Big Baby for Andy V or Nick Young?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Big Baby for Andy V or Nick Young?

The point is that only if he lost weight he'd have that chance to be the physical type, but as I wrote, he's never going to be the aggressive, assertive player Barkley was.  And, as I also wrote, he wasn't the same player after Thomas left, which explains his draft drop and was no surprise to anyone at LSU.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby for Andy V or Nick Young?:
    In Response to Re: Big Baby for Andy V or Nick Young? : I think if Big Baby was the "Barkley type" he would not have fallen in the 2nd round of the 2007 Draft. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Wasn't Andrew Toney a second round pick? Paul Pierce was selected 10th, when he was probably in the top three or so his draft year. Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round. While you make a decent point, it is not an absolute one.

Baby was very clutch in the playoffs when KG got hurt. He's being asked to do too much, and it's hurting his development. He's not a center. You might be able to get away with that a couple minutes a game, but no more than that.

If Davis were trim and healthy, he'd be a beast on offense every game. While he's a unique, undefined tweener between the 3-5 spots, he can cause matchup difficulties for the other team. This isn't football. He needs to lose the weight, keep it off, and fix his knees before he ends up with chronic injuries.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby for Andy V or Nick Young?:
    In Response to Re: Big Baby for Andy V or Nick Young? : In the 2007 NBA Draft, Jay Bilas and co. said if Glen Davis entered the 2006 Draft he would have been a 1st round pick. Glen Davis went from being a 1st round pick to a 2nd round pick the following year. Maybe it was his weight that the teams were afraid of. All I'm saying is, if the teams thought he was the "Barkley type" I think they would have picked him in the 1st round. But maybe because they thought Glen Davis was the "Oliver Miller type", he ended up becoming a 2nd round pick.  
    Posted by Fiercest34

I hear you. There have been a number of players who ate their way out of the league. Those guys not only ate a lot of food but also cap space.

Big Baby is young enough to change his tune. He's still got a young metabolism and most importantly a strong desire to thrive in the NBA. Paul Fierce is the one who should help him with dieting. Paul is proof that someone with a food problem, perhaps even an addiction, can get it under control.

Thomas Hamilton represented the worst case scenario. His weight not only possibly kept himself out of the Hall of Fame, he couldn't even last more than 33 games.

From celtic-nation.com:

Thomas Hamilton #30
    College: PITTSBURGH '97
    Height: 7'2
    Weight: 360 LBS
    DOB 04/03/1975

One-time high school star at Martin Luther Jr. King High School in Chicago. Verbally committed to the University of Pittsburgh but never played there. Signed as a free agent by the Boston Celtics on November 24, 1995. Weight was listed at 360 pounds and was always an issue with the team. Labeled a project by director of basketball operations and coach M.L. Carr. Played 11 games as a Celtics. Best performance came against the Washington Bullets on April 10, when he scored 13 points and grabbed six rebounds in 12 minutes. Waived on June 28, 1996.

I saw that one game live. He was incredible. The problem was he probably went out after the game for 4 Big Macs, 2 Superfries, 3 Fish Fillets, a large soda pop, and 3 chocolate milk shakes.

Sections
Shortcuts