Big Baby makes me crazy!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Big Baby makes me crazy!!

I love the guy, I really do.  He brings energy off the bench.  He is a great ROLE player.  Someone should tell him,though, to stop taking jump shots and fade-aways from the baseline in the 4th quarter.  Use your spin move, back door cut, offensive rebound, but PLEASE.......you are not Ray Allen or KG.  Stop taking outside shots late in the game.  Let the Hall of Famers close out games for us!

It ruined, for me, an otherwise outstanding performance by him.

That is all!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Big Baby makes me crazy!!

He has made that shot pretty consistantly this year.  He has also played very well all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Baby hasnt been shooting as well as he has in the past. Key point I am trying to make is that he has shot well. No reason to kick him while he is ever so slightly down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think I'd also rather see Big Baby go to the hole late in the game....he is a good foul shooter and anyone trying to keep him from the rim (even if they block his shot) is gonna get pounded , so I think I'd rather see Baby pass up the corner jumper in the 4th, and go to the hole. Even so, let's give Baby his due, he has hit that outside shot late in games, for the last two seasons + playoffs

Glen Davis has been fantastic this season. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a 3 yr extension , he is one of the most exciting players they have developed (along with Rondo) in quite a while...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Glenn is getting close to KG on that jumper.  Struggled a little lately but overall he has hit quite a few key shots for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'm wondering if BB has some sort of nagging injury.  His shooting was so hot out of the gate and now he seems to have slowed down.
    Hey, Celtics win, Lakers lose.  Happy holidays everybody.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Glen Davis mastering that 20-foot shot will be the difference for the Celtics in the playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I certainly don't mind anybody taking the outside shots when they're falling. A smart player has to realize when he's hot from the perimeter and when he's not. I don't have any complaints with B.B. He's playing well thus far this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby makes me crazy!!:
    I certainly don't mind anybody taking the outside shots when they're falling. A smart player has to realize when he's hot from the perimeter and when he's not. I don't have any complaints with B.B. He's playing well thus far this season.
    Posted by mem17

When Glenn is on the floor with KG, PP, RA and Rondo they all feel like they are hot.  The all think the next one will go in.  Well everyone but RR.  I want Baby to have that confidence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby makes me crazy!! : When Glenn is on the floor with KG, PP, RA and Rondo they all feel like they are hot.  The all think the next one will go in.  Well everyone but RR.  I want Baby to have that confidence.
    Posted by OneOnOne

he's got to.  he can't stop shooting that shot at all.  so far this year he has been what sheed WAS NOT from the perimeter in the floor spreader big man role, among other things.  and given the fragile nature of our russian roulette bigs, the more davis can roll and get that 15-20 footer to be automatic, the better team we are, just another weapon.

what better time to practice stepping into it than the lowly raptors.  i know they gave up points in the fourth quarter but who cares, growing pains if you will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Big Baby makes me crazy!!:
    I love the guy, I really do.  He brings energy off the bench.  He is a great ROLE player.  Someone should tell him,though, to stop taking jump shots and fade-aways from the baseline in the 4th quarter.  Use your spin move, back door cut, offensive rebound, but PLEASE.......you are not Ray Allen or KG.  Stop taking outside shots late in the game.  Let the Hall of Famers close out games for us! It ruined, for me, an otherwise outstanding performance by him. That is all!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

you are... not...alone....the players need to tell  "BABY-DOLL"

to park his fat aaazzz down low..."DOLL-BABY"...needs to

watch past film of ..."CHARLES BARKLEY"...in the low post...

BARKLEY understood how to use his body to initiate contact

and get his shot off without getting it blocked....

all "BABY-DOLL"wants to do is ..."PROFILE" for the camera i.e. ...

"espn"...shooting his sorry aaazzz fade-away , which I have

never seen him make a single damn one.....

I honestly believe if ..."SHAQ"  would ride "baby-doll's" sorry

aaazzz as you say , "doll-baby" would listen because "baby-doll"

has a similar body structure as SHAQ....however , "doll-baby"

wants to play like ..."KG"...an outside dude...

"baby-doll" profiles at the foul line , and that's when he ususally

misses the damn shot , trying to be "cuteeee-rooteeee" look at me...

i just hope DOC  gives some floor time to ...BRADLEY ,

WAFER & LUKE.....rat-now....while it's early in the season...

BEAT L . A. ...BEAT L. A. ...BEAT L. A. .....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

the following comes to us courtesy of one binbones, who at 627 posts, is another would-be contributer here who doesn't realize his posts are hidden. do enjoy...

In Response to Big Baby makes me crazy!!:

I love the guy, I really do.  He brings energy off the bench.  He is a great ROLE player.  Someone should tell him,though, to stop taking jump shots and fade-aways from the baseline in the 4th quarter.  Use your spin move, back door cut, offensive rebound, but PLEASE.......you are not Ray Allen or KG.  Stop taking outside shots late in the game.  Let the Hall of Famers close out games for us! It ruined, for me, an otherwise outstanding performance by him. That is all!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

you are... not...alone....the players need to tell  "BABY-DOLL" 
    to park his fat aaazzz down low..."DOLL-BABY"...needs to

watch past film of ..."CHARLES BARKLEY"...in the low post...

BARKLEY understood how to use his body to initiate contact

and get his shot off without getting it blocked....

all "BABY-DOLL"wants to do is ..."PROFILE" for the camera i.e. ...

