Best Celt at the break.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Best Celt at the break.

In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break.:
    In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. : Very Doubtful KYTROLL.  . Ray needs Rondo and Paul and KG to be successful.  The others don't need Ray to be successful.  Hope Rays plays better this year in the playoffs if Fisher guards him.  If he does we have another championship.
    Posted by OneOnOne

But the question isn't whether or not Ray needs someone to get him the ball.  The question is who's best at the break.  Ray does need someone to get him the ball, but he is the most consistent.  Yes, P34, he's had 4 more games than Paul in single digits but he's shooting the best and doing it night in and night out.  

By the way, Paul is the only one of the bunch who gets his own shot.  His only issue is that he sometimes gets turnover prone and hasn't been consistently delivering "Paul Pierce" type numbers.   Rondo can't shoot and KG doesn't really get his own shot either.  That's the team strength, everyone passes and gets assists.  So the fact that everyone needs everyone else to pass them the ball in their spot is not a valid issue as to why Ray's not the best at the break. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. :  Maybe he can take them to the hall of fame when he goes in!! Stop being so negative
    Posted by kyceltic

Ray is fine, just want him to shoot better when it counts. I don't think Paul or KG need Ray to find the HOF.  They will both be there and both probably will get their numbers retired to the rafters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. : disappointed = Bench I know our bench has not been there for injury reasons. I wish Doc could have done a better job at incorporating our young guys. Luke, Semi, and even Bradley. I know don't knock doc. We do need some youth though and it isn't Nate. Don't get me going on Nate I might blow a gasket.  
    Posted by OneOnOne

Yes, the bench collectively has disappointed.  But, Luke, Semih, and Bradley are not high draft choices so you can't really expect them to step up on a championship calibre team.  I don't blame them nor Doc.  We simply don't have talent in the 3rd tier of the bench.  Its the second tier that's the issue (West = injured, Nate = inconsistent, BBD has performed well, Shaq/JON = injuries).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Rondo has been the best Celtic. He has the team shooting over 50 percent, and sets up his teammates for open shots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. : He took a few off during the finals last year as I recall.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Please comments on only the first half of this season. Thx.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rondo has been the best Celtic. He has the team shooting over 50 percent, and sets up his teammates for open shots.
    Posted by notrade

I love Rondo, my man.  I think he's the right guard for this team and gets people good shots in their spots.  However, he's been off his game for a few weeks now.  He's been "good", but not great.  In some instances, he's been lethargic.  He had that great game against the Magic but remember before that, he had a so so game at best against Dallas and he followed up the Magic with a so so game against Charlotte.  He's been only "ok" over the past few weeks and he's been hurt a lot.  I don't know how you can rate him the best over the 1st half given the time he missed earlier this year, how he played when injured before they finally sat him down, and how he's playing the last couple of weeks.

He'll be fine for the playoffs, but for the 1st half, he's been inconsistent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. : I love Rondo, my man.  I think he's the right guard for this team and gets people good shots in their spots.  However, he's been off his game for a few weeks now.  He's been "good", but not great.  In some instances, he's been lethargic.  He had that great game against the Magic but remember before that, he had a so so game at best against Dallas and he followed up the Magic with a so so game against Charlotte.  He's been only "ok" over the past few weeks and he's been hurt a lot.  I don't know how you can rate him the best over the 1st half given the time he missed earlier this year, how he played when injured before they finally sat him down, and how he's playing the last couple of weeks. He'll be fine for the playoffs, but for the 1st half, he's been inconsistent.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

We hope he'll be fine for the playoffs. I don't know if you can say for certain, that he'll be fine for the playoffs!!  He's capable of being great in the playoffs!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Can't discount Rondo also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Best Celtic,... not the best half?

Ray, Paul, and Rondo are tied for the best half. All are playing at a high level.

Best Celtic? KG. He is they guy that drives the defense, and makes all of the other stars play an unselfish, pick your poison offense. Without his leadership, The Celtics are the Miami Heat, only older.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

Let's just hope that Ray Allen will continue play well until the playoffs and hopefully the Finals. 

This love/hate relationship between Ray and the fans here is like a roller coaster ride. When Ray is playing poorly trade him for Danny Granger. But if he's playing well he's the best Celtic ever. Duh!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Cool, Thanks for all your folks thoughts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Chalk me up also as a vote for ray, followed by KG and Pierce evenly at a close second.  I don't know, but I get the feeling that Rondo is biding his time a bit and picking his spots, trying to play through the arch or whatever problems he is having.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Isn't it great to have so many choices?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Isn't it great to have so many choices?
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Exactly!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

II n Response to Re: Best Celt at the break.:
    In Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. : Please comments on only the first half of this season. Thx.
    Posted by OneNation

I am sorry, I thought I could post anything I wanted after I turned 50.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Let's just hope that Ray Allen will continue play well until the playoffs and hopefully the Finals.  This love/hate relationship between Ray and the fans here is like a roller coaster ride. When Ray is playing poorly trade him for Danny Granger. But if he's playing well he's the best Celtic ever. Duh!
    Posted by BigBaby11

I think that was KY that wanted to trade Ray for Granger

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

II n Response to Re: Best Celt at the break. : I am sorry, I thought I could post anything I wanted after I turned 50.
    Posted by OneOnOne

My apologizes...and I'm the jerk always railing about Freedom of Speech...again, my apoligizes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If it wasn't for Doink and Dinks votes pierce wouldn't have a vote!!!   HAHAHA

Sections
Shortcuts