Best Celt at the break.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Best Celt at the break.

We are almost at the break and I was curious to get your folks comments. Who do you all think has had the best first half of the season as a Celtic. I don't think it is a easy choice. For whatever its worth, I will go with Ray. I think he has been the most consistent on the offensive end, and seems to have the best energy night in and night out. He also has not hit that yearly shooting slump yet. Maybe he won't have one this year. Again, it was not a easy choice for me, but I'll go with Ray.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Best Celt at the break.

The great sugar Ray, he's so great we even have an "indicator" to judge his feats!!  The epidemy of what a Celtic should be!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break.:
     The great sugar Ray, he's so great we even have an "indicator" to judge his feats!!  The epidemy of what a Celtic should be!!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Yeah, unfortunately a Celtic fan from Kentucky would trade Ray Allen for Danny Granger in a minute!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Such a hypocrite those Antoine Walker fans.

"If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player."

Re: What about Danny Granger?

posted at 2/18/2010 10:47 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 2/8/2011

If we could trade Ray for Granger, i would do it in a minute. Granger is a very good player. We just missed out on him in the Draft, the Pacers took him just in front of us, and we were left with Gerald Green. I have to admit at the time i liked it.

We've had a couple disagreements, i don't take it personal,i hope you don't.
     Being from Belgium, i'm going to call you a super Celtic fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Pierce has the slight edge over Ray right now. After 51 games Pierce has only had 2 games where he didn't score in double digits, Ray has 6 games where he didn't reach double digits in scoring. Pierce also has more assists, rebounds, and FT attempts than Ray after 51 games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I have to go with Ray Ray also. Although Garnett is our most valuble player.
    Posted by Kirk6

If i agree, will you reconsider about that Celtic cheerleader thing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. :  If i agree, will you reconsider about that Celtic cheerleader thing?
    Posted by kyceltic

Is that your subtle way of trying to kiss Kirk's butt?

HAHAHA!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Just trying to get some comments on what people think. No need for the Johnson Head antics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Ray is having his best year as a player.

The Best Celtic, is the engine that drives the team. KG as always.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Ray is having his best year as a player. The Best Celtic, is the engine that drives the team. KG as always.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Thanks TeamU, Did Ray or KG have a better 1st half of this season, in your opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Early season it was Rondo, then it was Pierce for a short while during Rondo's outage.  KG is obviously the fire on d but he's been out for a span and then his offense has suffered.

Through all of this Mr. Consistency was Ray.  Just like the Charlotte game and the Phoenix game.  I think Ray's not always as good as Paul nor as fiery as KG or as spectacular as Rondo.....he's just Mr. Consistency.  Ray is the most Consistent through it all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Ray all the way. his conditioning and work ethic should be models for all new players coming into the league to follow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

This is my unbias opinion, which of course is completely bias...hehe...but the truth of the matter is Ray Allen has been the best Celtic thus far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Paul Pierce hands down. Ray is effective because PP draws so much attention. Maybe someone should watch how Ray gets open. Paul is the one that sets a screen to get him open nearly every play. When Rondo was out who get the train rolling?  Well our SG couldn't play PG so we have to go to our SF.  Throws a triple double as well as other high assist games.  He also plays good defense helping out on Rondo's and Rays guy when they blow past them. Need rebounding?  Yes he steps up there when needed.  Open and shut case.  KG has supplied the defense and Paul supplies the offense. 

Paul Pierce = The True Celtic on this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You live by the 3 you die by it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Here is the Feb. games.  Match this year with last Feb.. for PP and Ray.

PP  --  2011  --  43% FG  --  14%  "3"'s  --  2.8 T/O  --  16.8 Pts.

RA  --  2011  --  53% FG  --  55%  "3"'s  --  1.3 T/O  --  20.5 PTS..

PP  --  2010  --  36% FG  --  25%  "3"'s  --  3.0 T/O  --  11.7 Pts..

