Better trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1387537. Show user_1387537's posts

Better trade

Rondo to the Knicks, Stoudomire to the Magic, Howard to the Celtics. May have to add draft picks or other players like Steimsma.

There is no real guard in NY and what they have just isn't working, Stoudomire is an offensive player and the Magic cant score, Howard can just fit in with the Celtics like he just wants to be, a player not the go to guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Better trade

How does Orlando not get robbed in that trade?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: Better trade:
    [QUOTE]How does Orlando not get robbed in that trade?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Orlando would also get Stiemsma to make it a fair trade...???

Orlando is eating $62m in Arena's contract.
    They would not take Amare's contract which is uninsured.
    AFTER this season, Amare still has $65m left on his contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

For once, I agree with mtrax!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Why should I listen to someone whose handle is way too long

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

If Orlando would take Stoudemire than NY would just take Howard before Rondo. 

But there's already been talk of NY giving Stoudemire plus either Carmelo or Chandler.  No way this trade would happen for a multitude of reasons.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]How does Orlando not get robbed in that trade?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agree that it doesn't make sense for Orlando.  Orlando is giving up the best player and they won't make any trade that will not benefit them. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1387537. Show user_1387537's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Better trade : Agree that it doesn't make sense for Orlando.  Orlando is giving up the best player and they won't make any trade that will not benefit them. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

The longer this drags out, the less they will get for Howard. The Magic should take the deal, I don't think they will get better than that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

As many of the trade suggestions are far-fetched,  how about duping Cleveland into an even up for Rondo and we get Kyrie Irving---did you enjoy his performance last night ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]As many of the trade suggestions are far-fetched,  how about duping Cleveland into an even up for Rondo and we get Kyrie Irving---did you enjoy his performance last night ?
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Irving should be the rookie of the year.  He will only continue to improve every year and make Cleveland a better team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" how about duping Cleveland into an even up for Rondo and we get Kyrie Irving--"

Cleveland has no incentive to do that trade nor do the salaries match....Irving looks promising at this stage however. 

This proposed trade is actually not bad....I tend to bash the trades proposed here for being unrealistic but this ain't bad....Magic will have to take less value for Howard, Amare is better than nothing...

Biggest problem here is NYC who is unlikely to see Rondo for Amare as good value for them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Read where KG is linked to going to DEN
    A 3 team trade that might work:

KG to DEN
    Miller, Harrington, Mozgov to ORL - if not Miller, then some other player!
    Howard to BOS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

So, Orlando is going to take back a slow 36 year old pg, a 32 year old sf that is on a bad contract and a marginal prospect for Dwight?

I don't think that beats Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries and 2 1st round picks from NJ.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]So, Orlando is going to take back a slow 36 year old pg, a 32 year old sf that is on a bad contract and a marginal prospect for Dwight? I don't think that beats Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries and 2 1st round picks from NJ.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, mtrax, but it beats Bynum straight up for Howard!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

I do not think Bynum will be traded for Howard straight up or with other players and picks.

I think NJ and other teams will have much more to offer Orlando then the Lakers have.

For LA to give up Gasol in a Howard trade, it would have to be through a multi-team trade where they get back a PF. (Maybe a Scola type player).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I do not think Bynum will be traded for Howard straight up or with other players and picks. I think NJ and other teams will have much more to offer Orlando then the Lakers have. For LA to give up Gasol in a Howard trade, it would have to be through a multi-team trade where they get back a PF. (Maybe a Scola type player).

WOW - very impressed.....so, you are packing it in for this year, are you?

Not going to wreck this very objective post by saying Gasol for DWill or other things I'm hearing on 710 ESPN are you??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

First of all, I am a big Timberwolves fan.
    Second, LA needs a pg more then Dwight Howard.
    They could use Bynum as trade bait for D. Williams.
    But if Dwight goes to NJ, then LA is out of the D. Williams running.
    LA will not pack it in this year.
    I think they will make a push for Sessions or wait until the trade deadline and offer a 1st round pick for Nash. For less then 6 weeks of regular season games, why wouldn't Phoenix make that trade? LA would have to send back about $3m in salary and could use their Odom trade exception. Could also send $ with LA's player.

