everytime i think danny misses something, i turn out to be wrong. was speculating that the celtics would trade ray during the season next year because i wronly presumed he had a 3 year deal.. instead if ray picks up his player's option for next year (most likely getting a no-trade assurance), he and kg will both be free agens AFTER the 2011 season... especially if we win it all this year and both guys are healthy entering into next year (unlike with perk) and stay productive, it makes little sense that even danny wil make any trades involving those guys.. odds are neither guy will be in a hurry to sign elsewhere after during next year's off-season. i am sure ainge will encourage them to help him get howard to boston and will review the numbers with both guys because the CBA will be clear in producing a very hard hockey-type salary cap (with some franchise-type tag as they have in football). once howard signs, i  believe ainge will give both guys the same 8M contract for 2 years (with the player's option for year 2).  this will put them in line with pp whose deal runs out after the 2014 season. iin best scenario, f we continue to win  and stay healthy, i can see DA at least offering all 3 the chance to return again with all 3 getting the same one or 2 year offer. worse case for fans, one or two not named PIERCE get traded or simply not re-signed after 2013. 

danny being a smart guy also made sure rondo's 5 year extension STARTS next year.. so the celts won't have to re-up until AFTER the 2015 season.. thus the real transition with this team will not have to start until after 2013... at that time, i am sure giving rr an almost-max extension will the top focus... if we can get green to buy into all that this off-season with a 4-year extension (after his option is picked up for next year), this team will be in great shpae going forward esp if we can get bb to see himself as the limited bench player he actually is and can do a team-friendly 5-year deal, getting those big young 3 all on board until after the 2015 season. i can see nenad doing a 2-year extension this off-season to make sure we have at least one true center who knows the system after next season. hopefully, we will also keep a chris johnson around as we did with perk back in the day so he can develop his body and game with little pressure on him. we'll see.....