"espn"...shooting his sorry aaazzz fade-away , which I have

never seen him make a single damn one.....
    I honestly believe if ..."SHAQ"  would ride "baby-doll's" sorry
    aaazzz as you say , "doll-baby" would listen because "baby-doll"

has a similar body structure as SHAQ....however , "doll-baby"
    wants to play like ..."KG"...an outside dude...
    "baby-doll" profiles at the foul line , and that's when he ususally
    misses the damn shot , trying to be "cuteeee-rooteeee" look at me...
    i just hope DOC  gives some floor time to ...BRADLEY , 
    WAFER & LUKE.....rat-now....while it's early in the season...
    BEAT L . A. ...BEAT L. A. ...BEAT L. A. .....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

that's gripping rhetoric.  really productive verbiage from an illiterate hater.  davis does do business down low.  he is a work in progress, who needs to get better at everything.

but for your information, davis has shot the fade away, and did it rather well when he started for KG and proved he could get the job done- he shot the fade away as a starter and in the playoffs, after your ridiculous fair weather fan azz had turned the tv off. 

the biggest problem with davis right now is that everything about his game was put on the back burner to accomodate fat loser sheed last year, so he has to dust things off and get them going again.  i really like how we now have a REAL big in shak who does not require anyone else to subvert their game to contribute to the team.

the fade away reverse turn is a viable davis shot.  not his best one, but certainly in the arsenal.  unless at age 24 his skills have just eroded and faded away.  take bin bones and his dopey stuff and park it.  it's worse posing that davis has ever done on a basketball floor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

When Baby was inside last year and trying to take layups he got blocked (I think he got blocked more times than anyone else in the NBA or darn near it, right?).  We all moaned when he was inside too much.  Now, he's hitting that shot most of the time and I like it.  He'll get more inside shots because he's not one dimensional.  Remember that in the series that year against Orlando when Garnett was out, it was Baby hitting that 15 to 18 footer consistently.  He can do it!

Also, remember that when Perk and Rondo were in there in the 4th qtr, Ray, Paul, and KG got smothered on D.  We need someone who can know that shot down because as the 4th option, the opposition is going to leave him open a lot.  So, he HAS to take the shot. He cannot be like Rondo and stand there lost, hesitating, and afraid to knock down the open J.  I say shoot it if you're open and get prepared for the post season!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Big Baby's game lately has been affected by his having to play the post at times. He is most effective when playing the power forward position. Also, he needs to work on his shooting mechanics. He's got a soft touch but needs  to put more arc in his shots. Flat shots are lower percentage shots. If he can develop consistency with his medium range jumper, Baby can be another offensive option at crunch time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Would you guys rather have Anthony Tolliver instead of Glen Davis?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't mind the jump shots.  I don't mind him being a 4th option.  I don't mind him shooting at all when he has his feet set.  I HATE the fade away on the baseline, and I HATE him shooting it like he's the first option.  With time ticking away, he is very good.  Until then, hang out, get on OR, set a screen, and WAIT until the clock is winding down.  Despite 18 points last night, he did NOT have a good game.  He rushed many shots, esp his last two.  A role player has to know he's not Ray Allen.
    That's all I'm saying...................I'm not bashing the guy, I mean, we won.  But his shot selection was suspect in that 4th Quarter.  And YES, I'd rather have him than Anthony Tolliver!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Shooting desperation shots at the END of the shot clock would only REDUCE his shooting percentage.  He has to take them when they are open.  I don't see him just shooting as the first option.  I think he's taking pretty good shots most of the time.  Like everyone, he has a few that are bad, but I think his shot selection is pretty good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Shooting desperation shots at the END of the shot clock would only REDUCE his shooting percentage.  He has to take them when they are open.  I don't see him just shooting as the first option.  I think he's taking pretty good shots most of the time.  Like everyone, he has a few that are bad, but I think his shot selection is pretty good.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

His last two shots last night were not good.  Ordinarily, I would agree with you.  But with us trying to hold off Toronto, and with them scoring 34 points in the 4th Quarter to make a game of it..........................
    We have to have a better shot than a fade away 15 footer from the baseline after JUST missing badly on an open 17 footer.....not smart shots. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Glen Davis mastering that 20-foot shot will be the difference for the Celtics in the playoffs. 
    Posted by P34

I think the Celtics having a deeper team that plays better "team" ball will be the diff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Would you guys rather have Anthony Tolliver instead of Glen Davis?
    Posted by P34

nice!  love it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Glen Davis needs to keep making those open seventeen footers late in a game.  He has done so most of this season.  When he can get to the basket be assured that will be his first choice.

He is a terrific player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Glen needs to stay within 15 feet and take shots.  he has a higher percentage im sure when he within 15ft versus 15-20ft.  Play within yourself is all we want players to do!!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Glen needs to stay within 15 feet and take shots.  he has a higher percentage im sure when he within 15ft versus 15-20ft.  Play within yourself is all we want players to do!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g

15 feet shots? How many times in an NBA game is the 15 feet shot open?

Watch the games and you'll see that the 15 feet shot is rarely open.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He's taken and made a lot of good shots in most games this year (and added great hustle, rebounding, and defense).  We should be very happy with his play.  He simply missed a couple of shots and even one of them was a bad shot, it was only one possession (the other shot was a miss - not a bad shot).   Everyone from Rondo to Ray to Paul takes bad shots once in a while but overall, I love this guy's decisions this year vs the bad decisions to try to shoot from underneath the basket last year.

Sections
Shortcuts