Better team than last year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Better team than last year

So far, I think so!  DA will keep working but not much out in the FA that could really boost any team. Only trades will do. Still, this team looks better on paper than last year. A few pieces that can/should go but I hope this year games are easier to watch!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Better team than last year

One big question mark will be Sully, will he be finally in shape? he keeps promising to lose weight but seems to come back heavier each year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree with you, but caution that it's all relative.  Many other teams have improved, too.  Look at the teams ahead of us in the lottery.  CLE - yes, MIL - remains to be seen - PHI - not yet ORL - YES!! and Utah - yes.

Without a bigger "splash" I'd say that even though we have improved, we're still behind most teams,

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I agree with you, but caution that it's all relative.  Many other teams have improved, too.  Look at the teams ahead of us in the lottery.  CLE - yes, MIL - remains to be seen - PHI - not yet ORL - YES!! and Utah - yes.

Without a bigger "splash" I'd say that even though we have improved, we're still behind most teams,

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

oh yea but Orlando is meh.. Atlanta was a sleeper last year, I wonder how they will do this year.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

oh yea but Orlando is meh.. Atlanta was a sleeper last year, I wonder how they will do this year.. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Respectfully disagree - ORL was only a few games worse than us last year, and they've added Aaron Gordon, Ben Gordon, Payton and Channing Frye.  They did lose Afflalo, but I think have replaced his production.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

So far, I think so!  DA will keep working but not much out in the FA that could really boost any team. Only trades will do. Still, this team looks better on paper than last year. A few pieces that can/should go but I hope this year games are easier to watch!!

The 900 lb gorilla in the room is Rondo.

How DA handles this matter will determine if team improves.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think it's to early. Now that the first domino fell your starting to see a lot of action and with still an expiring 5 mil contract that has to be dealt this weekend and a 2.3 mil TPE expiring. The picture maybe more in focus Monday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

One big question mark will be Sully, will he be finally in shape? he keeps promising to lose weight but seems to come back heavier each year

He was recovering from back surgery last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

They'll be easier to watch because we will be developing the young guys, but that won't translate into wins. It would not be in the best interest of the team to win say 8 or 9 more games and end up with the 11th pick. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

He's a poor shooter, like the rest of his teammates.

He really needs to stop shooting 3s. It's killing his efficiency numbers.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I think it's to early. Now that the first domino fell your starting to see a lot of action and with still an expiring 5 mil contract that has to be dealt this weekend and a 2.3 mil TPE expiring. The picture maybe more in focus Monday.

we don't have to deal that 5mil expiring contract this weekend...we can deal bogans anytime i think...i'm not sure about the 2.3 TPE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

He was recovering from back surgery last year.

Not only that, his shape didn't seem to affect him TOO much out there on the court last year. Just bc a guy isn't ripped doesn't mean they aren't in shape (ex. Charles Barkley). I think his size actually works to his advantage, as he can hold his own down low despite his lack of height.

I think more telling on someones fitness level is how they are performing late in games. I don't remember Sully letting us down too much in that category. I could be forgetting tho.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Thanks Daaaaaaaaannyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to greenkiller's comment:

Thanks Daaaaaaaaannyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

[object HTMLDivElement]

Tell your story to Pau!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Clearly if the young players continue to develop, this team will be easier to watch. And they may win a few more games than last year. However, as many pundits  are now acknowledging, the East is getting stronger. Cleveland, Miami, Chicago and Washington are the elite in the East.  I am hoping DA adheres to a definite plan to develop the youth on this team, make some smart (no pun intended) picks with all the draft choices accumulated, and trade for some players with real upside. Clearly, many posters on this board are divided about what to do with Rondo. I have been hoping for the past 3 years that DA would trade him for some value. In RR's career, he has had 2 extended absences due to injury. It is no coincidence that on both occasions the Celts record remained essentially the same. In other words, Rondo's absence really didn't hurt the team. Also, I am hoping Green is traded. He is wildly inconsistent and his defense is suspect. DA could get some value for him. And with the recently inflated contracts, Green's contract is no longer such a burden. I think the best case scenario for the Celts is : they continue their youth movement, get some value for RR and Green and in 4 years they can be a serious contender.     

Sections
Shortcuts