Big Baby All Grown Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Big Baby All Grown Up

This is in response to the other thread comparing BB to Anthony Tolliver:

What more do you want from Glen Davis ?
    What more do you have to see from the guy before you'll give him his due ?

The guy had continued to improve every year. He has accepted every challenge Doc Rivers has thrown at him. He has been one of the most BIG TIME playoff performers for the Celtics I've ever seen. He has become the CAPTAIN of the bench unit and is in the conversation for 6th man of the year. He is every bit as valuable to the Celtics as Bruce Bowen was for the Spurs during their championship window. And he continues to improve....

I think too many people have become "fantasy league nerds" who like to look at stats rather than watch the games.

Big Baby does it all. 

He's playing with 5 new teammates and he's taken the responsibilty to lead and mentor them on the court.

I surely hope the Celtics don't let Glen Davis get away. He's a special player and a special person, and HE FITS with the Celtics.

For years we've been waiting for a guy who reminds us of Dave Cowens.....

Yeah man, I just did say that !

Glen Davis is the 2nd coming of Dave Cowens.

Hey Fantasy Nerd - Have someone else explain it to you !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Re: Big Baby All Grown Up

In Response to Big Baby All Grown Up:
    [QUOTE]This is in response to the other thread comparing BB to Anthony Tolliver: What more do you want from Glen Davis ? What more do you have to see from the guy before you'll give him his due ? The guy had continued to improve every year. He has accepted every challenge Doc Rivers has thrown at him. He has been one of the most BIG TIME playoff performers for the Celtics I've ever seen. He has become the CAPTAIN of the bench unit and is in the conversation for 6th man of the year. He is every bit as valuable to the Celtics as Bruce Bowen was for the Spurs during their championship window. And he continues to improve.... I think too many people have become "fantasy league nerds" who like to look at stats rather than watch the games. Big Baby does it all.  He's playing with 5 new teammates and he's taken the responsibilty to lead and mentor them on the court. I surely hope the Celtics don't let Glen Davis get away. He's a special player and a special person, and HE FITS with the Celtics. For years we've been waiting for a guy who reminds us of Dave Cowens..... Yeah man, I just did say that ! Glen Davis is the 2nd coming of Dave Cowens. Hey Fantasy Nerd - Have someone else explain it to you !
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

I think the way that BBD has been playing this year is what made Perk expendable. He does everything that Perk does except is much much better at the offensive end of the floor. I was shocked to see that Grant Hill is leading the league in charges drawn...BBD can't be too far behind right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I love BB.  The only thing I don't like about him is he has turned into the black hole.  He thinks he has to create or shoot every time he touches the ball.  When he is on he is good and he gives 110%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

So is it safe to say that BBD is a better player than Anthony Tolliver?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

who you asking , me?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby All Grown Up:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Big Baby All Grown Up : I think the way that BBD has been playing this year is what made Perk expendable. He does everything that Perk does except is much much better at the offensive end of the floor. I was shocked to see that Grant Hill is leading the league in charges drawn...BBD can't be too far behind right?
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

grant must have taken over when davis was out.  all year i've heard davis was leading the league in charges.

that's not really important though.  davis has a POSITIVE ATTITUDE, i can't remember ever seeing him draw a T, although I'm sure he has at least once....

but what i'm saying is that he has CREDIBILITY with the refs to have drawn so many charges to begin with... .and now that he's BACK he will soon be drawing MORE CHARGES in the ALL IMPORTANT PLAYOFFS!!!!

and i love that.  while he may not be as dominant scoring and rebouding as cowens, you are right, he has that bird / cowens type of hustle where he'd do anything to get a ball.

and he's unselfish.  some nights he doesn't get looks.  if he has an off shooting night he's doing other things.  and he does seemingly all things either well or servicably. 

shoots FT% over 70
    good jumper
    decent post moves
    excellent hands
    above average passing
    adequate ball handling
    superior footwork close to basket
    above average offensive rebounder
    superior at banging and grinding 7 footer outside of their sweet spot and thereby controlling them.

all he needs is to get better at defensive boards.  maybe he has improved more than we've seen and the patellor tendon was keeping him down.  since he's come back he's been noticably more active on rebounding.

regardless, i am still satisfied.  he makes the ray allen deal even sweeter.  he's a keeper and a winner.  not many of those around these days.  tolliver sure ain't a keeper and has only played on basement teams which is the way he got his stats = not impressive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and we got West back too..and Green with the #fifth pick..so essentially we got Allen and BB for ......????nothing???WOW!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Big Baby All Grown Up:
    [QUOTE]This is in response to the other thread comparing BB to Anthony Tolliver: What more do you want from Glen Davis ? What more do you have to see from the guy before you'll give him his due ? The guy had continued to improve every year. He has accepted every challenge Doc Rivers has thrown at him. He has been one of the most BIG TIME playoff performers for the Celtics I've ever seen. He has become the CAPTAIN of the bench unit and is in the conversation for 6th man of the year. He is every bit as valuable to the Celtics as Bruce Bowen was for the Spurs during their championship window. And he continues to improve.... I think too many people have become "fantasy league nerds" who like to look at stats rather than watch the games. Big Baby does it all.  He's playing with 5 new teammates and he's taken the responsibilty to lead and mentor them on the court. I surely hope the Celtics don't let Glen Davis get away. He's a special player and a special person, and HE FITS with the Celtics. For years we've been waiting for a guy who reminds us of Dave Cowens..... Yeah man, I just did say that ! Glen Davis is the 2nd coming of Dave Cowens. Hey Fantasy Nerd - Have someone else explain it to you !
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

-

Hats off to you and any other fan who has the bolls to really be a fan and ignore all the ignorant opinions expressed here on this board.

But more importantly, hats off to Big Baby, Glen Davis.  

You nailed it with this post. 

Davis would be a starter on many teams and a potential All Star if put into the right situation.

BBD is a true Celtic in the truest sense of the term.  Sign him up long term, now!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He's going to win 6th man this season.  Maybe that will help the naysayers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD since he came back has been an absolute monster on the boards.

His offensive game is sharper and with Green the idea of these two together on the second team is a scary prospect for the opposition.  

Sections
Shortcuts