Brook Lopez is still not running so if he does not make it back healthy in the next 6 weeks, that will hurt NJ's chances of trading for Dwight by 3/15.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]First of all, I am a big Timberwolves fan. Second, LA needs a pg more then Dwight Howard. They could use Bynum as trade bait for D. Williams. But if Dwight goes to NJ, then LA is out of the D. Williams running. LA will not pack it in this year. I think they will make a push for Sessions or wait until the trade deadline and offer a 1st round pick for Nash. For less then 6 weeks of regular season games, why wouldn't Phoenix make that trade? LA would have to send back about $3m in salary and could use their Odom trade exception. Could also send $ with LA's player. Brook Lopez is still not running so if he does not make it back healthy in the next 6 weeks, that will hurt NJ's chances of trading for Dwight by 3/15.

The only BIG thing you are, mtrax, is a liar.  With Nash and Fisher at PG, you'd have the all - AARP backcourt.  WHY would PHO make that trade??  Nash is the ONLY person that puts people in the seats!  You DO need  a PG, but it won't be DWill or Nash, or probably even Sessions.  Your team is a mess - perhaps you could trade Metta World Peace for Ron Artest!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Better trade : The only BIG thing you are, mtrax, is a liar.  With Nash and Fisher at PG, you'd have the all - AARP backcourt.  WHY would PHO make that trade??  Nash is the ONLY person that puts people in the seats!  You DO need  a PG, but it won't be DWill or Nash, or probably even Sessions.  Your team is a mess - perhaps you could trade Metta World Peace for Ron Artest!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

How many tickets do you think Phoenix will sell in the last 6 weeks because of Nash? You don't see the big picture. Nash is going to play his last game for Phoenix in April, so why not get a 1st round pick for him in a pretty deep draft class?

How can you make a blanket statement that LA will not get D. Will, Nash or Sessions? Nash would be to help LA win this year. Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Bynum will challenge any team in the NBA.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

You are correct that LA couldn't get Nash.
    His salary for this year is $11,689,062.
    If his salary was $11,225,000, LA could trade for Nash without sending any salary back to Phoenix.

The 125% plus $100,000 provision also applies for Traded Player Exceptions.
    $8.9m x 125% + $100,000 = $11,225,000.

Traded Player Exception – The Traded Player Exception has been increased for non-taxpayers such that the amount a non-taxpaying team has available to replace a traded player or players equals the lesser of (i) 150 percent of salaries of players being traded plus $100,000, or (ii) the salaries of players being traded plus $5M. (For purposes of this rule, team is a non-taxpayer if its post-trade team salary is below the Tax level.) Traded Player Exception for taxpayers equals 125 percent of the salaries of players being traded plus $100,000 (same as under 2005 CBA).

What this means: For non-taxpaying teams, this exception has increased from 125 percent plus $100,000, which gives them a lot more flexibility in workable trades. Future trade deadline days should be more exciting than ever, and we’ll be less likely to see players included in trades strictly to make the contracts fit within the exception.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Better trade : How many tickets do you think Phoenix will sell in the last 6 weeks because of Nash? You don't see the big picture. Nash is going to play his last game for Phoenix in April, so why not get a 1st round pick for him in a pretty deep draft class? How can you make a blanket statement that LA will not get D. Will, Nash or Sessions? Nash would be to help LA win this year. Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Bynum will challenge any team in the NBA.

You know a lot about the lakers for a T-Wolves fan.....MTRAX

mtrax is a liar, and he is now on ignore for me!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Nash's salary would be pro-rated for the shortened season, wouldn't it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

It doesn't hurt to be prepared.  If LA gets Howard, which isn't certain, how are you posters going to deal with GREENKILLER?  He will most certainly be back to rub it in.  Then again, maybe the Celtics will find a way to get Howard.
         Multiple team trade: Celtics give up Rondo and 2 first round draft choices, Celtics get Howard, Orlando gets Kaman and two first rounders, Kaman's ex-team(NOH) gets Rondo.