Best move for Celtics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Best move for Celtics?

Since it appears Darko is gone, what's the best move...trade or FA to find a big?

I say go after Kenyon Martin. The intensity he brings will be a complement along with KG's intensity.

I would definitely want Gortat but if the price is too steep, wait for Josh Smith or someone else as the deadline gets closer.

Doc still has to play whomever is brought it. I gt tired of signing all these guys every year and then Doc reverts to playing 5-7 guys and then by the playoffs guys are dragging or beat up. DEVELOP A BENCH and VALUE YOUR BIG MEN!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Best move for Celtics?

Gortat is grossly overpaid though and that would be desperate move but at this point it may be necessary. I still think we should have retained Hollins. He wasnt a great rebounder but atleast he had size and hustle. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gortat is grossly overpaid though and that would be desperate move but at this point it may be necessary. I still think we should have retained Hollins. He wasnt a great rebounder but atleast he had size and hustle. 

[/QUOTE]

How can Gortat be overpaid when he's only earning 7.2m this season?

He's going to only get 7.7m next season. 

Perk is paid more than what Gortat is getting.

[/QUOTE]

well if you havent noticed, most NBA players are overpaid. I dont think Perk is worth half the money he got. What kind of presence has he been??  After the first couple of months of teamates ravings of his leadership, its been not much. So I get your point but I dont think many players deserve what they are paid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

That being said, Its not MY money so if he is the guy they want, then do it because this current team will get pushed around all day!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Gortat isn't overpaid.  7 million for a true center in the NBA is a steal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I would be thrilled if DA can get Gortat.  Problem is you have to give to get, and I am not sure I would want to relinquish Sully, Green or Bradley.  If it's some combination of Melo, Lee, Bass and draft picks, then I'd do it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would be thrilled if DA can get Gortat.  Problem is you have to give to get, and I am not sure I would want to relinquish Sully, Green or Bradley.  If it's some combination of Melo, Lee, Bass and draft picks, then I'd do it. 

[/QUOTE]

Lee and Bass or Melo would be a no brainer.  KG obviously goes back to PF if Gortat comes so Bass would be irrelevant.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lee and Bass or Melo would be a no brainer.  KG obviously goes back to PF if Gortat comes so Bass would be irrelevant.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say that KG is one of the best centers in the league?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. He is. He is also one of the best Power forwards in the league. Gortat is a better center than Bass is a PF. so if they got Gortat KG goes to PF.

You get this right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this is true I guess. I thought he was making much more than that for some reason. I guess if Green is worth 9 milly then...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this is true I guess. I thought he was making much more than that for some reason. I guess if Green is worth 9 milly then...

[/QUOTE]

I get your point.  They are all overpaid. But if Gortat was on the open market he would get ten million per. there are only a few true centers out there nowadays.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That would be a good trade for the Celtics.   KG would probably be happier to play at the PF position again.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

As I said in the other post. Bypass Gortat..............the answer is staring everyone in the face. Kenyin Martin. Will play for the vet min., dont need to trade ANYONE or any assets for him. Will play for vet min(Milicic's contract). Plays with an EDGE, great defender with good offensive skill set. Can play at an all-star level for 10-15 minutes a game.....thats all we need.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Gorttat and Martin combo makes us instant contenders...and our center position is set for years to come...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say that KG is one of the best centers in the league?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. He is. He is also one of the best Power forwards in the league. Gortat is a better center than Bass is a PF. so if they got Gortat KG goes to PF.

You get this right?

[/QUOTE]

KG was one of the best power forwards. It is highly debatable that he has ever been one oif the better centers in the league. The main reason why I use the word "was" is because he obviously cannot rebound, as can be said about the other Celtics bigs. And let's not forget that rebounding is a basic fundamental that all basketball players should do well, especially professional players.

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you go too far and then it just seems like you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Which I don't think is your intent.  There really isn't any point arguing whether or not Garnett is "one of the best" pf's and  or Centers in the NBA. Gasol is also one of the best. 

