BEST OPTION: Grant Hill, Channing Frye and Josh Childress headed to Boston...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: BEST OPTION: Grant Hill, Channing Frye and Josh Childress headed to Boston...

it sounds OK, but you dont wanna give up too much of your future just for a couple of months. i do like Frye..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: BEST OPTION: Grant Hill, Channing Frye and Josh Childress headed to Boston...

Doesnt' JO have TWO years on his contract?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd prefer to do just a Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer and a 2nd rd pick for Grant Hill swap. That being when West comes back and proves he is healthy. The money is exactly even.

It would be like when we traded fan fav Walter McCarty to Phoenix for a 2nd rd pick in '05 as they revved up for a playoff run. Hill has taken less money to stay there the past few years based on his loyalty

I don't think our franchise would go anywhere near the 50 million owed Childress/Frye over the next 4 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

That makes more sense, as grant and marquis would be more interchangable.  Vaugn would fit in well with phoenix methinks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If ownership is pretty resigned to losing Big Baby after the season and could swap JON for Frye... maybe i'd consider that... i'd pay Baby 7-8 million a year personally... but if he wants 9-10 and Wyc/DA won't go beyond 5-6 then the gap may be too big.

Frye is a finesse guy. I guess if we have Shaq, Perk and KG around him next year we'd have enough frontcourt toughness/D to cover that up since he'd only play 24-28 mins.  He prob wouldn't be in the playoff rotation this season.

He'd give you the same 18-21 foot jumper as Baby... you'd sacrifice BBD's body banging layups... but have a longer guy who can run with Rondo and get above the rim... you'd have  a range out to 3's (hopefully closer to his 43% in '10 and not his 38% in '11)... Baby prob averages the same # of charges as Frye does blocks and vice versa so that is a wash... they rebound at the same rate, maybe Frye is a bit better, but he's also almost 3 years older.

I'd say they are about even.

If Frye was going to be a 45/40/80% guy giving you 10p-6r-1b next year in 26-28 mins and then a 15-8-1.5 in 32-34 mins the 3 years after that I'd say it is worth paying him 26-27 million over 4 years instead of Baby 40-45 million over 5.

I'd wonder what it does to our cap space after '12. but it would appear to be the same chunk of $ we'd have to give Baby

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Childress is atrocious, 0-9 on 3's. 56% from the line and 5 points and 3 rebounds in 17 mins? If we are getting Hill to backup Pierce and have DWest to play PG and guard SG's then I'd rather have Nate OR Marquis @ SG then Childress.

That is before you consider he is owed like 30 million...yikes!

I think since Hill is pretty much a lot like Daniels... only slightly better all around (taller more of a true SF, better on 3's, better passer, more poise, better rebounder, etc) and we could slide him into that spot, you trade Marquis over Nate.. esp since the $ works better.

I think a DWest-Nate-Hill-Baby-Shaq/Perk bench would be nasty heading into the postseason

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I like my idea best:

Nate, Avery OR our '12 1st rd pick and Jermaine O'Neal to Detroit

Ben Gordon to Boston

same player as Nate (only better) so he fits in easily

Detroit saves 25 million and adds either Bradley or a pick replace the talent loss in Gordon.

Then:

Wafer, 'Quis and '11 2nd rd pick to Phoenix

Grant Hill to Boston, Hill is like Marquis...only better

Hill woudl have to ask for this type of move to a contender, PHX to be nice enough to oblige him and picks up a 2nd rd pick for their troubles, $ is even.

So by playoff time the starting 5 that has neve rlost a playoff series is hopefully healthy and ready to roll...

then the bench is DWest-Gordon-Hill-Baby-Shaq, pretty scary crew

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I wouldn't give up Erden, if they want JON and his two year MLE, a #1, Bradley, Nate or any combo of the above, great! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ben Gordon or Grant Hill would be good but I'm not sure anyone wants our junk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: BEST OPTION: Grant Hill, Channing Frye and Josh Childress headed to Boston...:
    [QUOTE]Ben Gordon or Grant Hill would be good but I'm not sure anyone wants our junk.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

the ability to save 25 million and add either Bradley (a 20 yr old #19 pick) or a future #1 is not junk

the ability to give a classy vet who signed for less thinking he had a shot to win one last chance at a title... when $ is a wash and you pick up a 2nd rd pick.... is also not junk

you just have to wonder if anyone else can give DET/PHX a better deal... meaning save them more money or a higher pick in the draft...

