Big Baby makes me crazy!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Re: Big Baby makes me crazy!!

In Response to Re: Big Baby makes me crazy!!:
    I think I'd also rather see Big Baby go to the hole late in the game....he is a good foul shooter and anyone trying to keep him from the rim (even if they block his shot) is gonna get pounded , so I think I'd rather see Baby pass up the corner jumper in the 4th, and go to the hole. Even so, let's give Baby his due, he has hit that outside shot late in games, for the last two seasons + playoffs Glen Davis has been fantastic this season. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a 3 yr extension , he is one of the most exciting players they have developed (along with Rondo) in quite a while...
    Posted by PHX85014

I love this pic  and BBD needs to go inside more and use his his big Body like the Big Leprechaun  AKA Shaq

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Big Baby was deadly early this season with those 15 footers... he gets them often.  Lately they havent been dropping for some reason.

Bottom line is Baby has to keep taking these shots when open. He can make them and it helps our offense tremendously.  Baby has a decent drive and it has to be respected  so is jumper is usually open, When hes nailing it, we're tough to beat. Its not like its a bad shot for him, he should take them every time he gets them.

Same with KG... getting sick of watching him pass up open shots from inside the 3...which are his bread & butter. Hes gets us in trouble when he does

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

BB just buy some Charles Barkley NBA tapes from his playing days...then maybe you can learn to use that big body around the hoop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

How you like me now?....says Big Baby.   That shot sort of saved our butts last night!   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

It's strange that it wasn't mentioned anywhere that Baby was nursing knee tendinitis the last couple of weeks.  That's why his shooting and rebouding had fallen off.  He's back to beasting now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Baby is a very good player now. High Basketball IQ. He can replace Perk if he can block more shots. He is already much better than Perk in scoring, taking charges, and setting picks. I love his jumpers. He will have a better NBA future than Perk for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Perceptions about players can never alter the facts.

Baby has been shooting the ball well all year .500 from the field.   Over the past 5 games he is 28/58 including 2 games where he did not shoot the ball well.  But tell me a player that does not have an off shooting night?

His work on making those elbow jumpers has been impressive and his defense has been outstanding.

baby is an important part of the Celtics rotation and has been playing the 6th man role very well.

dboss

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Okay, let me clarify this.  I like his game, and he is having a great year.  They should sign him to an extension ASAP..........................it that game, though, right after missing a wide open 17 footer, he took a fade-away from the baseline with about 20 seconds left on the shot clock.  He should have made a better decision, and it frustrated the heck out of me.  Players need to know when they are hot, and when they should pass.  Although he made up for it last night, that shot he took the other night, almost cost us the game.

But, I do love the guy and his energy.

Take all the elbow shots you want, Glen.......just stop the fade-aways from the baseline.
    Hope that clears it up!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from saraswatinamah. Show saraswatinamah's posts

All the charges he takes every game, offensive rebounds, great heart and a consistent outside shot is enough to to keep Baby around.... What's not to love about Baby...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

Until last year's playoff run I was convinced glen was overrated.  Ive since been made a believer.  Anyone who's disapointed with how hes played so far this year cant see past the end of his/her nose. Hes been hands down great this year, clearly the most improved celtic on the roster, perhaps with the exception of Quis.

Seriously, lets look at how far glen's game has evolved in the past 12 months: last year Glen's inside game (and occasional low emotional iq off the court) infuriated me.  He was simply getting blocked way too regularly (when he wasnt injured or suspended out of straight stupidity).  Glen's head seams to be on straight this year (okay, the season's still young!) and he's hitting the 15-20 footer very consistently, forcing his defender to tighten up and making his power moves all the more effective.  Hes unbelievably fast and coordinated for his size. And he's a good finisher. Reminds me of worthy, yeah, I said james fricking worthy. 

Glen is also a darn good passer and savy as hell on d.  Granted, he lacks height and isnt exactly a vertical leaping phenom, still, he holds his own against all but the elite big men.  Add to ALL that his willingness to throw his body around, check the charges this season, and youve got one hell of a bench player.  Sure, he turns the ball over on occasion, but so do all of the big three (and still headed to the hall). 

