Beware Rondo Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Beware Rondo Thread

In Response to Re: Beware Rondo Thread:
    [QUOTE]We will just haft to play with Rondo nobody wants to trade us a good player for him. He is a near allstar and if he does not get confidence from somewhere will always be  laking in the shooting department.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

My guess is that DA will hold his fire, be patient and showcase him, swapping him for some high draft choices if nothing else.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

My guess is Ainge will do the unexpected

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Since I don't want to look it up, who drafted Jefferson, Perkins, Baby, Powe, etc?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I am pretty sure Al, Powe and Baby were Danny.  Perk I suspect was Chris Wallace, just prior to Danny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BP,
    The hope is you are right.  And I think you may be but sometimes high intelligence breed arrogance so let's hope Rondo got the message about his shooting.  He quit last year and by the time he decided to fight back he was a one armed player.  That wasn't a case of being smart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I am pretty sure Al, Powe and Baby were Danny.  Perk I suspect was Chris Wallace, just prior to Danny.
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

I thought Perk and AJ were drafted the same year.  Again I am too lazy to look it up.  Danny does draft bigs occasionally.  Where we have been drafting its a crap shoot.  Pretty easy to second guess who he should have drafted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Since I don't want to look it up, who drafted Jefferson, Perkins, Baby, Powe, etc?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Baby was not Danny.  He came in the trade for Ray and was drafted by Seattle.  Since 2004, Danny hasn't drafted many big men.  And yes, OneonOne, its pretty easy to second guess him.  But, this is what he's paid for and we second guess coaches and players all the time.  Doc didn't do this.  KG didn't do that. Rondo can't do such and such.  Well, Danny has to be held accountable for his job, as well.

I like a lot of what Danny has done, but his draft record is about a C or C- overall.  Its not as bad as some, but its certainly not stellar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beware Rondo Thread : Baby was not Danny.  He came in the trade for Ray and was drafted by Seattle.  Since 2004, Danny hasn't drafted many big men.  And yes, OneonOne, its pretty easy to second guess him.  But, this is what he's paid for and we second guess coaches and players all the time.  Doc didn't do this.  KG didn't do that. Rondo can't do such and such.  Well, Danny has to be held accountable for his job, as well. I like a lot of what Danny has done, but his draft record is about a C or C- overall.  Its not as bad as some, but its certainly not stellar. Year Round Pick Name From 2010 1 19 Avery Bradley University of Texas at Austin 2010 2 52 Luke Harangody University of Notre Dame 2009 2 58 Lester Hudson University of Tennessee at Martin 2008 1 30 J. R. Giddens University of New Mexico 2008 2 60 Semih Erden Fenerbahçe Ülker  (Turkey) 2007 1 5 Jeff Green Georgetown University 2007 2 32 Gabe Pruitt University of Southern California 2006 1 7 Randy Foye Villanova University 2005 1 18 Gerald Green Gulf Shores Academy 2005 2 50 Ryan Gomes Providence College 2005 2 53 Orien Greene University of Louisiana at Lafayette
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree he should be accountable. The last few years though his draft position is pot luck. Not many stars drafted in those postions. The Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, etc probably haven't done much better. But there is always room for improvment. Thanks for looking up the info. Its great to be a armchair quaterback isn't it? You know those names you posted I would bet there were posts about each one of them about how good they could be and would be if Doc would do this or do that. I am sure I was one of them. I know I was high on Green.
    PS are you sure that Danny didn't tell them to draft Baby to be included in the trade?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

No, I'm not sure Danny didn't tell them to draft Baby and include him in the trade.   That may have happened.   Let's give him credit for that one as the benefit of the doubt.  However, BBD was drafted overall number 35 or so and we drafted Gabe Pruit that year BEFORE they drafted Baby.  So, we could have had BBD without the trade if Danny wanted him and drafted someone other than Pruit (Josh McRoberts, Aaron Gray, Marc Gasol were all available).  Not saying they were guaranteed to be successful, but a shot at a big man would have been worth more than a shot at Gabe Pruitt!