Seriously dude. Pull it together. Per 36 minutes he is at 19.3 points a game and 9.4 boards and is shooting over 50 percent and as everyone knows is one of the best defensive bigs ever.  Gasol per  36 minutes is at 14 points a game and 9.2 boards a game and he is shooting at 44 percent.

So yeah.  anyway.  what were we talking about again?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As I said in the other post. Bypass Gortat..............the answer is staring everyone in the face. Kenyin Martin. Will play for the vet min., dont need to trade ANYONE or any assets for him. Will play for vet min(Milicic's contract). Plays with an EDGE, great defender with good offensive skill set. Can play at an all-star level for 10-15 minutes a game.....thats all we need.

[/QUOTE]

I am not against bringing him in.  He is a terrible offensive player though and has some attitude problems that we need to be mindful of going in.  With Gortat and Martin the toughness issue would be solved however.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since it appears Darko is gone, what's the best move...trade or FA to find a big?

I say go after Kenyon Martin. The intensity he brings will be a complement along with KG's intensity.

I would definitely want Gortat but if the price is too steep, wait for Josh Smith or someone else as the deadline gets closer.

Doc still has to play whomever is brought it. I gt tired of signing all these guys every year and then Doc reverts to playing 5-7 guys and then by the playoffs guys are dragging or beat up. DEVELOP A BENCH and VALUE YOUR BIG MEN!!

[/QUOTE]

Celts fans complain both ways at the same time:  

Doc doesn't play young guys!   Wait, Why do Bradley, Davis, Rondo, Sully, Green, Delonte, Gomes, etc look so bad in their first year?  Could it be he's developing young guys?  Wait, they developed and we love them.  No, wait - we hate them!

Doc must develop a bench.  Doesn't matter how many injuries there were to the bench.  Shaq, JON, Delonte, Kristc, Perk, Green all injured but Doc must play Murphy, Arroyo, and other castoffs and beat Miami, right?

Doc - this year, you're playin Rondo, Pierce, Sully, Bass, KG, Green, Lee, Terry, Barbosa, and Wilcox.  dam it Doc, that's only 10 players......that's not developing the bench!

wait..we're losing.  Why can't we win with all the new players playing all thes minutes?

This is how we sound....back and forth every game.  Make up your mind.  As he develops the bench, not everyone will get minutes - do the math.  We will also lose a lot as they develop.   We can't have it all ways when we have no young center nor rebounding power forward.  Doc is trying to develop a team with what Danny gave him.   Have some patience.

and by the way, when we get to the playoffs, we SHOULD shorten the rotation to 8 players for the bulk of the minutes!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Celts fans complain both ways at the same time:  

Doc doesn't play young guys!   Wait, Why do Bradley, Davis, Rondo, Sully, Green, Delonte, Gomes, etc look so bad in their first year?  Could it be he's developing young guys?  Wait, they developed and we love them.  No, wait - we hate them!

Doc must develop a bench.  Doesn't matter how many injuries there were to the bench.  Shaq, JON, Delonte, Kristc, Perk, Green all injured but Doc must play Murphy, Arroyo, and other castoffs and beat Miami, right?

Doc - this year, you're playin Rondo, Pierce, Sully, Bass, KG, Green, Lee, Terry, Barbosa, and Wilcox.  dam it Doc, that's only 10 players......that's not developing the bench!

wait..we're losing.  Why can't we win with all the new players playing all thes minutes?

This is how we sound....back and forth every game.  Make up your mind.  As he develops the bench, not everyone will get minutes - do the math.  We will also lose a lot as they develop.   We can't have it all ways when we have no young center nor rebounding power forward.  Doc is trying to develop a team with what Danny gave him.   Have some patience.

and by the way, when we get to the playoffs, we SHOULD shorten the rotation to 8 players for the bulk of the minutes!

[/QUOTE]

Wait, you gorgot "Doc only plays small line ups", and "Doc and Danny don't like white guys".

ugh...that's more like it...lol