Big Baby disses Dwight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Big Baby disses Dwight

Wow, I read that Baby didnt think the Magic would beat them in a series....but I never read this part of his quote until this morning... maybe its already been rehashed:

“I have been playing Dwight since 2004, when I was playing against him in the AAU circuit. His game hasn’t really changed. It’s not like he has a jump shot, or a new spin move. He has the same moves since high school. He has the same post moves.” (via www.necn.com/12/25/10/Despite-loss-Celtics-not-impressed-with-/landing_sports.html?blockID=379674&feedID=3352" target="_blank">CSNNE.com)

WOW!!  The same moves since high school!! I dont know... Just as I recently started enjoying PP's big mouth and arrogance (never used to) now Baby shouts out with a BIGGER MOUTH!

Thats a fairly humiliating thing to say about DH. Baby feelin his oats as his game improves but I think he went too far with this one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Big Baby disses Dwight

I think Big baby starting to contribute a lot and his confidence was growing (which is good for us).
    I like Davis, he's a hustler, banger and has skills.
    His quote is important and I'm sure he's ready next time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Karllost, I am one poster who doesn't believe Rondo works on his FT shooting or the "result" would be better.  As much as I believe that with Rondo, I believe Baby is correct about Howard.

In all the years I've seen Howard, he doesn't do anything new offensively.  He doesn't have a new bank shot or jump hook or fall away.  He does the same moves he's been doing since he entered the NBA.

Baby is probably right that Howard has the same, lazy moves he's had since AAU.  He would know!  He hasn't worked on anything and it's evident when Orlando plays Boston.  We don't allow him to maneuver and get those spin move dunks that he gets overpowering other team's bigs.

KG made the same type of comment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Baby's right, Howard is the most over rated player in the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby disses Dwight:
     Baby's right, Howard is the most over rated player in the league.
    Posted by kyceltic

Well maybe Kome rates up there with him.  You know the "closer" and all.  If Dwight didn't get by with all the hacks and body blows after he blocked a shot he wouldn't be on the court 16 minutes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby disses Dwight : Well maybe Kome rates up there with him.  You know the "closer" and all.  If Dwight didn't get by with all the hacks and body blows after he blocked a shot he wouldn't be on the court 16 minutes.
    Posted by OneOnOne

There can only be one "Closer", and that's Kyra Sedgwick. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hopefully it doesn't backfire on BBD as Howard is still an incredible athlete w/ tons of height and reach on him

As far as the comments they are spot on

Baby in High School was 340lbs and very raw

By his sophmore year @ LSU he was 325lbs and going to the Final Four w/ much of the same game he has no except no outside shot and not quite the polish

He entered the NBa at like 305lbs

By his 2nd and 3rd years in the NBA Baby had added a sweet 20 foot J, weighs in at 290 and has vastly improved

Howard should be ashamed of his limited offensive game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Big Baby disses Dwight:
    Wow, I read that Baby didnt think the Magic would beat them in a series....but I never read this part of his quote until this morning... maybe its already been rehashed: “I have been playing Dwight since 2004, when I was playing against him in the AAU circuit. His game hasn’t really changed. It’s not like he has a jump shot, or a new spin move. He has the same moves since high school. He has the same post moves.” (via www.necn.com/12/25/10/Despite-loss-Celtics-not-impressed-with-/landing_sports.html?blockID=379674&feedID=3352 " target="_blank" /> CSNNE.com ) WOW!!  The same moves since high school!! I dont know... Just as I recently started enjoying PP's big mouth and arrogance (never used to) now Baby shouts out with a BIGGER MOUTH! Thats a fairly humiliating thing to say about DH. Baby feelin his oats as his game improves but I think he went too far with this one.
    Posted by Karllost

Its definitley a dishonorable thing to say, but there is a lot of truth into it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

Hopefully it doesn't backfire on BBD as Howard is still an incredible athlete w/ tons of height and reach on him As far as the comments they are spot on Baby in High School was 340lbs and very raw By his sophmore year @ LSU he was 325lbs and going to the Final Four w/ much of the same game he has no except no outside shot and not quite the polish He entered the NBa at like 305lbs By his 2nd and 3rd years in the NBA Baby had added a sweet 20 foot J, weighs in at 290 and has vastly improved Howard should be ashamed of his limited offensive game
    Posted by rameakap

Don't forget Baby's post game is vastly improved.  Remember in his early NBA days he would get blocked on 80% of his layups.  Now this figure has been significantly reduced.

