Bi gMan That Fits The Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Bi gMan That Fits The Celtics

Averages .7 blocks per game from the PF position. Does not appear to be a rim protector!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Averages .7 blocks per game from the PF position. Does not appear to be a rim protector!

[/QUOTE]

Averages 1.5 per 36 minutes...which is fine. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Maybe it is analytics at work.  They are quickly going after young cheap players on the rise to accummulate value.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hill only averaged 21 minutes per game last season.

His per 36 minutes is 1.5 blocks per game.

Kevin Love's per 36 minutes is only 0.5 blocks per game.

[/QUOTE]

Where do you play Hill - at center? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

Where do you play Hill - at center? 

Yes.

Lakers played him at Center the last 2 seasons.

[/QUOTE]

In the stats they have him listed as a PF the past 2-seasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i'll take Hill. Would be cheaper and make the game look smoother out there but most likely isn't good enough to win us any extra games

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In the stats they have him listed as a PF the past 2-seasons.

[/QUOTE]

You need to watch him play.

[/QUOTE]

I guess the folks that develop stats need to watch him play, as well!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

JORDAN HILL IS A POWER FORWARD.

Is Hill 99.9% PF and 0.1% C?  NO. JORDAN HILL IS 100% PF.

Just because LA was forced to start him at C last season, during a Tank campaign, that doesn't mean he is a Center.  And btw, he didn't start very many games at C.  Maybe 6,7, 8 games..Humphries played at least twice as many games at C last year than Hill.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hill is awesome.  He's young, durable, and very productive.  But the C's don't have a lot of money to spend right now, and a PF like Hill is one of the last things we need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am not opposed to J. Hill - just not overly impressed with his game! Get him on the cheap and I am in!

Good stats on a bad team!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I guess the folks that develop stats need to watch him play, as well!

Why does listed position matter?

He's 6'10, bigger than Sully or Hump so already a better option at the 5. He actually avg. 1.5 BLK per 36 so he can make the switch to the 5.

Position doesn't matter. It's just, can you change the style of play a little to fit that position. PF and C means more defense at C. and Hill is a better rim protector than we have already.

It's like Smart. He's a 1, but his skill set and size can allow him to play the 2. Or Young, he's a 3, but his athleticism and ability to score and length can allow him to play the 2.

Hill is 6'10, nothing special, bu big enough to hold up down low as a 5 and looks to be able to reject shots, which we need..

Rame and fierce lose their minds over Greg Monroe being a PF or a C.. You COULD put Monroe down at the 5 but he would be a defensive liability so you would need a big 4 man who can play D to make up for it, but if you have that guy, you might as well put him at the 5 so he can paint protect. Monroe is a lot better as a 4 because he doesn't rim protect and the 4 doesn't necessarily do the defensive job, as of late, its an offensive position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Interesting one for @Celtics fans … Boston contacted @Lakers F/C Jordan Hill directly last night, as well as his reps.
    via Sean Deveney of the Sporting News on Twitter

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/celtics-showing-strong-in-jordan-hill/#lXoDdFPI45CSEXrW.99" rel="nofollow">http://www.basketballinsiders.com/celtics-showing-strong-in-jordan-hill/#lXoDdFPI45CSEXrW.99

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Great post - if I was a lesser man, I'd say you "stole" this idea from me................but, of course, I won't do that....lol

I've been on the Hill bandwagon for two years.  The bad news is Hoopshype gave a list of interested teams, and we weren't on it!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Ed Davis is unrestricted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hill is the type of stopgap at PF-C this team could use. He is like Hump in the fact that he is a bit short but is a hustle guy and volume rebounder.

With Olynyk being a guy who is tall, but not so much a bang guys in the paint center, he would pair well with Hill.

Not the 28-32 minute a game 6'10"+ starter we needed there though.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.