Big baby complains about role

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Big baby complains about role

In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role:
    In Response to Big baby complains about role : Tell that to Fierce ... he thinks BB is getting star power role this year but he may be premature or immature as the case may be.
    Posted by Mployee8

Since when did I say that Glen Davis will have star power? Post the link where I said Glen Davis will be a star.

Getting 18-20 minutes per game is not a star. I said he will be KG's backup, you disagree. So don't make stuff up like saying that I said Glen Davis will be a star. 

Why do hate Glen Davis so much? Do you see yourself in him? Does it make you angry to see other fat people other than yourself?

I NEVER SAID GLEN DAVIS WILL BECOME A STAR!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

That interview reflects that Big Baby is sour about his role. That's not good. He's been in the rotation and will most likely start off the season in the rotation. What does he have to complain about? Does he think he should start over K.G? Only he knows the answer to that. Big Baby knows his role. He usually plays behind K.G, a future hall of famer and former league MVP.
        If Big Baby doesn't change his attitude, he will find himself on the trading block. He could be traded to a losing team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Big baby complains about role:
    Big baby needs to shut upimo he thinks hes a star when hes not http://985thesportshub.cbslocal.com/2010/09/28/audio-know-your-role-big-baby/
    Posted by celtsfan4ever

yeah and no.  he needs to shut up and should have never said this crap publicly or even in the locker room.  but i don't think he perceives himself as a star. 

but stay with me for a few moments- if you were davis last year and busted your tail in the 09 playoffs and played out of your head and then you get the news that the team is going out to get a lazy washed up hack slob like sheed to steal some of your minutes in what should be your emergent year, isn't that going to TICK you off? 

i think what you are hearing is pent up sour grapes with how doc has treated him for the past few years, mostly what i bring up below.   doc has treated davis like crap by and large starting in the rook year and right on through senselessly yanking rotations around like only doc could. 

i know breaking his thumb wasn't smart but it looked beautiful in my book next to how sheed stunk up the joint in the regular season- i mean seriously, that was no Celtic quality basketball and shelden could have done just as well- definitely would have held down the boards better than half speed sheed did. 

and all the while the red carpet was being rolled out for sheed and his fat rolls there were minutes galore in a solidly defined role for sheed no matter how much he stank and loafed, the only bad thing you heard about the WHOLE team coming from doc were his many comments about how stupid davis was

i could not believe that doc didn't just let sheed have it once while in front of a microphone post game for old times' sake- i really thought curtis rowe had come back from beyond and inhabited sheed's body!!  but all you heard about that was bad was davis.  and then doc took his sweet time "working him back in" when he did get back, while sheed continued to stink up the joint seemingly ever worse each game. 

i could see how that hypocrisy would really leave a bad taste in someone's mouth- but the taste should stay right there and not come out for public consumption- that is a bad error in judgement. 

what's in the cards for davis when perkins "comes back" <gulp /> this winter?  I gulp for the good of the team, not because i'm a davis homer.  perkins does not belong in any rotation this year coming off of that injury- we have better players than him to fill the role.  that could be what davis is wondering about as the new trick up doc's sleeve for this year, although the musings should once again not be made aloud. 

a one step slower perkins is simply not a better player than the current davis, JON and shaq, warts of all them considered.  but watch for some sort of veteran minute entitlement program coming up for new slower than ever totally rusty perk.  i'd bet on it.  then JON moves over the backup 4 and davis slides down the charts?  it wouldn't be the first time that doc gave the inferior player minutes by the bushel load simply based on veteran status.

i hope that doesn't happen.  and i really hope doc retires after this year.  his schtick is rapidly nearing expiration date of effectiveness and i'm not just talking wth davis.  going forward we need to work more and more younger talent in and doc is not the coach to do that with, never has been. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

What does he have to complain about? Does he think he should start over K.G?
    Posted by mem17

i think he's reading b/t the lines toward doc's renewed love affair with perkins once perkins returns.  and  he's justifiably angry with how he was the whipping boy last season all the while sheed played basketball that was so much more terrible than davis breaking his thumb.  i'd be mad too.  but he should shut his yapper about it.

if doc just plugs perkins in blindly no matter how much he stinks upon his return, as they did with sheed last year, i would hope danny would step in and re-establish reality for doc, as it relates to the truth.  the 5 should be JON and shaq and the 4 should be kg and davis and perkins shoudl get any incidental mop up minutes.  period.

we'll see how it unfolds.  i bet it isn't like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I don't think we should make too much about Big Baby's big mouth and the statement I'm sure he already regrets.

Doc handled it right.

And Big Baby stayed after practice for 3 hours in a non-air-conditioned gym working on his game:  his mea culpa, I believe.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Why does BBD always come to camp and try to do his own thing. Last year it ws the fight that kept him out. Show him game 6 & 7 and ask him where he was when the C's really needed him.

Shut up and play ball. You're the first PF off the bench what is the problem? Should he start over KG? Knucklehead!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Baby has shown intensity, tenacity, and skill as a player.

Some people are ruled by their emotions, and other have impulsive behavior issues. Baby seems to suffer from both conditions. It was great to see Baby's energy and drive during the play-offs, however, it is likely that Doc asked him to kick out rebounds when guarded by longer players. His record as the most blocked player in the NBA last year is more evidence of his immature behavior.

Weight issues, attitude issues, breaking a bone in a fight, statements to the press, and his style of play, make him somewhat unreliable in a team setting. He has great ability, and talent, however, if Doc decides not to play him much this season, it will be for the same reason that he does not let rookies play, he can''t trust them to do what he want done.

