is a big drop off. Whatever we do, I sure hope it is the right thing becasue I am tired of "cheering to lose". Peace Fiercy. I respect your opinion and appreciate your knowledge but everybody on here is guessing.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

No Sir, not really high on Carmelo but maybe another nice piece becomes available that Rondo can be used in. Either straight up or in a 3 way deal. Like Aldridge, Cousins, Monroe, Gasol or someone of that nature. I know I do not have the answers and it is only my opinion but all along I have thought that Ainge would dump the pick if he did not get one of the more sure things and possible Cornerstones {Parker, Wiggins, Embiid}. I also realize there are no "sure things" but these are the guys that seem to be Franchise type players. IMO after those three, there is a big drop off. Whatever we do, I sure hope it is the right thing becasue I am tired of "cheering to lose". Peace Fiercy. I respect your opinion and appreciate your knowledge but everybody on here is guessing.

Here's the thing, back in 2007, even before the season ended, everybody already knew KG was going to be traded.

It was just a matter of where.

Right now only Carmelo will be available.

Greg Monroe is not worth it because we already have Oly and Sully.

Monroe is NOT a Center.

What about Gasol or Cousins {headcase I know} or Aldridge? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

True, are you still high on Gary Harris?

if so, lets hope Iowa St and MSU meet in the elite 8. DeAndre Kane/Harris will be a great matchup to see where he stands imo

If the Celts fall outside the top 4, I would go with Gary Harris.

He's NBA ready.

100% agree. Plays hard. Class act. Hope he's fit for NCCA. They have him projected as #10, right?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

What about Gasol or Cousins {headcase I know} or Aldridge? 

Before this season started, I made a thread about how the Celts could speed up the rebuilding process by trading for Aldridge.

Aldridge was unhappy at that time.

Right now Aldridge wants to stay with the Blazers.

Cousins was sort of available not so long ago.

But he already signed a max contract with the Kings.

That means he's the Kings' #1 guy.

There are very few impact players or star players in the NBA worth trading our lottery pick for.

But at this point in time, no one is available.

Best case scenario is the Celts get another lottery pick and build through the draft.

Just like what OKC did.

OKC got Durant and Jeff Green in 2007.

Ibaka and Westbrook in 2008.

Harden in 2009.

By 2012, the Thunder were already in the Finals.

I still say the best way to go is build through the draft.

Another possibility is trade Rondo for Nash and the player the Lakers get in the lottery this year.

This is the very first time I have seen a trade where I would even consider with the Lakers. I am sure Kobe would push for this and Lil Jimmy might be dumb enough to bite, especially with Kobe in his ear. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

This is the very first time I have seen a trade where I would even consider with the Lakers. I am sure Kobe would push for this and Lil Jimmy might be dumb enough to bite, especially with Kobe in his ear. 

Agree.

The Lakers invested 48m for Kobe to remain a Laker until 2016.

That means the Lakers are in a "win now" situation.

It won't make sense if the Lakers pair Kobe with a lottery pick.

Unless Jimmy Buss just signed Kobe so that Laker fans will keep coming to Laker games.

But if the Lakers are serious about winning, in the short term, they should trade their lottery pick for a veteran star player.

Do you think there is any chance at all of Kobe going to the Knicks or would the NBA put a stop to such a deal {Phil & Jeannie Buss}? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

We had picks 3 and 6 once and ended up with Ron Mercer and Chauncey Billups. Probably should have kept Billups in hindsight . A few more wins and we'll end up with numbers 8 and 20

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts