Best Laid Plans.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Best Laid Plans.....

Danny's grand plan was to have a strong enough bench that the starters would not have to play so many minutes and be fresh for the playoffs while also going for home court advantage in the playoffs.  So what happens:

o Shaq does his "I'm hurt" thing for half the games
    o JON's knee was bad all along and he puts off surgery and misses more than half the season
    o freak accident puts Delonte West out for most of the season
    o pre-existing condition puts Marquis out for who knows how long and may end his career
    o Semih's injured shoulder puts him out for every other game and who knows if he'll ever be consistent for Celts this season
    o Nate hurts his knee on a stupid play (who knows the prognosis?)

All the young guys get hurt and the old starters are having to play too many minutes.....being tired in back to backs and at the end of games.  Who knew Danny's plan wasn't a good one.  I thought they built a good bench but everyone gets hurt.  How many hits can this team take.

Different players, same story as last year.  Let's hope we can get healthy by playoff time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Best Laid Plans.....

Getting everyone healthy is the key, but I think Danny needs to make a trade. Wafer played well in extended minutes, so Nate is expendable. Danny has got to pull the trigger on a trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The good thing about this recent struggle is it will force Danny Ainge to make a move. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Delonte coming back, will help tremendously. If, and it's a big if, JON can come back and play like he is capable,We will be in the hunt!!

If Danny could somehow, pick up Posey, Battier, or Grant Hill, i would feel much better about our chances.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

sooo bc of some freak injuries, Danny's had a bad plan?? no. his plan was perfect, it just didnt work out the way he planned. that happens..things dont go as planned. i do agree that we may need a move for a swing man, but i dont think that means getting rid of Nate unless you have to. i still think we should hold out to see how he plays without being the primary ballhandler.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

we could really use either:

A. Tayshaun Price
    B. Shane Battier

both can be had. Bradley and our 1st round pick could really help us land a solid veteran like that to replace Quis. Id plan on being without Quis the rest of the way. Thats a horrible injury he suffered and we cannot rush him back and who knows how he would play even if comes back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Best Laid Plans.....:
    [QUOTE]sooo bc of some freak injuries, Danny's had a bad plan?? no. his plan was perfect, it just didnt work out the way he planned. that happens..things dont go as planned. i do agree that we may need a move for a swing man, but i dont think that means getting rid of Nate unless you have to. i still think we should hold out to see how he plays without being the primary ballhandler.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I did not say he had a bad plan. I was lamenting that who could have guessed we would have all these injuries.  In fact, my point is that a good plan can be ruined with injuries and its not the injuries to the old starters, its to the young guys.

That's the point. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Best Laid Plans.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best Laid Plans..... : I did not say he had a bad plan. I was lamenting that who could have guessed we would have all these injuries.  In fact, my point is that a good plan can be ruined with injuries and its not the injuries to the old starters, its to the young guys. That's the point. 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

in that case..very good point. lol

Sections
Shortcuts