If he has not learned his lesson by now, he probably never will.

...too bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Must be a contract year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Bird,

Would'nt you think that Baby would try to act more mature in a contract year because it would be in his best interest?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Bird, Would'nt you think that Baby would try to act more mature in a contract year because it would be in his best interest?
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Yes, but that is not his MO.  He wants to be paid, and the only way that happens is if he plays a lot - he has a role on the team, it's a backup - he just feels a little threatened right now, but it will all work out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like guys who want to play and don't think they play enough.  But to say it publicly when you're on a championship contending team is immature.  If BBD wants the time, then play better than the guys ahead of you and make Doc give it to you.  As versatile as he is, there is clearly room for improvement in his game and he should worry about making the best of his minutes when he gets them. 

If he's thinking payday because he's about to be a FA, then we have him at the right time.  He may get a big payday from someone but I don't think of him as anything but a role player.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I didn't take his comments to be awful.  Yes, he's a little bitter that his role has changes a lot, especially feeling that after that great year and great Orlando series, Danny brought in Rasheed.  But, he shows a fire and hunger and dedication to "I'll do whatever they ask" that I actually like.  This is not as big of a deal as its being made out to be, in my opinion.  He clearly has played multiple roles for the Celts and he has filled them relatively well.   Therefore, he feels like he deserves to have some respect as a backup who can dedicate himself to doing something well (ie. what's my role?).   

All of the announcers and fans applaud a guy who knows his role and plays hard as a role player.  Doesn't this guy do that?   He's only saying now:  "Once again, I have to figure out that role before I can excel at it".   He's right! 

He could have said it better, but we don't pay him to be the most eloquent spokesman.  We pay him to be a fiery, hustling backup 4 or 5 and he does that.

"I ain't mad at him" as the kids say.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Most likely Doc had Shaq at C and JON at PF during a scrimage to see how they worked together and that didn't sit well with BB while he sat.
    Posted by Mployee8

well, if that is the case then it's just plain stupid of davis to get wound up.  they will all have spot duty any given night or series of plays at the 4/5 except shak is obviously a 5 all the time.

but i stand by everything that i have said that the celts (read: doc rivers) have treated davis like crap a lot.  leon was treated differently.  i thought that it was funny that when the music stopped when kg got injured there were not any second thoughts about who got the starting nod.  it was the black sheep.

and i would also watch for some interesting days when perkins "returns".  i for one believe that perkins is done.  you just can't tolerate all the bad points of his game with one more hair of slowness to it, and there will be a lot more slowness to it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : Eggsactly .. It is stupid and I think that's what Doc's frustration with BB is all about. They say Doc constantly rolls his eyes when questions about BB come up and it seems that he doesn't give him the respect due to BB's immaturity and at times stupidity in situations like this and last year.
    Posted by Mployee8

You think Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this year?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : Yup ... you hear any reports out that way of him complaining about his "role" ... What's the matter Fierce, lashing out with some obscure retort cause you're upset that you were wrong about your boy all along now that the story is out? Poor baby ...big baby ... cry baby
    Posted by Mployee8

For a Celtic fan you sure sound like GreenKiller. 

I'm glad that you said on record that Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this season. That way we can look back and see if you're right or wrong. 

By the way, has Josh Boone got an invite from other teams already? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : Yup ... you hear any reports out that way of him complaining about his "role" ... What's the matter Fierce, lashing out with some obscure retort cause you're upset that you were wrong about your boy all along now that the story is out? Poor baby ...big baby ... cry baby
    Posted by Mployee8

Does complaining about your role make you a bad player on the court as well? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : Aside from your mouth, what's your measuring stick .... some obscure measurement of energy, determination and facial expressions like BTU's or real stats? Adjusted for mpg it will be close but Toll has a much higher Eff ... Loser agrees to stop posting from the close of the season in 2011 till the 1st regular season game next October ... Good Luck! http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/
    Posted by Mployee8

Good Luck! Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Big baby has the right to air his gripe. He's a hard worker and a banger.
    Celtics lack of communication to Davis, on how to utilize his position. Davis is worried. The Celtics are focused on the newcomers instead of communicating
    or assuring Davis role.

Same thing happened to Tony Allen....that's why he left. No one gave him credit. If there is a chance, Davis will leave and you will be sorry.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Big baby has the right to air his gripe. He's a hard worker and a banger. Celtics lack of communication to Davis, on how to utilize his position. Davis is worried. The Celtics are focused on the newcomers instead of communicating or assuring Davis role. Same thing happened to Tony Allen....that's why he left. No one gave him credit. If there is a chance, Davis will leave and you will be sorry.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Griping about your role on media day is hardly a way to endear yourself to the fans, your coach or your team.   

Tony Allen was "overshadowed" because he didn't play consistent ball when he was given a chance.  And when he did get his act together, he blew out his knee dunking after the whistle.  It was his own fault that he never developed.  In Tony's own mind, he deserved more minutes over Ray, Pierce and others.  But his play proved otherwise.  He moved on because he thought he was a starter.  Good luck to him, but he is not a starter on a very good team.

Glen Davis is a versatile guy who has been asked to play inside or out depending on matchups and whoever else is on the floor with him.  He brings energy and toughness, but he is clearly at his best as a change of pace guy coming off the bench.  He, like TA, is not starter material on a very good team.  And if he was, he'd be playing the majority of minutes because Doc would play his best players. 

Guys like TA and BBD are destined to be role players on good teams, or they'll go elsewhere to get their payday and play more minutes in obscurity.        

Sections
Shortcuts