Best SG in the NBA Today

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Best SG in the NBA Today

In Response to Best SG in the NBA Today:
    [QUOTE]Dwyane Wade, not Kobe. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-110726/shooting-guard-ratings
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

When Wade wins 5 he can come into the equation, until then he's on the 'I wanna be like Kobe' list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

If the number of rings is the basis for a player's greatness then Kobe Bryant is only half as great as Bill Russell. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Kobe was the best player on two NBA champions, no other elite shooting guard today can claim as much. So he is the man.

Of course Jordan was the best player on Six NBA champions, so alltime it is a slam dunk. But today, you have to go with Kobe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Best SG in the NBA Today:
    [QUOTE]Kobe was the best player on two NBA champions, no other elite shooting guard today can claim as much. So he is the man. Of course Jordan was the best player on Six NBA champions, so alltime it is a slam dunk. But today, you have to go with Kobe.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

Id have to disagree with that.

The last two Lakers championship finals, Kobe was far from bewing the man. Gasol was clearly the #1 and it wasnt even close. If anything, Kobe a liability in the Celtic series. Attrocious actually.

He's certainly recognized as Da Man on the Lakers cause of his longevity, scoring bursts  and media hype over the years. However, if you wanna be objective about the championship finals, Shaq was Da Man for 3, Gasol was Da Man for at least one other imo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

It's ironic the troll used ESPN to declare Magic Johnson as the best PG of all time but refuses to acknowledge ESPN's declaration of Dwyane Wade as being the best SG in the NBA today.Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

But the one with the prettiest shot, hands down, is Ray Allen.  :-)

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I agree with DWade - today, MJ - all time. And RA honorable mention in Artistic category.

AK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Tony Allen?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Ray gay? Muahahahahahahahaha, never has, never will be an elite player. Can't defend, cant beat players off the dribble, poor passer, even worse rebounder but apart from those MAJOR flaws he's serviceable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

I have never seen Wade or Jordan score 81 points in a game. Not even Russell for that matter.  Cool

I'm just sayin'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Still think Bryant is the best right now.

All-time, let's not forget West and Sam Jones (owner of 10 rings).  They are in the discussion after Jordan and Bryant!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]Ray gay? Muahahahahahahahaha, never has, never will be an elite player. Can't defend, cant beat players off the dribble, poor passer, even worse rebounder but apart from those MAJOR flaws he's serviceable.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

All I said was that Ray had the prettiest shot.  Nothing more, nothing less.  And I stand by it.  You haven't seen artistry until you've sat at courtside and seen Ray hoist and make a long three-pointer right in front of you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]I have never seen Wade or Jordan score 81 points in a game. Not even Russell for that matter.   I'm just sayin'
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

Are you now the latest incarnation of RicoCeltic?

Just askin'.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Number6Fan, RicoCeltic is a Celtic fan. I am clearly a fan of the GREATEST franchise in the NBA. It's not brain surgery.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]Number6Fan, RicoCeltic is a Celtic fan. I am clearly a fan of the GREATEST franchise in the NBA. It's not brain surgery.

Rico is not, has never been, and will never be a Celtics fan.  That masquerade was seen through after about 5 posts.

Just sayin'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Well, I could really care less.  I read all of his post, and he always gave respect to the Lakers and the Celtics. It was just DA that he despised, and as a Celtic fan, who could really blame him. I'm just sayin'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Rico was a class act! Miss his enlightened posts, wish he'd make a return.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

[QUOTE]Rico was a class act! Miss his enlightened posts, wish he'd make a return.

Yes, he was the 1 and only Celtic fan that deserved some respect.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]Rico was a class act! Miss his enlightened posts, wish he'd make a return.

Must be really weird, cycling back an forth between two laptops.  How do remember who you are?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best SG in the NBA Today : Yes, he was the 1 and only Celtic fan that deserved some respect.

Since you only started posting after he was ushered off the board, how do you even know him?  :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Best SG in the NBA Today : When Wade wins 5 he can come into the equation, until then he's on the 'I wanna be like Kobe' list.

as a Celtics fan, I still endorse this message

plus, Wade can't stay healthy

and for all I hate Kobe, he didn't try to purposely injure three Celtics in a span of 15 minutes (the Rondo takedown followed by the Ray Allen flagrant that never got called that the announcers went out of their way to defend)

by virtue of his shooting percentage, Jordan still holds a BIG edge over Kobe, but if Kobe manages to pass Jordan in points and championships, then he's the greatest of all time.  Right now he's already a lock for top-5 along with Jordan, Magic, and Bird

In a game if my life depended on it, I would ABSOLUTELY take Kobe Bryant first overall not only for his competitiveness and skills, but also because he'd make it his mission to literally kill me if I didn't

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Kobe was absolutely the best over his career and over the last 5 to 10 years.  But, as of this moment, Wade is better.  In their prime, I take Kobe any day (although he's more selfish, he's more balanced in many ways, especially his jumper).  But, as of today, Wade dominates on guard rebounding, D, speed, offensive moves, etc.  Kobe still has a better jumper but simply cannot blow by people anymore nor can he have the spectacular play as often.

Wade isn't as good as Kobe WAS, but he's now better than Kobe IS.  But, its still very close.  

Sections
Shortcuts