Better without Rondo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Better without Rondo.

Okay, that convinced me. That magnificiant offense has made me a beleiver.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Better without Rondo.

I'd like to read a contary opinion, but I have my doubts as to finding any on this thread

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

It's addition by substraction! Don't you remember, guys?! LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think it's only fair to wait until this series is over one way or the other to get back on this topic. I felt for a long time we'd miss Rondo in the playoffs where he always raised his game, but we should let this play out. 

I'm sure pud will tell us that the injury to Sully is the real reason we are struggling now. Or someone will find a way to blame it on doc, not on the loss of our best player. But I'm gonna wait till this series is over to say something definitive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

hahahaha. was thinking the same thing watching the game tonite. Like, are you kidding me? Anyone who will still make that claim is lying to themselves.

BTW, that bratty, self centered, selfish pg that some on here are convinced that everyone in the C's organization HATES and just says nice stuff on tv bc its required, was seen chatting and laughing with teammates and Danny Ainge. i could just feel the anger and animosity there!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The bandwagon is filling up again ... which ever way the wind blows...

Im sure the absence of Rondo is the reason the Celtics scored a combined 48 pts in two halfs of ball... In fact, since Rondos injury, the C's have averaged 23 pts per half since...right?? Stands to reason.

Funny how we played well in the first half of both games...with the lead and scoring at a good pace.. Why wasnt Rondos absence felt then??

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

The bandwagon is filling up again ... which ever way the wind blows...

Im sure the absence of Rondo is the reason the Celtics scored a combined 48 pts in two halfs of ball... In fact, since Rondos injury, the C's have averaged 23 pts per half since...right?? Stands to reason.

Funny how we played well in the first half of both games...with the lead and scoring at a good pace.. Why wasnt Rondos absence felt then??

Every knowledgeable NBA fan knows the Celtics are NOT better off without Rondo.

Oops!

I forgot, you're not one of those knowledgeable NBA fans.

How's that high powered Knicks offense will bog down in the playoffs working out for ya?

First off you should be ashamed for even mentioning what knowledgable fans know... over time you simply post every scenario imaginable, catalog it in your BDC-Celtics diary you no doubt maintain and regurgitate when ur fragile ego needs a boost.. truly pathetic

Second, for as bad as the Celtics are shooting and scoring... which gives the KNicks many, many opportunities to score even more... they are scoring much less in the playoffs.... get your facts straight nitwit.. maybe someone sprayed a little too much Raid on you, fungus

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

13 and 19 over thier last 32.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

There are really only about 5 people on the entire board that thought the Celtics are better without Rondo.

They just happen to freak out about it all the time so it seems like more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

There are really only about 5 people on the entire board that thought the Celtics are better without Rondo.

They just happen to freak out about it all the time so it seems like more.

In investing, its been proven you'll be right more than wrong when you go against the crowd mentality..  of course there are those that need the majority agreeing with them to feel comfortable with their opinion... thats why guys like me make so much money..

btw, seems im the only poster on this thread in disagreement about Rondo... while there are several Rondo supporters posting... so who's really freaking out?? lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

we were even worse with rondo starving us of pace and ball movement.  the problem is that danny never bothered to get any sort of PG replacement.  think "rory sparrow" or some ho-hum halfway washed up floor general from yester-year.  NOBODY brought in once rondo goes out.  and the bigger problem is that rondo did not have any back up to begin with.

we stopped challenging rondo to develop as a player the VERY SECOND that ainge declared rondo the "starting point guard of our future" after rondo turned in some interesting stats in 20 games of garbage time at the end of his rook year, a year we were lotto bound and rondo shot 64% from the FT line.  i don't think rondo has ever developed any better proficiency at FT's than 64% and spent many years in the 50's.

he's never gotten a 15 foot jumper together either.  so his solution to not look useless in the half court set- never pass the ball.  because he felt bad about himself having to go sit in the corner to drag his man away from sagging in and creating hell for anyone trying to operate in the lane.

be realistic- where does rondo belong in the league?  in mike d'antonio's SSOL system, if he even still has it any more.  other than that, rondo is an invalid point guard who piles up statistics to cover the stench of his fundamental incompetencies.

get him healthy, showcase him and get rid of him.  we didn't even have a PG after he went down and we were a better team with NO PG rather than having rondo strangle the tempo out of this team- a roster that had SOME speed on it- green and lee, terry can run some too.  we did none of that.  just one last second heave after another so precious rajon could feel good about himself

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

just think basic point guard functionality when you think: "are we better off with or without rondo", m'kay?

rondo does NOT have a jumper or a free throw.  as a 7 year veteran with gaping holes in competencies that ALL good and all starting pointguards EXCEPT for him have, (thanks danny & doc), he has to then cover up for those being exposed to a fan base.  so he slowed the ball down this year.  his FTA per minute were near career lows.  his points per game were way too low for a player of his raw skill and quickness. 

so because our starting PG has an incomplete skill set he started to NOT USE his most attractive skills that he has- havoc-making regarding tempo and running the ball.  arguably rondo has even gone as far in his career as to refuse to develop his individual defense skills- why?  because he's never ridden pine because of his lousy individual defense- just one excuse after another marched out for him.