...b/c nobody is giving up equal talent based on their 2011 seasons for Gordon who is owed 37.2 million the next 3 years and Hill who is 37 years old

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: BEST OPTION: Grant Hill, Channing Frye and Josh Childress headed to Boston...:
    [QUOTE]I'd prefer to do just a Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer and a 2nd rd pick for Grant Hill swap. That being when West comes back and proves he is healthy. The money is exactly even. It would be like when we traded fan fav Walter McCarty to Phoenix for a 2nd rd pick in '05 as they revved up for a playoff run. Hill has taken less money to stay there the past few years based on his loyalty I don't think our franchise would go anywhere near the 50 million owed Childress/Frye over the next 4 years.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Sounds plausable...Hill would be a nice fit...

Danny tried for Hill before...

Would Hill be open for a trade for 3 months?

Is he signed for next year? If not he could go back to Nash Land...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BEST OPTION: Grant Hill, Channing Frye and Josh Childress headed to Boston... : the ability to save 25 million and add either Bradley (a 20 yr old #19 pick) or a future #1 is not junk the ability to give a classy vet who signed for less thinking he had a shot to win one last chance at a title... when $ is a wash and you pick up a 2nd rd pick.... is also not junk you just have to wonder if anyone else can give DET/PHX a better deal... meaning save them more money or a higher pick in the draft... ...b/c nobody is giving up equal talent based on their 2011 seasons for Gordon who is owed 37.2 million the next 3 years and Hill who is 37 years old

What can they do with JON & Nate? What makes Bradley so attractive to them?

We can't get squat for JON because he won't/can't play. Nate isn't enough to warrant this type of trade. Bradley is an unknown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BEST OPTION: Grant Hill, Channing Frye and Josh Childress headed to Boston... : What can they do with JON & Nate? What makes Bradley so attractive to them? We can't get squat for JON because he won't/can't play. Nate isn't enough to warrant this type of trade. Bradley is an unknown.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Gordan has complained of the Pistons situation and said he did not sign on for this... and he is not playing very well b/c he is a guy that loves to win and his fire is based on those big moments.. which is why I'd want to try and 'steal him' and assume he'd give us something more than Nate did last year in his 3 big playoff games but somewhat less than he gave the Bulls in their epic 7 gamer w/ us (b/c we'd have ray getting most of the mins).. maybe like  a solid 7-8ppg in 5-7 playoff games and some 14-17 point explosions in 8-10 of them.

Ben is owed 37 million over the next 3 years and unless he plays for a winner and gets motivated he won't be earning that type of $. Few teams will have the space or desire to add that kind of salary.People said he wa sslightly overpaid coming off multiple 25+ point games in '09. Shouldn't Detroit be looking to free up $ and get into the top 5 of the lotto over keeping guys like Gordon and Prince that get them the 8th-12th pick?

Detroit saves themselves 25 million in this deal... maybe they don't value the unknown Bradley... which is why I said  'or a '12 #1'.... that or Avery at least gives them something for someone who doesn't want to be there when the point is the monster $ savings.

It is more than fair. I'd like to see who would trump it but I left that as an open possibility.

The chances are great that Wyc wouldn't want to fill up the cap space we have after '12 (prob only like 8-9 million) w/ an overpaid-undersized SG. But I think he'd be a good option to put us over the top the next 2 years and replace Ray down the road...much better than Avery or Nate will/would be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Why the obsession with Hill. Too injury prone, I wouldn't go down that road. Remember some wanted McGrady?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rame,
    Might your trade have ANYthing to do with Gordon being from UCONN?    :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Hill already turned down Boston!!!!  Why would he want to come here to come off the bench?  Isn't Gordon starting, too?  Again, if so, why would he want to come of the bench?  What I dont get is why are folks wanting to trade for starter and think just because it's Boston and they have a chance to win a ring, that they would want to come of the bench.  I scratch my head at the audacity of so folks wanting a super team.  They are fine just the way they are.  There is no wiggle room for getting anyone of significance and no need to blow up the bench for washed up starters looking to get a ring.  We have a nice mixture of vets and youngsters on our bench, who I believe can get it done!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Rame, Might your trade have ANYthing to do with Gordon being from UCONN?    :)
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

haha

I was at UConn my 1st year w/ Rip and El-Amin and then my last year was Gordon and Okafor's 1st... but yeah I am always a lil bias towards UConn players

I totally see Gordon as an upgrade to Nate who would fit into that same role...

