Best Closer In The NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Re: Best Closer In The NBA

The Lakers beat the kings.  So does this mean in a few years the refs are going to come out and admit they threw the game to LA?

2002*

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Re: Best Closer In The NBA:
    [QUOTE]Karllost, I guess you are not a thinker.  If you were, last night you would've noticed there was something on the line(i.e. first round matchup with NO who have no starting center and the Lakers have 4-0 season series adv).  Shooting is his game and he does a lot of it, but when it comes time to close the door on a team he is the best in the business.  Since Boston fans have pinned Kobe ball hog lets compare him with what is considered the best in the NBA this year, Derrick Rose of the Bulls.  Kobe has a better field goal percentage and has played in all 82 games this year!  One last thought Karllost, Kobe has 5 Championship Rings and does anyone on the Boston Celtics even come close? 
    Posted by tonyxx[/QUOTE]
    Ummm Shaq has 4 and he personally handed Kobe 3 of his and then went and won one for Dwayne Wade in Miami. Its like the earlier poster said and you ignored, Kobe takes almost every shot down the stretch of games. He is a great player so once in a while they are bound to go in but you have to admit he is a ball hog.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]MinnesotaCelticsFan,  That is some ESPN closer rating article. Tell me the last time ray allen or tim duncan closed a game out that was meaningful?  Heck, jason terry is pretty clutch too, against the timberwolves in december, but I'll take Kobe any day over anyone else come May and June.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]
    Are you kidding me? WHEN IS THE LAST TIME RAY ALLEN OR TIM DUNCAN CLOSED A GAME OUT!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Typical LA BS.

Just because he takes all of the last shots, and sometimes makes them, you guys buy the marketed image.

ESPN found the Kobe was only successful about 25% of the time when taking shots with less than 24 seconds left and the game was on the line. Allen was tops in the NBA at above 60%, Duncan was second, and both Pierce and KG had better closing percentages than Kobe.

There were various threads on the topic some time ago.

b12,

Is this your first year watching the NBA? Duncan and company have been very successfull, and Allen as well. Look it up. 

Time to go, my job is not to edjucate newbees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]Typical LA BS. Just because he takes all of the last shots, and sometimes makes them, you guys buy the marketed image. ESPN found the Kobe was only successful about 25% of the time when taking shots with less than 24 seconds left and the game was on the line. Allen was tops in the NBA at above 60%, Duncan was second, and both Pierce and KG had better closing percentages than Kobe. There were various threads on the topic some time ago. b12, Is this your first year watching the NBA? Duncan and company have been very successfull, and Allen as well. Look it up.  Time to go, my job is not to edjucate newbees.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]
    You didn't read the prior posts I was responding (sarcastically)to someone who said that. Seeing as Duncan and Allen are some of the most clutch players of their generation.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Sorry B12,

I was doing three things at once. ...apologies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]The best closer in the NBA closed the case by settling out of court. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Good come back Sybil.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Closer In The NBA : But Laker fans prefer a basketball player that can rape and throw gay slurs at the refs. Our Big 3 can never do those things!

Try to stay focused Sybil. This is a BASKETBALL FORUM...where all things BASKETBALL are discussed.

Truly a sad, pathetic person.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]MinnesotaCelticsFan,  That is some ESPN closer rating article. Tell me the last time ray allen or tim duncan closed a game out that was meaningful?  Heck, jason terry is pretty clutch too, against the timberwolves in december, but I'll take Kobe any day over anyone else come May and June.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Well said Tayshawn. The key is...in "meaningful situations".

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Closer In The NBA : You've been strangely absent during the 5 game losing streak. Great job on closing out.... the Kings.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Laker-Nation...I got your back.

I've been posting and harassing the Green.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Closer In The NBA : As soon as I saw this thread title I wondered how fast a bottom dweller would make a "rapist" reference. You did not disappoint, Fiercest34.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Flobus, you've been on this board enough times to know that Sybil doesn't post any "original" thoughts.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Closer In The NBA : So tell me, Qdaddy, Kobe calling the ref a  f a g  is not basketball related?

Does it have anything to do with the outcome of a basketball game? No.

It just gives you added fodder to make when you don't have anything intelligent to say, which is about 90% of the time. Like references to a court case that occurred well in the past and didn't result in jail time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Larry Bird... of all time

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Closer In The NBA : That's not nice. I thought you said this is a basketball forum. Why are you harassing the posters on this board?  I hope you realize that you just admitted that you're trolling.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet) In   Internet slang , a   troll   is someone who posts inflammatory,   extraneous , or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an   online discussion forum ,   chat room , or   blog , with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired   emotional response [ 1 ]   or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Trolls? What trolls?

But since you brought it up, most of your "unoriginal" posts tend to be "inflammatory" and "off-topic". I guess that makes you a troll on your own forum.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Closer In The NBA : WRONG! Kobe got a technical, right? So the opponent shot free-throws right? If it was a close game that FT could have changed the outcome of the game right? I hope you're not saying that Kobe didn't get a technical foul in that incident, are you? Kobe didn't get jail time because he paid up, right? Come on, Qdaddy, it is what it is.

Did it affect the outcome? I didn't think so.

Hello, McFly!! It was EIGHT YEARS AGO!! When you don't have an INTELLIGENT response, you revert to the past (as if that's really going to hurt us). That's the type of response a 10 year old would make. You're not 10 are you?

Stay with me Sybil.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Closer In The NBA : Qdaddy, you said it yourself, all things basketball are discussed on this forum. So why won't you answer the question if it was right for Kobe to call the ref a  f a g?

Just curious P34, who is the Celtics best closer in your opinion?