now, just for a second- humor me- think "raymond felton"- not an exceptional PG but one that can do a complete spectrum of skills at a proficient level.  hypothetically, insert raymond felton level of competency when rondo goes out and suddenly this team is doing the things it should- no pace strangling by a PG who is wanting to do that to cover for his in ability to shoot a J.  you will never have pierce and others having to handle the ball in crunch time of close games os precious rajon does not get fouled.  what good WAS rondo anyway without the up tempo game pace?  he was no good.  he was awful.

and people on his board are saying we were not better off without him.  for a streak, this team played as if it was liberated from a psychotic poison, because it was.  there was tempo and ball movement as compared to rondo's ball pounding megalomania.  and then they couldn't fake it any more because pierce is too old to pretend he's a PG and nobody else on the roster is one.  get it now?

INSERT a mediocre PG with okay ALL AROUND SKILL SET on this team and we ARE better off than the system of lies that rondo installed around himself for insulation to not have to 1) look useless 2) shoot any free throws 3) shoot any jumpers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I was one that pointed out that the Celtics were playing BETTER without Rondo both this season and last.

until KG went out the win-loss record told the same story.

is it apparent in the first two games of this playoff series that we could use a point guard?......yes it is!

Will Rondo most likely be back next year...I would say yes.

as a CELTIC fan (and not a particular player fan) I want what makes the TEAM better....so IF the TEAM could get an NBA starting center for Rondo next year...I woudl do it in a heartbeat.

But' thats just becasue I feel quality BIG men are a bigger need than quality PG's.

but yes...I WISH Rondo was playing right now ,assuming we would have played well enough to make the playoffs in the regular season (which we wouldn't have at the time of his injury).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

but yes...I WISH Rondo was playing right now ,assuming we would have played well enough to make the playoffs in the regular season (which we wouldn't have at the time of his injury).

Maybe if R9R were playing now, he wouldn't be rooting against his own team anymore as he's done since his injury.

I say MAYBE he wouldn't!

But who knows.

We can always hope... because we need his sort of leadership on the court... don't we? 

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Maybe if R9R were playing now, he wouldn't be rooting against his own team anymore as he's done since his injury.

I say MAYBE he wouldn't!

But who knows.

We can always hope... because we need his sort of leadership on the court... don't we? 

Pud

I think your head is full of Pudding.

We need Rondo.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Okay, that convinced me. That magnificiant offense has made me a beleiver.

This is hillarious! Though it appears that at least ACIEMVP gets it, I don't understand how people can deny the fact that this team WAS DESTINED TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS COMPLETELY if Rondo had been playing still. My guess is that if he hadn't gotten hurt, he likely would have been part of a significant trade that would have been best for this team in the long term. We had lost 6 staright games when he went down. God knows how much worse we would have been for the long haul. But for people to insist that the C's are better with RR than without is not only wrong, but it proves that people don't want to believe the truth when they see it with their own eyes. The fact that KG and PP have missed so many games in the streatch, and because they just didn't matter as the play-off seeding was pretty much decided weeks ago, are the real reasons that they coasted into the play-offs with a poor EOS record. The facts are the facts....The C's play better basketball without RR on the floor when healthy, but they just aren't good enough to beat the ELITE teams regularly this year due to a lack of depth caused by too many injuries. WAKE UP! Now.....I'll go back to puling for my team to upset the Knicks Friday/Sunday.....And if they don't, thank God the Sox are playing well and the Pats are warming up!

P.S. If you are happy that the C's are losing without RR just to be right, just as many of you were all upset when they were winning after RR went down, then you have proven not to be a true Celtic fan in the first place.  RR's presence on their bench right now in itself, along with his taunting of his own teammates is counter productive. Even AB who "appeared visibly upset and frustrated in the locker room after game 1 when he advised that Rondo was in his ear the whole game" proves his negative impact merely by being there and not shutting the hell up. Who is this fool? RR needs to step away and go change his tampon. I can only imagine how his "teammates" really feel about him right now. I too wish he would go back home and take his negative input with him. You can see it all over his face, all game long. He is not a team guy folks, SORRY!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

We need Rondo.

No my friend..... you need Rondo.

He's all yours.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I say MAYBE he wouldn't!

But who knows.

Pud

Right on, PUD! Those who are happy that the C's are losing without RR just to lie to themselves and try to be right, just as many of you were all upset when they were winning after RR went down, have proven not to be a true Celtic fan in the first place.  See, those of us that were happy to see the C's win are just happy to see the C's win. PERIOD. We can't help that RR has a negative impact on the TEAM'S performance. RR's mere presence on their bench right now in itself, along with his taunting of his own teammates is counter productive. Even AB who "appeared visibly upset and frustrated in the locker room after game 1 when he advised that Rondo was in his ear the whole game" proves his negative impact merely by being there and not shutting the hell up. Who is this fool? RR needs to step away and go change his tampon. I can only imagine how his "teammates" really feel about him right now. I too wish he would go back home and take his negative input with him. You can see it all over his face, all game long. He is not a team guy folks, SORRY!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

We need Rondo.

No my friend..... you need Rondo.

He's all yours.

Pud

LOL!!!