I'd rather have a bunch of non-UConn players for that role as well, but I don't see Steph Curry, Jason Terry, Monta Ellis, Jamal Crawford, Aaron Brooks, Tyreke Evans or Nick Young being given to us for the same package we can swipe Ben Gordon:-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Hill already turned down Boston!!!!  Why would he want to come here to come off the bench?  Isn't Gordon starting, too?  Again, if so, why would he want to come of the bench?  What I dont get is why are folks wanting to trade for starter and think just because it's Boston and they have a chance to win a ring, that they would want to come of the bench.  I scratch my head at the audacity of so folks wanting a super team.  They are fine just the way they are.  There is no wiggle room for getting anyone of significance and no need to blow up the bench for washed up starters looking to get a ring.  We have a nice mixture of vets and youngsters on our bench, who I believe can get it done!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    Agree about winning with who the Celts currently have.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Hill already turned down Boston!!!!  Why would he want to come here to come off the bench?  Isn't Gordon starting, too?  Again, if so, why would he want to come of the bench?  What I dont get is why are folks wanting to trade for starter and think just because it's Boston and they have a chance to win a ring, that they would want to come of the bench.  I scratch my head at the audacity of so folks wanting a super team.  They are fine just the way they are.  There is no wiggle room for getting anyone of significance and no need to blow up the bench for washed up starters looking to get a ring.  We have a nice mixture of vets and youngsters on our bench, who I believe can get it done!

Yes Hill took 2 million more than we had to give him play in PHX this year when he thought they would contend... yawn... what does that have to do with his 8 seeded club stinking in Feb?

Now they have no shot and he won't make any less money to come here and try to win a title... so why wouldn't he accept a trade? He's been known as one of the classiest players in history, a Ray Allen type, I doubt he would like to waste his last or 2nd to last season ever on a one and done playoff team just to play 8-12 more mins a game and start... c'mon.

Gordon has already said he wants out of Detroit, he wants badly to win, he may rub people the wrong way and has a game not all like (kinda the same game Nate has only MUCH better) but he prirotizes winning over anything, a VERY driven player... he's guaranteed his 37 million the next 3 years and to start for the last two of those seasons when Ray is either gone or a 38-39 yr old bench player...

So why would he not jump at the chance to come here?

please jdm, think these things through logically before you respond hysterically with !!!!! points when both those trade ideas make a heck of a lot of sense for both teams and the incoming players involved

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES TO MY POST !

Just thought I'd throw this one out.

I live in the 602 and the talk out here is that the Suns are about to blow up their roster. Grant Hill and Nash will choose where they want to go and everyone else on the roster (other than Gortat, Dudley and Dragic) is available.

the owner out here, Robert Sarver has been unfairly labeled as cheap. He offered Joe Johnson huge money to stay on the best team of the Nash era, and JJ chose to leave for last place Atlanta and a few bucks more.

He was paying Amare big money and not winning anything and the perception is that Amare went "Jay Cutler" way too many times out here, not playing thru common aches and pains....

Since the team is not gonna win the title this season (or next) , the word is the Suns are looking to unload everyone and go with minimum wage or short money players.

Grant Hill could be had by himself for the right mix of players, and the Suns wanted Harangody BADLY on draft night.

But I thought I'd stir the pot and see what you guys thought. I'd love to see Grant Hill and Channing Frye in green, and don't forget about Michael Pietrius....he killed us when he played for Orlando, and I think he'd be more valuable on the playoff roster than Nate (I like Nate a lot) , with the size to cover LeBron, Wade, Turkulu, Jason Richardson, as well as give us some Paul Pierce insurance...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

jdm894g, great post. I love the way you think.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BEST OPTION: Grant Hill, Channing Frye and Josh Childress headed to Boston... : Yes Hill took 2 million more than we had to give him play in PHX this year when he thought they would contend... yawn... what does that have to do with his 8 seeded club stinking in Feb? Now they have no shot and he won't make any less money to come here and try to win a title... so why wouldn't he accept a trade? He's been known as one of the classiest players in history, a Ray Allen type, I doubt he would like to waste his last or 2nd to last season ever on a one and done playoff team just to play 8-12 more mins a game and start... c'mon. Gordon has already said he wants out of Detroit, he wants badly to win, he may rub people the wrong way and has a game not all like (kinda the same game Nate has only MUCH better) but he prirotizes winning over anything, a VERY driven player... he's guaranteed his 37 million the next 3 years and to start for the last two of those seasons when Ray is either gone or a 38-39 yr old bench player... So why would he not jump at the chance to come here? please jdm, think these things through logically before you respond hysterically with !!!!! points when both those trade ideas make a heck of a lot of sense for both teams and the incoming players involved

Maybe he likes Arizona.  You ever been there. Its a golfers dream and I believe Hill loves golf.  Happiness is worth a lot to some people.  Not sure if Hill cares about a championship or not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Haven't you figured it out yet?   We need to make some trades to screw up our chemistry and start losing more. Then when we get knocked out of the playoffs we can start throwing blame around on what a dumb trade Danny made and blow our team up.  Then we can start with some "real" trade scenarios as we try to get back to where we are right now.

Sections
Shortcuts