Big Baby and Garnett dominated Gasol and Bynum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Big Baby and Garnett dominated Gasol and Bynum

A healthy Garnett and Big Baby in the 4rth made the difference.

Rondo 6 points and 15 assists in the 2nd half. Nate chipping in with 11 points off the bench. 2 huge 3's playing the 2 with Rondo feeding him with Pierce onthe bench to start the 4rth.

Total team effort in the 4rth led by Rondos 9 4rth quarter assists.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Big Baby and Garnett dominated Gasol and Bynum

They have been doing it to teams all year, the improvement of Davis is a big plus this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby and Garnett dominated Gasol and Bynum:
    They have been doing it to teams all year, the improvement of Davis is a big plus this year.
    Posted by maryngary

Lets trade him he will want more money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I must admit that I was surprised when Baby blew by Bynum. I didn't see it coming. When Baby stays within his game, and remembers that he is not seven feet tall, he plays great.

We must have the two heaviest and strongest player in the NBA on the Celtics. Shaq and Baby wow!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Trade baby is the most stupid-moronic-bvll zhyte idea.
    I get mad when someone getting rid of the parts that works.YellYell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i almost cried a tear of joy when i watched davis, all fat 6-6 1/2 of him do that post move on the catatonic bynumb for and-1. 

i can't imagine a 7 foot guy letting that happen, but there is something to be said for the way davis jumps just a little bit sideways down low into bigger guys to screw up their jumps to block his shot.  i don't think bynum got off the ground, but he did actually exert a benoit benjamin-esque effort to jump that was thwarted.

but all in all, let's be realistic- this was a terrible effort by the lakers except for kobe.  ron ron artesty was invisible.  gasol was feeble.  bynum was apoplectic.  they could not have been much worse.  they won't be that way again often.  although, they do tend to become crestfallen and spiritless rather easily if they get down, but you have to put them down FIRST to get them like that.

and this ties into the rondo once again.  the better he plays, more aggressive, total all around scoring threat (traditional triple threat player), the better chance we have of unplugging the fakers emotionally early on in games and building up big leads on easy scores. 

really, all of the upside of this team resides in rondo, and if he can ever stay on the floor, delonte.  davis has improved this year, probably as much as he will for now, maybe nate can step up into a more consistent bench scoring role.  but the point guard b/t delonte and rondo is the whole entire upside for us.  all other players are known quantities for us.

so let's get down to it starting now on a nightly basis and be more aggressive at the #1 position and start taking what's there in these matchups and doing the dribble drive to dish down, dish out, score, draw fouls routine.  it's never not worked before for quick guys who can get past their men.

Sections
Shortcuts