Howard is a great player.  However, most of his greatness comes from his body type combined with his athleticism.  His athleticism won't be with him as he ages.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think Baby has a right to say whatever he wants.  There are some players who just don't like other players and have no problem saying publicly how they feel (see Joakim Noah).  Baby is a product of what hard work gets you.  He came in as a 2nd round draft pick and he has worked to vastly improve his game.  Coming from a guy like Baby, you can see the animosity from him looking at such a talented guy like Howard who appears to have done nothing to improve his game.

If there is anyone who has visibly improved their game over the past few years, it's Baby.  I wish a few other Celtics had the work ethic like him to improve their games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Yeah I think too that he is overrated. Howard is good and without any doubt the best center in the league but people put too much pressure on him... 

On the other hand he likes the spotlights!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I love Baby and the way he uses his body on Howard. I also think that Baby is absolutely correct.

I do wonder if it is possible for Howard to significantly improve his jump shot and free throw shooting. He may not have the fine motor skills and eye hand coordination to improve those parts of his game significantly. Sometimes it is a matter of genetics and not practice.

While it has been said of Barkey, that he never worked on his game and played with raw talent, I think that most players that reach the NBA are always trying to improve their games. Of course there is always the lazy man with talent, but Howard has spent time with Olajuwon to improve himself. I think that is a sign that he does work on his game.

Baby may want to be careful about what he says. Do you remember last years play-offs when Howard knocked Baby out with his elbows, and it was a foul on Baby? He may not be able to shoot jumpers, but sure gets the Star calls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Big Baby tends to talk too much. I love how he's improved his game but Dwight Howard is a great player. He doesn't have pretty offensive post moves, but he's effective offensively. Secondly he's the best defensive post player in the game and is also one of the best rebounders. Lastly, how many times did Howard block Big Baby's shot last game? All in all, Big Baby isn't half the player Howard is. He's got a lot of nerve to insult his game to the press. Howard will surely keep this in mind the next time the C's play Orlando as he will block every shot down low B.B takes.
        If any of us were wondering if B.B has finally grown up, we just got our answer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Howard is a one dimensional player and a good one.  He is also one of the dirtiest yet pampered players I have ever seen.  His nice guy pr face is probably the reason. Still he hurts other players with dirty play not good hard nosed play. BBD has every right to go after him.  He has improved and Howard has not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Hopefully it doesn't backfire on BBD as Howard is still an incredible athlete w/ tons of height and reach on him
    Posted by rameakap

i don't think you have to lose any sleep.  people crack on davis for being short and fat, but he's got calves bigger than most people's thighs and thusly bodies duh-white off of his spot (and "off" of d. howard's spot can be as close to four feet from the basket- he gets paralyzed with fear).

short, fat and all, davis is stronger than howard, it's been shown time and again.  only occasionally has howard gotten off vs. the c's with perkins and davis hammering on him and knocking him off his "spot" (LOL).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby disses Dwight : i don't think you have to lose any sleep.  people crack on davis for being short and fat, but he's got calves bigger than most people's thighs and thusly bodies duh-white off of his spot (and "off" of d. howard's spot can be as close to four feet from the basket- he gets paralyzed with fear). short, fat and all, davis is stronger than howard, it's been shown time and again.  only occasionally has howard gotten off vs. the c's with perkins and davis hammering on him and knocking him off his "spot" (LOL).
    Posted by aciemvp

I agree about not fearing Howard very much, our team plays them better than anyone in the league.

As you can prob tell from my other posts, I am terrified of not getting the top seed in the East.

I guess a slight consolation prize for me would be the 2 seed with the Magic getting the 3 seed... would rather face them than the Bulls. I think Knicks have the 5 seed unless they trad efor Melo and then who knows what they will play like.

Sections
Shortcuts