Finally, last night against Portland Glen was the only celtics hitting when we came into the 3rd quarter colder then nebraska.  He kept us in the game. IN fact, id say he had the best game of any celtic, excluding Pierce who frickin lit it up.  Make no mistake, the energy provided by the green d-cell battery that is Glen Davis is a huge plus to this celtics squad.

Go green.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Amen, Chief!  Great post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I agree with Chief16OZ !

Big Baby HAS taken his game to the next level. He is absolutely an impact player and his playoff play make him a borderline elite player. 

Baby should have the green light to shoot that jumper anytime he wants. He has proven he can hit it and it's not like he's been hogging the ball and preventing the Big 3 from scoring in the 4th (someone has to !)

All the people complaining about Baby's jumper are probably the same people complaining he gets too many shots blocked in the paint.

Make up your minds !

On that note, it's time for me to crack open a 16oz Natural Ice....$1ea at the drive thru window here in the 85014

14-4 NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD !

GO CELTICS, NEXT VICTIM CHICAGO BULLS !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX. Show DarkFenX's posts

I don't understand this. In the Blazer's game, Glen was 2 - 2 from 20 ft out. He can make those shots. You need to put more trust in the player just like Pierce did with Ray Allen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

BB just buy some Charles Barkley NBA tapes from his playing days...then maybe you can learn to use that big body around the hoop.
    Posted by walk2run

Barkley was much more athletic than B.B and Barkley also has long arms. Therefore Barkley's jumping ability and long arms gave him a big advantage under the basket despite being about 6'5. Big Baby is about 6'7 but he doesn't jump well and his arms are normal length for his height. 
       On a positive note, Big Baby is not getting his shot blocked nearly as much this season as compared to previous seasons. He's getting smarter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby makes me crazy!! :   On a positive note, Big Baby is not getting his shot blocked nearly as much this season as compared to previous seasons. He's getting smarter.
    Posted by mem17

yes, this has been a much needed improvement.  in many respects the guy almost had to start over last year.  all the while sheed was making c's fans everywhere throw up inside their mouths and all over their livings rooms, davis was treated like crap for a single transgression.

then he had to subjugate his game to "fit in" with sheed's unending desire to hoist errant long bombs.

davis is about right on target for what i thought he should be this year, a 12 and 6 guy while playing 28 minutes a night. 

many others, including dudder, long ago declared davis "is what he is" and isn't going to get any better, and duddo even asked me specifically, "what, do you expect he's going to improve his free throw shooting?" when imploring me on what he felt was an obviously tapped out (for potential) davis.

and i said "why yes i do!".  and he has.  he should be a career 75%+ shooter from the stripe.

and for the future, he's never going to be the conventional definition of "great", but he does off stat sheet things few other players will do.  he could be the post KG starter, and he could easily start on many teams right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

In Response to Big Baby makes me crazy!!:
    I love the guy, I really do.  He brings energy off the bench.  He is a great ROLE player.  Someone should tell him,though, to stop taking jump shots and fade-aways from the baseline in the 4th quarter.  Use your spin move, back door cut, offensive rebound, but PLEASE.......you are not Ray Allen or KG.  Stop taking outside shots late in the game.  Let the Hall of Famers close out games for us! It ruined, for me, an otherwise outstanding performance by him. That is all!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Would you say the same thing about RONDO?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

PHX,

I love the picture.

Every player has good and bad games offensively. As long as he brings that drive, energy, and defense every night, I am happy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

Great posts Chief and acie (is that you Bailey?). Big Baby is an excellent player. No doubt. Here's the catch. Every player in the NBA is pretty sensational. There's a pretty small difference between the great and the good and the mediocre and even the bad. Some are born just SO freakishly tall and big and athletic that that's enough (I'm looking at you Shaq and LePrincess). The other big divider of players is work ethic. 

Thanks to the incredible locker room vibe Doc and the Big Three have fostered, Baby's got it. All our players have it. Otherwise, they end up balling in Siberia like Gerald Green, or chilling on some bills drinking a Bud Light ala Sheed. He's going to continue to improve because that's the expectation. Imagine if LeBoobie had the Kobe's work ethic. The Beef never would have gotten anywhere if he didn't work his a$Z off the way he does. Hopefully, we'll have Baby for his entire career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Hedleyamar

I think you may be micro-analyzing bay's play.  There is obviuosly room for improvement but he continues to get better.

dboss 

Sections
Shortcuts