Best SG in the NBA Today

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Re: Best SG in the NBA Today

In Response to Re: Best SG in the NBA Today:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best SG in the NBA Today : Id have to disagree with that. The last two Lakers championship finals, Kobe was far from bewing the man. Gasol was clearly the #1 and it wasnt even close. If anything, Kobe a liability in the Celtic series. Attrocious actually. He's certainly recognized as Da Man on the Lakers cause of his longevity, scoring bursts  and media hype over the years. However, if you wanna be objective about the championship finals, Shaq was Da Man for 3, Gasol was Da Man for at least one other imo
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Kobe and Gasol are both obviously huge factors. But Kobe was clearly not the best on his first three titles, Shaq was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Please, stop with all the nonsense.  Kobe is still the best SG in the association today as we know it.  Anyone who denies this is not looking at the facts.  If Shaq hadn't skipped town then this discussion would be a non factor.  One thing is for sure Kobe certainly has company as of right now, but there are no facts that can say, whoever, is better than Kobe.  I'm sorry, but the numbers do not support it.  Kobe is in the third phase of what Jordan was to the Bulls in his last run.  I'm not going to say Kobe is better than Jordan or has better numbers to back it up because that is plain stupid.  I will say that Jordan will have some heat when comparing this last run.  All the naysayers please step up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Please, stop with all the nonsense.  Kobe is still the best SG in the association today as we know it.  Anyone who denies this is not looking at the facts.  If Shaq hadn't skipped town then this discussion would be a non factor.  One thing is for sure Kobe certainly has company as of right now, but there are no facts that can say, whoever, is better than Kobe.  I'm sorry, but the numbers do not support it.  Kobe is in the third phase of what Jordan was to the Bulls in his last run.  I'm not going to say Kobe is better than Jordan or has better numbers to back it up because that is plain stupid.  I will say that Jordan will have some heat when comparing this last run.  All the naysayers please step up!
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

Bryant is still the best, but his hold on #1 is getting more tenuous each year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

so lakernation can talk rings,

all nba won rings......

that the league recognizes......

but when the celtics and bill russell get brought up....

lakernation says stupid things like he can judge time....

and that 1958 is better than 2011. while those years share 1 common thread........THERE ALL IN THE NBA...

not your hollinger or racist sports writer wanna be league....

ITS THE NBA STUPID.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bledgrn. Show bledgrn's posts

You evidently haven't watched many Celtic games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaiibob. Show hawaiibob's posts

Kobe has slipped as time the conqueror edges ever closer to claim his victory. This season, should there be one, will see a changing of the guard.

On a side note, where was our Brian Cardinal in the Miami series to put a hard foul or 3 on dwade and whoever else? I don't advocate dirty play, ala wade, but there is a time and place for the well intentioned hard foul. With KP gone we need an enforcer with skills to do the dirty work that brings championships.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I hate to admit it, but Kobe is still the best 2 guard in the world.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]I have never seen Wade or Jordan score 81 points in a game. Not even Russell for that matter.   I'm just sayin'
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]
    MJ scored 63 in the playoffs

Sections
Shortcuts