You know, Danny should be an infinitely more qualified GM than me.  So, yes, its easy to be a Monday morning QB on his picks since we have hindsight rather than making the decision back then.  But, that's why he's paid the big bucks......so fans can question his judgement (and I'm sure he really cares what I think!Smile)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]No, I'm not sure Danny didn't tell them to draft Baby and include him in the trade.   That may have happened.   Let's give him credit for that one as the benefit of the doubt.  However, BBD was drafted overall number 35 or so and we drafted Gabe Pruit that year BEFORE they drafted Baby.  So, we could have had BBD without the trade if Danny wanted him and drafted someone other than Pruit (Josh McRoberts, Aaron Gray, Marc Gasol were all available).  Not saying they were guaranteed to be successful, but a shot at a big man would have been worth more than a shot at Gabe Pruitt! You know, Danny should be an infinitely more qualified GM than me.  So, yes, its easy to be a Monday morning QB on his picks since we have hindsight rather than making the decision back then.  But, that's why he's paid the big bucks......so fans can question his judgement (and I'm sure he really cares what I think! )

Heck I question Doc's judgement mor than I do Danny's. To me after you get to the 10th player or higher its a crap shoot. Plus I don't pay as much attention to college ball. I bet there were plenty here that thought Pruitt was going to be a player. Doc and Danny both care what you think, thats why they read this forum, to get trade ideas and drafts picks, and trade ideas.  How else would they come up with some of the things they do?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beware Rondo Thread : Perk was Danny's too. And Danny's first free-agent signing was Scal. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

not so sure we couldn't use Scal again.  I can't believe I said that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beware Rondo Thread : Baby was not Danny.  He came in the trade for Ray and was drafted by Seattle.  Since 2004, Danny hasn't drafted many big men.  And yes, OneonOne, its pretty easy to second guess him.  But, this is what he's paid for and we second guess coaches and players all the time.  Doc didn't do this.  KG didn't do that. Rondo can't do such and such.  Well, Danny has to be held accountable for his job, as well. I like a lot of what Danny has done, but his draft record is about a C or C- overall.  Its not as bad as some, but its certainly not stellar. Year Round Pick Name From 2010 1 19 Avery Bradley University of Texas at Austin 2010 2 52 Luke Harangody University of Notre Dame 2009 2 58 Lester Hudson University of Tennessee at Martin 2008 1 30 J. R. Giddens University of New Mexico 2008 2 60 Semih Erden Fenerbahçe Ülker  (Turkey) 2007 1 5 Jeff Green Georgetown University 2007 2 32 Gabe Pruitt University of Southern California 2006 1 7 Randy Foye Villanova University 2005 1 18 Gerald Green Gulf Shores Academy 2005 2 50 Ryan Gomes Providence College 2005 2 53 Orien Greene University of Louisiana at Lafayette
    You're probably right about his grade, but in Ainge's defense (and I don't feel like coming to his defense too much these days), there wasn't a lot of fruit left on the tree in those drafts when it came time for the C's to pick.  Rudy Gay  was available when Foye was picked (but we got Rondo in that draft) and DeAndre Jordan slid in favor of J.R. Giddens in 2008.  In the other drafts, I didn't see much of anything after we picked.
    To me, it all goes back to acquiring  KG and RA.  What we gained has been obvious.  But salary issues and finishing high up in the standings have kept us from picking up better quality free  agents  or  selecting higher  up in the draft.
    Next year, I expect things to change.  This year???  Maybe if we don't get any more players, the C's should invest that super cold freezer the Mavs use to help their players reduce their injury downtime.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]To all those watching the Clips vs. Lakers game, now you know why Ainge wanted CP3. Still, I would only trade Rondo for CP3. Right now if you offer D-Will or Nash for Rondo, no way!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

CP3 is rocking and rolling tonight. AWESOME!!!

BTW... You're safe. No one is going to be offering you CP3 or DWill or Nash for Rondo anytime soon.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo has his flaws. Assuming that he doesn't work on his game is silly though, unless you know whether he did or not...

Having said that, don't you think there are two bigger concerns than Rondo when it comes to winning? 

Here's the two I will give you, no, make that three: 

1. That we don't have a center
    2. That players 5-12 are as bad as any team in the league collectively
    3. That we run a high risk of health issues from the big old three (example: Pierce)

Those three are much more likely to cost us losses in the regular season. Where Rondo's flaws come out more are in the playoffs, but we're not making a deep playoff run at any rate this year, so...enjoy.

Sections
Shortcuts