RA  --  2010  --  50% FG  --  35%  "3"'s  --  1.8 T/O  --  20.0 PTS..

How many games will PP miss this year as he runs out of gas?  PP gets dinged in Feb., so Doc will rest him.

Ray has been steady and doesn't take games off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Here is the Feb. games.  Match this year with last Feb.. for PP and Ray. PP  --  2011  --  43% FG  --  14%  "3"'s  --  2.8 T/O  --  16.8 Pts. RA  --  2011  --  53% FG  --  55%  "3"'s  --  1.3 T/O  --  20.5 PTS.. PP  --  2010  --  36% FG  --  25%  "3"'s  --  3.0 T/O  --  11.7 Pts.. RA  --  2010  --  50% FG  --  35%  "3"'s  --  1.8 T/O  --  20.0 PTS.. How many games will PP miss this year as he runs out of gas?  PP gets dinged in Feb., so Doc will rest him. Ray has been steady and doesn't take games off.      
    Posted by CaptChris

Pierce only has 2 games where he didn't score in double figures. Ray has 6 games where he didn't score in double figures. 49 out of 51 games in double figures is more steady to me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Here is the Feb. games.  Match this year with last Feb.. for PP and Ray. PP  --  2011  --  43% FG  --  14%  "3"'s  --  2.8 T/O  --  16.8 Pts. RA  --  2011  --  53% FG  --  55%  "3"'s  --  1.3 T/O  --  20.5 PTS.. PP  --  2010  --  36% FG  --  25%  "3"'s  --  3.0 T/O  --  11.7 Pts.. RA  --  2010  --  50% FG  --  35%  "3"'s  --  1.8 T/O  --  20.0 PTS.. How many games will PP miss this year as he runs out of gas?  PP gets dinged in Feb., so Doc will rest him. Ray has been steady and doesn't take games off.      
    Posted by CaptChris

He took a few off during the finals last year as I recall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Clearly for me when you consider how he played last year. It is Garnett.  

With Pierce, Rondo and Ray just behind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Stepping back a bit, its nice to have to debate whether Paul, Ray, or KG is the best at the break.   That means the Big 3 are doing what we expected for the most part.  While I lean toward Ray as the best for the 1st half, I can easily see why someone would argue Paul or KG.  

The real issue is the opposite - who's disappointed us the most so far.  Its Rondo and Shaq and JON.  Early in the season, Rondo was magnificent.  Recently, only a couple of games where he's really shined.   If he were in the "who's best at the break" discussion, we have 3 or 4 more wins.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Stepping back a bit, its nice to have to debate whether Paul, Ray, or KG is the best at the break.   That means the Big 3 are doing what we expected for the most part.  While I lean toward Ray as the best for the 1st half, I can easily see why someone would argue Paul or KG.   The real issue is the opposite - who's disappointed us the most so far.  Its Rondo and Shaq and JON.  Early in the season, Rondo was magnificent.  Recently, only a couple of games where he's really shined.   If he were in the "who's best at the break" discussion, we have 3 or 4 more wins.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

disappointed = Bench

I know our bench has not been there for injury reasons. I wish Doc could have done a better job at incorporating our young guys. Luke, Semi, and even Bradley. I know don't knock doc. We do need some youth though and it isn't Nate. Don't get me going on Nate I might blow a gasket.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Looks like Ray in a landslide!!!    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Looks like Ray in a landslide!!!    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Very Doubtful KYTROLL.  . Ray needs Rondo and Paul and KG to be successful.  The others don't need Ray to be successful.  Hope Rays plays better this year in the playoffs if Fisher guards him.  If he does we have another championship.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. : Very Doubtful KYTROLL.  . Ray needs Rondo and Paul and KG to be successful.  The others don't need Ray to be successful.  Hope Rays plays better this year in the playoffs if Fisher guards him.  If he does we have another championship.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Maybe he can take them to the hall of fame when he goes in!! Stop being so negative

Sections
Shortcuts